April 2022 Moms
Options

September Symptoms

124»

Re: September Symptoms

• Options
    @Ivorytower2 I still feel yuck every day, but I started getting a lot better around 11+5. It was definitely not a steady improvement, lots of ups and downs, so I’m hopeful you’re at the beginning of your road to improvement, too. I’m at 12+3 now, and have only vomited once in the past 4 days. My weight loss seems to have finally stopped. I don’t feel driven to eat yet, but powerful aversions have finally relented. My energy is way up compared to a week ago as well.

I’m reading everyone’s cravings from a few weeks ago for inspiration. Bagels with cream cheese are doable! Not quite there with vegetable soups, but maybe in a week or so. 

@winterviolethope I read that many common pregnancy effects can cause headaches (insomnia, dehydration, stress, congestion). One option is to try to address the cause if possible. I’m typically suspicious when a single study or two tries to debunk an entire body of consistent literature, but I haven’t personally looked into the study you’re referring to about Tylenol. I would definitely take Tylenol if I had a headache. A touch of caffeine in the morning might help, too, if you can tolerate it.
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven thank you so much for the encouragement! I know you have been really, really sick, so hearing that you are feeling a little better is the best motivation. And I’m so glad you are finally feeling good enough to eat some things so you can stop losing weight!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A few weeks ago when I read someone say they couldn't stand the smell of their husband I laughed but now I understand :neutral: Everytime my husband eats onion in particular there is this smell that just....wafts from him. I am so sensitive to it that I struggle to even walk past the room he is in. So ready for this nausea to stop. Evenings are the worst at the moment.
  • Options
    @constantinabee yes!! I was probably one of the ones who said that. I think for me it’s a combo of my husbands hairspray and it’s def worse when he drinks beer or whiskey (either that day or the day after). It’s so awful. 
  • Options
    My husband exclusively wfh (and constantly so he doesn't leave the house much), and he showers like 5x/day, but he thinks because he does that he doesn't need to use soap or deodorant unless he's working/worked out. And he does usually smell completely fine, but the TOWELS! The towels in the bathroom do not. They smell like BO so much. 
  • Options
    I experienced what I think is a cluster headache for the first time. I had a really painful headache behind my right eye throughout the evening yesterday, and went to bed early thinking it was a migraine. When I woke up this morning, my upper eyelid was swollen up and red, like I’d been punched! Dr. Google tells me it’s a cluster headache 🤷🏼‍♀️ FX it doesn’t reoccur!
  • Options
    @monstera13 I hope you don’t get any more of those headaches!

Add pregnancy waddle to the list. Uterus is not that big but it’s wedged down into my pelvis.
  • Options
    @SmashJam That sucks been there it all just gets overwhelming and one small thing pushes you over the edge. Hope you feel better and get smoothie ingredients soon!
  • Options
    @SmashJam running out of smoothies ingredients is a serious crisis in my house too. I could definitely see myself crying over that! Hugs!
  • Options
    @SmashJam I cried because DH brought home yellow squash instead of zucchini like I asked. Right there with you for the food crises.
  • Options
    Been having horrible headaches like all the time - was throwing up Thursday night because of how bad my head was throbbing - also over my right eye. 
    I’m 14 weeks now so I’m hoping relief comes any day now lol
    Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • Options
    @winterviolethope I just posted a question about headaches in the big question thread. I'm sorry you're so sick! I started getting headaches last week (at 12 weeks) and they are lasting 24-36hrs and have me in bed 24/7. How long are yours lasting? Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @Blondesweety444 Let’s start it this week! I was just thinking about it as well! I definitely noticed mine more this weekend too, and I finally think it’s starting to look like a baby instead of just bloat 😂
  • Options
    @Blondesweety444 +1 to this week! I’ve popped for sure (STM, EDD 4/6), and the bump is around 24/7!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I started taking “bump” pictures at 5 weeks lol there’s nothing there but I did it with DD6 just to show what kinds of things we did that week (hikes, beach trips, etc). 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I think that's a cute idea! I didn't take any early "bump" pictures this time because it took almost half the pregnancy last time before I had a noticeable bump. Plus second kid problems haha. But I'd love to see people's comparisons if they want to share! 
  • Options
    @winterviolethope I would check your blood pressure regularly if you are getting a lot of headaches, it can be a sign of pre-eclampsia.  Also, tell your OB because there are safe prescription meds that can actually help with headaches. I get migraines with and without being pregnant so I got meds last time I was pregnant and it made a world of difference. 
  • Options
    Blood pressure is always low-normal. Just went to doctor and it was 98/60. I think headaches at this stage are common- I’ve had them for all of my pregnancies :(

Me: 36 DH: 36
    Married: October 2011
    DS: January 2016
    DS: May 2019
    #3: April 2022
  • Options
    I'm already having so much SI joint/SPD pain. It's so incapacitating. I know I need to do more strengthening exercises to try to get on top of it, but I'm still so nauseous with so many food aversions that I'm struggling to get enough protein to make any of it remotely worthwhile. And I'm still tired a lot. Ughghghghgh this is going to be a long 26 weeks. 
  • Options
    My doctor told me to try magnesium both for the constipation and the headaches.  Going to try that!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @monstera13 and other STM+ I might try to dig up my bump pictures at the same stage from my first pregnancy for comparison 🙈🤣 Do you have any of those? I also don’t have any early bump pictures from this pregnancy.
  • Options
    @loveanddatadriven I do have those!! I’ll do that comparison instead!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 ugh. hang in there! Even if you aren’t packing on muscle, strength training will prime your nervous system to make the best use of the muscle you’ve got already. I say all this with full knowledge that I won’t even open the Fit Mom Friday thread, let alone actually exercise due to nausea/exhaustion, sooo there’s that.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I’ve struggled with SI joint dysfunction for over a year now due to my scoliosis, but *knock on wood* it’s been manageable so far during this pregnancy. I do my exercises just laying in bed every morning/night because I would never be motivated to do it consistently otherwise. Simple glute squeezes surprisingly make a huge difference and often will “pop” or adjust it back into place for me. Other extremely helpful exercises given by my chiropractor that I do just laying in bed include side lying leg lifts, pillow squeezes with the pillow between my thighs, and rolling bridges/pelvic tilts while squeezing a ball or pillow between my legs. Pretty much anything that strengthens your hip abductors/adductors is extremely helpful.

If you’re having acute or sharp pain, it may be worth it to invest in an SI belt. It fits very tight around your hips but holds everything into place, and feels great combined with ice over the SI joint. It literally saved me during some intense bouts of pain! Good luck, I know how truly debilitating that pain can be!
  • Options
    @minnie_yoga_mama I have borderline EDS-level hypermobility exacerbated by pregnancy so it's a little more involved. I was bedridden the entire 3rd trimester of DD3's pregnancy. I've seen pelvic floor physical therapists, osteopaths, I take pilates, it's just insane. My hips went from 36 inches before DD's pregnancy to 47 inches purely in bone structure alone because they over-widened so much. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Wow that’s crazy! Sounds like you just have to do what you can and know you’re doing your best. Hang in there!!
  • Options
    I should add that they did eventually shrink back down, but it took 6 months pp, and I still have to click everything back together about 10x/day even before I got pregnant again. Fun times lol