February 2022 Moms

Re: September Symptoms

• Now that I'm throwing up less, all I want to do is EAT.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don’t know if my exhaustion is post covid or pregnancy related at this point 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @lexilougolden haha same! I got out of bed last night to get up and eat Oreos and milk before laying back down. 😂 I’m ashamed 

@chgilmore oh no! That’s terrible! At least you had more than your hands to catch it with? 🤷🏼‍♀️😂 but that is sad.
  • @photographerwife there is NO SHAME in oreos and milk :) I am also glad about the bowl and the good news is that I was almost done anyway so no crying over spilled milk I guess?
  • This hip joint/pelvic pain was not what I was expecting today :(
  • I’ve been MIA this last week—sorry! Workshop week before school, and then we were out of town this weekend. Yesterday morning I was supposed to do brunch with my family. Normally I eat at 630 or 7, but luckily my exhausted toddler slept in til 9 for the first time ever, and I wasn’t hungry, so it was about 11 before we were at brunch. I was standing in line to get an omelet and all of a sudden felt like I was about to pass out. Managed to walk back to my table, and by the time I got there I was REALLY not feeling good. Losing vision, couldn’t hear well, started sweating and thought I might throw up. Luckily my mom and husband both helped out—I’m guessing that my blood sugar crashed hard and because I hadn’t eaten it just really hit me. Plus a panic attack on top of it because I was having trouble breathing and was extra worried being pregnant. Took 20-30 minutes and I have felt fine since, thank gosh!

Ive come close to passing out before (just once, when I was in the front of the pit at a concert), but I recovered much quicker. This time really scared me.
  • @ninrms I hope you’re feeling better! I had that happen once when I was pregnant with DS1. I didn’t eat until later at the office vs earlier in the morning. I ended up calling the doctor from my office floor with similar symptoms that you described. He told me that even though I ate later, baby took all the good stuff, and to make sure I eat at my normal time. It was really scary at the time though! DH ended up picking me up and taking me home for the rest of the day. 
  • @ninrms glad you didn’t pass out and that you had family around! I have a very similar thing happen the other night cooking dinner. I had waited to eat because we were getting ready to cook, and I turned around and took a step and it was like the ground moved from under me. I didn’t fall or anything but was suddenly very light headed and needed to sit down for a while. A quick google search said that vertigo caused by low blood sugar was very common towards the middle half of the second trimester more than other times during pregnancy. It freaked me out, I’m sure it did you too! 
  • Pregnancy dreams have hit hard here this weekend. I’ve dreamed about the most random and weirdest stuff. 

Also, my hips are trying to kill me. I thought it was because I needed new walking shoes, but I’ve had a new pair for a few weeks now, and my hip pain is getting worse. Maybe I’m walking too much? I’ve been trying to walk 4-6 miles every day to stay active. 
  • @makingbacon - dreams here too. The last two weeks. I’d love to get a solid sleep with no dreams. I don’t remember this last time.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @makingbacon Have you tried a support belt? I have a few friends who had very painful pregnancies and that was a big help.
  • Knee pain just sprang up on me! It could be from a 7 mile hike and then a 5 mile hike the next day. Normally that wouldn't phase me so I'm thinking all your joints must be susceptible to pain/soreness when pregnant?
  • @lexilougolden - all your joints can be like that due to the extra release of relaxin hormone from your ovaries & placenta during pregnancy. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @JWatt5 good to know! My pregnant friend was just asking me about that! She said her ankles hurt, but I didn’t know if relaxin would cause that or not! 
  • @photographerwife - it’ll defiantly contribute to it. Plus around this time our centers are all thrown off inside.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @JWatt5 definitely been noticing that! it takes conscious effort to stack up my spine so my lower back isn't so far backwards lol
  • Hey everyone! 

I have a lot to catch up on here, and I’ll do that when I have time tomorrow. 

I either caught a 24h bug or got food poisoning 😩

I haven’t been able to keep anything down (only tried liquids), have a massive migraine, my stomach just twists violently and then uncontrollably wretch 😩😩😩

I’ve essentially been in bed all day with a bucket next to me. 

I’ve only thrown up on myself once😶

So I’m in bed. Coordinated my husband to take my daughter to swim and got my son’s guitar lesson moved to Zoom. 

I haven’t taken any of my meds today, but maybe I can try later….

sorry y’all are starting to have pelvic pain/joint paint and @ninrms sorry you almost passed out. Glad you’ve completely recovered! Passing out is scary. The only times I’ve ever done it: after birthing my son and losing a lot of blood, and when I got overheated in the OR when I was on my surgery rotation in medical school. That was embarrassing 😳 
  • edited September 2021
    Hey mommas I’m having some slight pain/ aches on the left side of my stomach (front). I have had an achy back, achy feeling under my stomach/ pelvis all weekend, and had stretch marks “pop” in the exact place this weekend.
    DH is a little nervous but I will say we have been cleaning the house this weekend, also had sex twice, and I laid around all weekend (minus the house cleaning) then went back to work to day after the long weekend.
    Does this sound normal? I can’t reach the Doctor until the tmrw so just looking for options/ support as this is the furthest we’ve ever made it (19wks tmrw).
  • @angelz429 oh no! what terrible timing for a stomach bug! I'm sorry you're going through it, it sounds awful. rest up and take it easy, hope your recovery comes soon <3
    @2022_ivf_momma I've heard braxton-hicks can start around this time (according to one of the pregnancy tracking apps, don't remember which one) so maybe that's part of it. unpleasant I'm sure but possibly "normal". definitely confirm/check in with the dr! 
  • edited September 2021
    Update: I do feel better today and have not have any further pain. I did take it easy today just work and home. Thanks ladies

@chgilmore Aww thanks. The pain only happened once so hoping that is all. I’ve only felt aches before that so I hope it remains just uncomfortable. I can deal with that. Also, thinking about it I walked around a lot today do so I’ll just stay positive and call the dr tmrw. Thank you
  • @2022_ivf_momma - being IVF do you have Endometriosis? 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @JWatt5 Nope, I don’t have endometriosis. I did have a crazy survey years before ttc and had endo like pain for about 9mns after so I know what that pain feels like unfortunately. Fortunately, the doctors have never said I have scar tissue. 

I have not felt any further pain so hopefully everything’s okay. ☺️
  • @chgilmore how sweet! I’m definitely feeling baby move more now too. Harder kicks instead of flutters. I think we were able to feel ds around 25 weeks from the outside! 
  • I have started to feel baby flutters. But it’s by no means regular. By this time with my loss, my little ones could feel the baby moving. 
  • @angelz429 do you have an anterior placenta? I do, and I very rarely feel him move. Usually it’s in the evenings when I’m laying down, but it isn’t all throughout the day, and I can’t really ever feel him when I’m standing. I may have once? 
  • @photographerwife how do you know if you have an anterior placenta? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The migraines are frequent and very unpleasant; currently lying down in a blacked out bedroom with an icepack and my computer on the lowest possible brightness. They are also now coinciding with intense sobbing/mood swings. Oy vey. I thought the second trimester was supposed to be the fun one. 
  • @livingoffpbjs I only just found out my placenta is anterior at my 20 week anatomy scan. Perhaps you can find out earlier at another US?

@chgilmore So sorry about the migraines. I normally get a monthly (probably due to hormones and tension) migraine that takes me out for 24 hours. I've only had one this pregnancy, so I'm grateful. Hope you get relief soon!

afm: my back pain is rough. I just did some yoga which really helped. Probably need to be more regular about yoga and stretching to help my body out!
  • @livingoffpbjs I had an ultrasound a while back and they told me! 
  • @chgilmore - that’s rough! I’ve been getting some brutal headaches, a few migraines. I did have this last pregnancy and found they went away when the 3rd tri started. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• The heartburn has officially set in 😭 this was by far the worst part of my pregnancy the first time around but I don’t remember it starting until third trimester. Not happy it decided to come early this time!
  • @kaf1788 Ugh I'm so sorry! I've been having slight heartburn too. I didn't get it til third trimester last time either, and it was so bad, that was the closest I got to puking the whole pregnancy. I hope it doesn't get that bad again.
  • @kaf1788 sorry to hear about the heartburn! I had it bad my first two pregnancies but not until the 3rd trimester, so far it's holding off but it's such a crappy symptom to deal with.

AFM: Round ligament pain has shown up in full force this week. Doing my rounds at work in the morning (a lot of walking between trucks in the yard is involved) is becoming more of a chore than what I'm used to. I joke that I'm already waddling and not even halfway there.

• @angelob88 I feel like I walk different too already. I'm not sure if I have round ligament pain or what that feels like exactly. I just feel like all of me is achy! haha. What do you do for round ligament pain?
  • @lexilougolden I think of round ligament pain as the sharp “pulled muscle” feelings you get if you move suddenly (even rolling over in bed), laugh, cough, etc. It’s def been worse for me this pregnancy compared to last. I also consider that like dull stretchy feeling in my abdomen to be RLP too.
  • @lexilougolden biggest thing that has helped so far is stretching in the evening before bed. I get sharp pulled muscle feeling as well but a lot of mine lately has been the uncomfortable over-stretched feeling. It has gotten worse with each of my pregnancies and starts earlier as well go figure.