February 2022 Moms
Options

All About that Name Thread

2»

Re: All About that Name Thread

• Options
    brittany_fbrittany_f member
    edited September 2021
    @lexilougolden lol that’s too funny! We originally thought R names, but changed our mind for that same reason. As far as family names go we had always planned to use Michael (husband’s name) as a middle name, but now that idea is scratched because I don’t want one kid to get it and the other have an inferiority complex. 😅 We also have Thomas & James (both our dad’s), but we both strongly dislike each others fathers so while not ruled out, it’s not ideal. MH knows nothing of his family so no names to pull from there, but after my mom sent over a list of our family names Arthur, Alexander and Andrew stuck out for the “A” theme. 

ETA: I wanted to also mention that our daughter has named them Babybel and Bottleby, so there’s always those. 😂
  • Options
    @photographerwife lol seriously! At this point we’ll be introducing them to the world as Baby A & Baby B. 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brittany_f The only boy name I would have wanted to use was Oliver but we have an Olivia so that wouldnt have worked for us, thankfully we are having another girl. But I hate coming up wit ha name and Im completely stumped. Maybe Cece, Jensen or Samantha. Those are the only girl names I dont hate right now lol 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brittany_f yup. We had a long list of girl names from my first pregnancy and none of them feel right anymore. Our top contender (Clara) was not even on our radar back then
  • Options
    @brittany_f Yep, same problem here! We no longer like our #2 or #3 name we had picked out for DS1. I’ve come up with a few other names, but none have really felt all the way right. DH suggested one yesterday (that I think he suggested and I shot down for DS1?) and now I’m convinced that’s our name. But I’m not sure if the middle name I had my heart set on works for it (it would be alliteration between first and second name).

boy names are so hard!!!!!!
  • Options
    @brittany_f we were set on names prepregnancy but now 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nolan was supposed to be my daughter’s name if she were a boy so my vote it that 😝

Nolan Austin sounds nice

when I hear Aurelia, I think of Love Actually and her love interest was Jaime (Colin firth) so Jaime could be a cute middle name! (It’s my husband’s favorite Christmas movie)
  • Options
    @angelz429 all so cute! I LOVE LOVE the name Mira and it was originally on our list. We only took it off because we live in a heavily Spanish-speaking neighborhood and thought it might be weird since it means "look" in Spanish and that's a pretty random name haha. 
  • Options
    @chgilmore love that! Dot is such a cute nickname! 
  • Options
    @chgilmore omg! Dot is so cute!
  • Options
    @modoodles He'll love it once the baby is born! I personally think the person carrying the child should have all naming rights since they're doing all the work
  • Options
    @modoodles I like Finn! At least you have several options!

I'm finding I like shortened names but not the whole name. Example: I like Theo but not Theodore. I like Jake but not Jacob. I suppose it is fine to do "Theo" but I'm afraid that he'll be asked all the time "As in, Theodore?" What do you you all think?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @modoodles I like those! We have Jonah on our list too, but liked the Jona spelling more! My friend with twins is making her babies forest and Finn and I think it’s very cute. I like Grady cole too! 

So far I like 
    Caius 
    Jona 
    Mh really likes Harrison, and I think it’s cute, but not sold. 
    Mace
    Jordon
    Miles
    I like Tobias, but dh says it’s a mouthful. 
    we have Rowan and wilder down too, but idk, it’s hard naming tiny humans.

We like unique names but not too crazy. 
  • Options
    @lexilougolden I think people might do that yeah but I saw that "Theo" is becoming a common name on its own and he can just answer "no, just as in Theo" and smile all cute and that'll be the end of that :) 
  • Options
    @modoodles Add me to Team Finn. 

@lexilougolden We had the opposite problem of people shortening DS1’s name, and they stopped when he was old enough to correct them. It was weird because people would argue “but it’s such a cute nickname” when I would correct them. It was not a cute nickname, and I dislike it so much still lol. 
  • Options
    @modoodles my boy name is set on Cole so I like that. My cat is Finnick and we call her Finn/Finny. But I do like the flow of Finn Alexander!

@lexilougolden I am 100% on the same page with you. Prefer Theo and Jake to their full names. Theo was on our list for Easton. 

@ch@chgilmore I was JUST thinking about how I like the name Dorothy and Dot/Dottie is so cute. 💜
  • Options
    Hi! New here so just joining this thread. Need help deciding between Nolan or Max. Our daughter’s name is Molly if that has any influence on your decision. :smile:
  • Options
    starkettestarkette member
    edited October 2021
    @julbug723 Molly and Nolan is such a cute pairing! That's my vote. 

• Options
    @angelz429 I love that name!

@julbug723 I like both names, and they both flow well with Molly. Good luck deciding!
  • Options
    @angelz429 love Peyton Lee! ❤ 

@julbug723 I like Molly and Nolan. Cute sibset.
  • Options
    @julbug723 I love both names and think both are adorable with Molly. My daughter would have been Nolan if she were a boy, so I love that name. I do like Max a lot though. Tough choice!
  • Options
    @angelz429 Aww! Cute name!
    @julbug723 I like both names! Max is probably slightly more my preference but I don't think you can go wrong as they both sound good with Molly!

• Options
    We're pretty set on Owen Paul because we haven't found anything we like better! Some runners up if he absolutely does not look like an Owen (though my mind can't conceive how a baby does not look like a certain name)Theo, Henry, or Matthew (all with middle name Paul after MH and Grandpa).
  • Options
    I was set on Clara Josephine but Clara Jade popped into my head the other day and I can't stop thinking about it. We literally never use my son's middle name so it's not like it really matters but I can’t decide!
  • Options
    @kaf1788 Jade is one of my favorite names, so I am partial to that.  Both sound lovely though!