EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: I apologize if I already asked this question...my brain is mush today....: What is the first thing you want to eat post delivery (doesn't have to be realistic...just what are you craving the most as your first postpartum meal)?

Re: Weekly Check-In 11/1

• Loading the player...
  • @panaceia - Oh I def need to upgrade our monitor, so thanks for the reminder. The nanit looks amazing!!
    @rachelredhead - cute announcement!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 20 + 5, Due 3-16-22

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Apparently the size of a classic Game Boy!

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue x 2

Upcoming Appointments: OB 11/15, MFM 12/22

How are you feeling?: Good! Appetite has increased! 

Rants/Raves: Spent Halloween weekend with the in-laws, and it was a great time. Getting impatient in feeling some movement. Sometimes, I think it's a kick, but it happens infrequently. Starting to work on a list of what we need to get for the twins, and it's daunting to even think about. Definitely need to work on this so I can keep my eyes open with all of the holiday sales!

Questions:

GTKY: I apologize if I already asked this question...my brain is mush today....: What is the first thing you want to eat post delivery (doesn't have to be realistic...just what are you craving the most as your first postpartum meal)? Didn't get a true first PP meal last time around, but I would love a really gooey cheeseburger with bacon and avocado. And crispy french fries.
  • @rachelredhead Such a cute announcement! And seeing your little guy is getting me excited for a little boy too 😍
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 31. 18+4

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: big toe is a peppercorn today 😂

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: FO 

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan is 11/12!! Getting close

How are you feeling?: better than first trimester. Which was horrible. But I still have some bad days. And some evenings where I’m completely exhausted. And still some occasional nausea. I just got done working 3 12+hour hard shifts at work (yay for delivering Halloween babies!) but I am sore from it. 

Rants/Raves: thankful my husband cleaned up his usual “dad days” mess in the kitchen. Upset he did no yard clean up because we have SO. MANY. LEAVES. 

Questions: natm 

GTKY: What is the first thing you want to eat post delivery (doesn't have to be realistic...just what are you craving the most as your first postpartum meal)? I’m gonna be truthful I haven’t restricted myself as much this time around. I’ve had smart sushi. Not fully cooked meats(steak well done. 🤢) turkey sandwiches, ate a decent amount of seafood on our cruise ins eptwmber, etc.  
    a giant margarita or big glass of wine and sushi. I’ve been on a fish kick lately and find it’s a strange craving but 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @nursejenn5 I had a HUGE fish craving with DD2. I pretty much lived off of tuna, salmon and shrimp for a good portion of it...
  • @nursejenn5 I am way more lenient this time around. Lunch meat grosses me out right now but I’d eat it if it didn’t. I don’t eat much raw sushi (but we have a place nearby with awesome cooked options) because we’re in Minnesota and I’d just be a little nervous about freshness. But when we go to San Diego in Jan I am pumped to plow through fresh raw sushi! 

I also think reasonable alcohol consumption is fine. I have a half glass of wine on occasion. 

• EDD / Weeks + Days:  19w 1d 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: mango 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: had our AS today and go back again on Thursday. 

How are you feeling?:  Still getting the awful headaches (OB thinks it’s pressure related) and now add Braxton Hicks to the mix but still in good spirits. Oh and DS gave me his cold. 

Rants/Raves: Couldn’t get a measurement of my cervix which we have been waiting for to alleviate some anxiety. Not only did they have a difficult time finding it, they couldn’t measure it because I was contracting. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: I apologize if I already asked this question...my brain is mush today....: What is the first thing you want to eat post delivery (doesn't have to be realistic...just what are you craving the most as your first postpartum meal)?
    hmmmm...probably sushi. 
  • @goldfishcraker I think we can start kicking counts around 32 weeks if I rember correctly? Also, are you allowed to bring food in? Could your Hbeing a small cooler for himself with food? There is a good court in the maternity wing here buy SO is not a fan so he always just brought food...but if he's not allowed to leave this time  sure he'll be bringing a cooler since we'll be there at least 2 days...
  • @Panaceia and @goldfishcraker
    At the hospital I had DS, the hubby wasn’t allowed to leave since it was early pandemic so they gave him a meal card to take down to the cafeteria.
    He seemed to do pretty well with that, I’d say he got more food than I did for sure lol
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 14 / 21w

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: the size of a least weasel? I didn’t even know that was a thing lol 

FTM/STM/TTM+: complicated, but I have 1 son who is 3

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: OB on Nov 22 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall! Some pelvic girdle and hip pain the last few days, even wearing a belly band

Rants/Raves: Anterior placenta has me feeling a little frustrated, and the insomnia is real. The only advantage to being awake for a couple of hours in the middle of the night is that it’s the only time I regularly feel her moving. Actually got a decent thump last night, instead of the tickling pops/flutters I’ve mostly had! 

Questions:

A medium rare steak, along with an ice cold beer or a glass of wine. 
  • @goldfishcraker kick counts start at 28 weeks! 
    I don’t ever remember doing them with my first though 🤔
  • @goldfishcraker when I had DS husband was allowed to order with me from the cafeteria. The nurse basically said there was no limit to what I wanted to order so I should just be “really hungry” every meal and order two meals each time. 😂  I’m hoping this time we can at least get delivery to the hospital because hospital food is not awesome. 
  • @rachelredhead Since our healthcare is covered provincially we are limited to 1 appetizer, 1 entre and 1 dessert per hospital meal...and we can only order 3 meals a day...so we can't order extra:( But that would be sooo nice!
  • @Panaceia yeah, I’m not expecting that to happen again. I feel like that was what the hospital did earlier in the pandemic out of necessity. I’m guessing we’ll bring a cooler this time for DH and cross our fingers that we can order food in from nearby restaurants. 🤷‍♀️
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 24th/ 20 +2  

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Baby is the size of a Starbucks venti cup

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: Hungry and achy. I want corn in a cup, but I want the corn to come from a cob and not a can.

Rants/Raves: Not really liking my job, but I don’t know if I can leave and be hired for another job while pregnant 🤔

Questions: NATM

GTKY: I apologize if I already asked this question...my brain is mush today....: What is the first thing you want to eat post delivery (doesn't have to be realistic...just what are you craving the most as your first postpartum meal)?@goldfishcraker I agree! Eggs Benedict for me and eggs over easy. Sushi too of course!

• *i'll be back to reply later!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/20 20+2

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: idk, apparently they're chunky and measuring a week ahead anyway soooooo

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: green- and all team green-ness still in tact after AS yesterday. I feel like i yelled "we don't want to know" at everyone i saw yesterday. 

Upcoming Appointments: none, had AS and OB check yesterday 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Yesterday's AS went well, we will have to go back for several things, including better views of the spine. Everything else looked normal though. Apparently my anterior placenta is now placenta previa, which could *potentially* cause problems if it is too grown into the wall of the uterus... from what i understand, because i had a previous c-section, that's slightly more likely but still rare. Don't worry, the dr told me the worst case scenario is they'll "have to take the whole uterus out at delivery" but , ya know, nbd lol. 

Rants/Raves: Rave that we got some really adorable pics of the baby yesterday and in general, things are looking find. Rant that DD (almost 3yo) got sent home from daycare with hand, foot, mouth disease. I was planning a leisurely day off yesterday including breakfast with DH after the AS. I was dissapointed that didn't happen, but today is worse trying to WFH with a toddler. Send help!

Questions: anyone had placenta previa/accreta? Issues/things i should do or be worried about?

GTKY: I apologize if I already asked this question...my brain is mush today....: What is the first thing you want to eat post delivery (doesn't have to be realistic...just what are you craving the most as your first postpartum meal)? A stiff drink, probably wine. I'm a vegetarian so i don't have to cut out a lot of foods, but i do love a drink in the evenings/weekends! 
  • @kgg2241 I had painful cramping with my first, but it was usually due to over activity or not getting enough liquids. This time I've had a lot of really bad round ligament pain, but not cramping. Have you asked your doctor about it? If it's not normal for you during pregnancy I would check I with them just to be sure. I hope it stops soon!

@morgantu no personal experience but I have a few friends who had previa and for all if them it resolved by around 30 or 32 ish weeks. I know the only difference was that they were monitored a little more closely and if it didn't resolve then they would have to have a c-section (or repeat c-section) around 37 weeks. I don't know much about accretia other than that it is more serious...but still manageable. FX it's previa and that it resolves on its own!!!
  • @morgantu I had placenta Previa with my son, but it resolved by my follow up ultrasound at 28w. My doctor did recommend pelvic rest when it was initially diagnosed, but that was all. FX yours resolves too! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 15 / 21+0

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Endive - and apparently today is the day we start measuring head to foot instead of head to rump!

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green - and still so even after the anatomy scan last week!

Upcoming Appointments: I'm doing the NIPT blood draw on Friday, then no appointment until the week after Thanksgiving.  But starting then I go WEEKLY for MPP and growth scans. Apparently the guidance has been updated to starting that at 24 weeks now instead of 32/36 weeks.  Crazy! My doc joked that if I fail my glucose test I'll be practically living there with her.

How are you feeling?: I have a cold so that's been suck-tastic. I freaked out after the EFI on the scan on Friday, but I'm at peace with the current plan and we'll see what the NIPT shows.

Rants/Raves: Rant that DH threw all the strollers and car seats from the garage in my office last night. Not pleased. But rave that I got a new car on Thursday!  I drove a small, 4 door sedan so we couldn't fit 3 car seats in the back. I decided that I wanted a Kia Carnival and a dealer called me Thursday saying someone backed out of  a pre-order and it was first come, first serve.  Hooray!  Now if I could hurry up and learn how to safely park a large vehicle.....

Questions: Anyone else surprised by nipple tenderness still? I don't feel like it lasted this long the other times...

No clue. It'll depend on the time of day. With DD it was 6 am and I wanted donuts but got a giant, amazing cinnamon roll.  With DS it was 1 pm or so, I think DH brought me Hooters wings. But I can't remember what I'm not supposed to be eating any way, so I'm eating most of the things already.
  • @Panaceia my brother has the Nanit and loves it! I plan to stick with our original monitor and add a camera, but I will borrow my brother's 4Mom bassinet to use in place of my beloved RNP (which wasn't discontinued until after DS outgrew it). I swear that thing was the only way I got sleep!
  • @michelle_bird That's so good to hear! I didn't have a monitor at all with DD1 and got a cheap one with DD2 that I didn't really use until she was a year old since DD1 was already old enough to entertain herself if I was with DD2 napping (she was already almost 6). And then it broke...This time I know I won't be able to be with baby all the time like I was with my first so I'm hoping the nanit helps ease my anxiety when I can't be with baby while he's napping etc. And I'm glad you found a replacement for your RnP:) I know many people who said it saved their sanity through the baby stage.
  • So many posts this week! So hard to reply to each one but briefly- the people struggling with headaches- I had a daily pounding headache on the right side until I let a (trusted) chiropractor adjust my neck. HA was terrible the rest of the day but then completely gone. Nothing since 🙌🏼
    Happy for everyone getting good AS news and feeling tons of movement. And commiserating with those still feeling sick. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 4/6 / 18+1

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: size of an artichoke

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Girl

Upcoming Appointments: AS 11/23

How are you feeling?: I am feeling a bit more like a human being! I attempted to wean off my Zofran and the nausea/dry heaving came back with a vengeance. Seems like I am on Zofran for the long haul, but I am thankful I am able to be up and out of bed, doing some regular human being things!

Rants/Raves: Rave: I love how active this board is this week! I am thankful for this awesome community!

Questions: None today. 

GTKY: I apologize if I already asked this question...my brain is mush today....: What is the first thing you want to eat post delivery (doesn't have to be realistic...just what are you craving the most as your first postpartum meal)? In an ideal world, my favorite GF pasta dish with eggplant and smoked mozzarella and/or a GF cinnamon roll. Or maybe a cheeseburger and sweet potato fries. Clearly I am hungry while typing this 🤣