April 2022 Moms

September Symptoms

Re: September Symptoms

• sacha0088sacha0088 member
    edited September 2021
    Today’s the third day of spotting, two days ago it started off with a pinkish spotting which turned brown yesterday. Had to use a pantyliner. Today it was red and more than just spotting…now I’m quite worried. I’m a FTM and was waiting for my first appointment with my OBGYN in late week 12 (a month from now), but I’m probably going to call tomorrow morning hoping to be seen earlier. Has anyone experience spotting or bleeding during their week 9 pregnancy?
  • @sacha0088 I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't have any personal experience, but just wanted to send you support from afar. As many on this board have mentioned, spotting can occur in normal pregnancies. Still, I think it's a good idea to be seen earlier if your OBGYN recommends it.
  • Loading the player...
  • @sacha0088 I'm so sorry your going through that. I'm also a FTM and I had light spotting right around 9 weeks but it only lasted one evening. It was about 24 hours after a transvaginal ultrasound so I'm blaming it on that. I've been told spotting is normal in pregnancy but it's a good idea to speak with your doctor. Sending you all of the positive vibes! :) 
  • I talk in my sleep constantly while pregnant. Sometimes I drive DH away. I’ve told him I’m not offended if he wants to sleep in the guest room 😆
  • @sacha0088 I had spotting in my pregnancy with my son, although I think it was around week 6. The cervix can be more easily irritated during pregnancy. However, I would still contact your provider and ask if you can get an earlier scan to ease your mind.
  • I dont know why my boobs JUST started getting sore on week 12! 
    I assumed they weren't sore earlier because I had just stopped breastfeeding my younger son. So, I was already fully "developed" I guess. But, they are sore now -- weird. 
    I had a burst of energy yesterday and organized my entire kid's playroom and cleaned the house. Thought, it was a sign 2nd tri energy was coming but today I hit an exhaustion wall again. Also, still throwing up :(
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • @loveanddatadriven @covegirl100 @zamoraspin2 thanks , I just came back from OBGYN - I had a miscarriage.
  • @sacha0088 Oh, no! My heart is broken for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself and I'm sending all of my support. <3
  • @sacha0088 I’m so sorry for your loss. Losing a baby to miscarriage is truly heartbreaking.
  • @sacha0088 I’m so sorry 💔
  • @sacha0088 Oh, I am so sorry for you 
  • @sacha0088 I'm so sorry. Sending you so much love and strength during this time. 
  • rbfleirbflei member
    edited September 2021
    @sacha0088 so sorry to hear that. Will be thinking of you.
  • kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
    edited September 2021
    All day long I have had progressive, painful throbbing in my lower left abdomen, like down and to the left of my uterus. At first I thought just round ligament pain but it’s not unending and even when I’m just sitting and laying down. Ughhhh. I’m starting to get a bit worried
  • @kiwi2628 google search sounds more reassuring that it's probably normal, but it's probably a good idea to call your ob/midwife to be safe

https://www.medicinenet.com/is_it_normal_to_have_left_side_pain_in_pregnancy/article.htm
  • @sacha0088 I’m so sorry. Thinking of you 
  • @sacha0088 I'm so sorry for your loss ❤️ sending you so much love. 
  • @sacha0088 so sorry to hear of your loss sending you extra love! ❤️
  • @sacha0088 I’m so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. 

• I'm already uncomfortable leaning over onto my legs. I was going to say it's early for this, but I guess it makes sense since the ute is still down below the pelvic bone, right (9 weeks 4 days)? Anyway it's annoying considering how often I lean over my knees while sitting in kid chairs to assist  with work, lol.
  • @SmashJam I find leaning over so unpleasant. It's not even... uncomfortable? I just feel like my stomach is already sitting on my lap... but I'm also 12+2 
  • @SmashJam I am so uncomfortable doing everything! I hope it helps once everything moves further out of the pelvic region. I already have that stretchy heaviness every time I go to get up. It’s no bueno. And I feel guilty when my older kiddos try to cuddle up to me on the couch and want me to accommodate them as they accidentally jab me in the lower abdomen. Like I love you but this hurts!!!
  • @SmashJam @doxiemoxie212 @hoosiermamajayden  YESSS by the evening the last two nights my stomach is just OUT and there’s nothing I can do. It’s so uncomfortable!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Is anyone feeling yuck still? I had one good day and got so excited, but have been back to feeling awful needing meds to cope ever since. I keep thinking (hoping) that 11 weeks will be a turning point (2 more days)!
  • @Ivorytower2 12+4, still can't stand dinner and feel awful after 4pm every single day...
  • @doxiemoxie212 crap. This is me exactly with the full-fledged evening sickness.
  • @Ivorytower2 yeah, everyone told me it would go away by 12 weeks, so it's a lot harder to deal with now that I've surpassed that milestone. It's kind of like how you know most FTMs go past their due date but it's still really hard to still be pregnant after yours passes. Like, I knew it could continue beyond 12 weeks, but it's just really hard to not feel demoralized when there's no other milestone end to look forward to....
  • @doxiemoxie212 @Ivorytower2 not to offer false hope but with my second when I had worse MS than the other two, it persisted past the first tri and did end up getting way better closer to 16/17 weeks. I think I felt fully normal at 20. I didn't have HG or any vomitting, just general nastyness, not being able to eat much, constant nausea. Maybe a light at the end of the tunnel?
  • @SmashJam I'll take it - better than thinking this might last until 40 weeks. I don't have any vomiting either, so it's definitely not HG, I can always drink fluids and eat at least a little bit of something, but man - it's rough. Did your taste/smell change during that time too? I think that's what's also driving me nuts - absolutely everything tastes different than it did before this pregnancy. Not always worse, just almost more like I'm tasting and smelling the entire world for the first time or something bc it's all different??? It affects my ability to predict if I can actually eat something or have it cooked in the house, etc. I'm really hoping that will subside before 40 weeks too.....
  • I'm almost 12 weeks and I feel like its just getting worse for me. I had a few good days and I thought things were getting better but I've felt on the verge of puking for days now and I threw up for the first time last night and I wasn't a fan of that. I definitely am feeling that fear of a milestone about to pass with no end in sight. I guess my new milestone will be 16 weeks and hope for the best.
  • @SmashJam thanks for the encouraging words ❤️ @doxiemoxie212 you are having a boy, right? I’ve always been sick with my girl pregnancies until 12ish weeks (not sure what this one is yet) but my sister just had a boy and she said she was sick until about 20 weeks, though neither of us have anything to compare it to. I am thinking of trying acupuncture for nausea though I’ve never tried it before. 
  • @Ivorytower2 yea, I literally wasn't sick for a second with my daughter. I go to acupuncture, and it helps a lot for my stress and anxiety and sleep, but does nothing for my nausea. It's worth trying, though. I really enjoy it. If you do find your nausea goes away while the needles are in, ask the acupuncturist to place some "seeds" - they're basically like tiny little balls that are attached to a little sticker that they stick on some of the spots they put needles in, and I find it makes the effects last longer (I do this if I'm having bad anxiety).
  • I was sick with DS5 until about 16 weeks. After that I was pretty well back to normal. This time around has been less severe, but already improving more than I had before at this same point. 
  • What is everyone doing about headaches? I was taking acetaminophen but now there’s been new research that it may not be safe to take. 
  • zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited September 2021
    @winterviolethope That development is interesting because Tylenol has long been considered one of the very few class A (ie a lot of data it’s safe) drugs during pregnancy. I can say I took Tylenol during my pregnancy with DS2 and he seems to be a typical kiddo. One study has linked it to a increase in ADHD, probably too soon to know that, although I think the incidence was 2.5% without Tylenol, 3.5% with. I don’t know much about the newer info that’s coming out everything I read is just “be afraid” which makes me wary eta that it could be an attempt to steer clicks and the data may not be that compelling. 

I’ve been getting bad headaches this week and have taken Tylenol couple times. It’s possible mine is allergy related even though I’m already taking allergy medicine. Something that helps me is to take a shower with some kind of aromatherapy aspect (like spraying a little eucalyptus in the shower) but it’s not a total fix. Definitely hoping people have good suggestions, I don’t remember having a lot of headaches when previously pregnant.
  • I'm having headachs this pregnancy too. I made an appointment with the optimist. 
  • +1 for the headaches.  I don't remember that with my first.  But this pregnancy has been totally different from that one overall anyway.  Thankfully, they haven't been bad enough that I feel like I need to take anything, but enough to where I don't want to DO anything.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @winterviolethope the OBs I've spoken to about this say the research methodology is flawed and to ignore it