April 2022 Moms

***Read this first***

Welcome to the April 2022 BMB! (I used this template from March 2022 BMB with a few tweaks) If you're new to TB, we're excited to have you! Below you will find information on how the flow of BMBs work, guidelines and helpful links. 
Some links that you may find helpful:
How-To Guides:
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already.
-How to tag: Add a "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to.
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update.
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (third from the left, next to bold and italicize) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads:

DO: 
-Introduce yourself in the "Introductions!" thread 
-Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below: 
-Post your own thread if you have a confirmed loss (please use a TW)
-Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc)
-Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well

DON'T:
-Start a thread asking about symptoms; please post this in the current weekly "symptoms thread" - this is helpful because it keeps the board from getting cluttered and makes it so we can all see the whole discussion in one thread, rather than having one thread about MS, one about food cravings, another about vivid dreams, etc.
-Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU
-Start a thread asking for relationship advice; a professional is better suited for this task
-Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU
-Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC
-Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board

Weekly threads suggestions! Feel free to add any others you think would be helpful/fun. 

MONDAY
-Monday Bitch Fest 
-Weekly (or monthly) symptoms thread 

TUESDAY
-GTKY ("Get to know you" posted with a thought-provoking question) 
-High Risk Check-in

WEDNESDAY
-Hump day/bump day 
-PAIF check in 
-Weekly randoms 
-WTF Wednesday

THURSDAY
-PGAL check in
-Unpopular opinion UO
-Thankful Thursdays 

FRIDAY
-Flame Free Confessions 
-TTGP Grad check in 

MONTHLY
-What my pregnant self is eating/crying?               
-AMA mama check in 
-Ask a STM+

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements, and birth announcements.

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs! For example, some boards do weekly ticker changes while others do weekly due date check-ins (ex, DD 1st week of March.). 

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion.

Let's have a great BMB ladies!

Re: ***Read this first***

• How do others feel about doing weekly ticker changes vs the weekly due date check ins? Just thinking since there aren’t many on the board yet that it might help everyone get to know each other, but not sure if that would get crazy quickly! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @fameonmain2 What if we just did one weekly check in for everyone for a few more weeks until more mommas join the board? I agree I’d love to get to know everyone more! 
  • @monstera13 that’s what I was trying to suggest but I probably used the wrong lingo, haha
  • @fameonmain2 Oh haha, sorry for misunderstanding! My old BMB called “ticker changes” when each day of the week (i.e. Wednesday due dates) checked in on separate threads. I could be wrong though! 
  • @monstera13 oh! Now I get what that means haha
  • Like 3+ years ago people would do ticker changes but some BMBs were getting some anxiety about moms in the front half of the month being so far ahead of moms in the back half (if I remember correctly). I think it was actually my bmb that switched to due date by week check-ins? Maybe it was a few months before us. Anyway, that's the origin. I don't really think it matters. I feel like this bmb is really slow so far, we're not at high risk of having a super cluttered board with too many threads to keep track of, so I think if anyone wants to start a new thread no one is going to think it's weird. There's also not a lot to report until people start getting closer to the 8 week mark for ultrasounds so we could just do more GTKY threads until then. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Oh okay, I guess the changed happened a little after my last BMB then. Sorry for the confusion! I started a check-in for the week, hope thats okay :) 
  • Thoughts on a weekly product spotlight thread? It was one of my favorites on my last BMB. I don't mind getting it started every week. 

If there is interest which day would work best?

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai as a FTM I know I would appreciate it! I don’t have a preference for day 😊
  • We used to do STM+ check ins, FTM check ins, etc. Anyone else interested in those? 
  • I don’t want to go posting a one-off thread, but I’m wondering if there is any interest in a discussion of when to tell others (family, friends, work) and how? I know we’re all quite early, but it’s already on my mind…
  • @maggiemadeit I would like that thread! I have a surprising amount of questions I would like feedback for but I also didn't want to start it myself because it's so early.
  • @maggiemadeit I basically want the STM+ thread so I can hear how others told/are telling their kids.
  • I went back and looked at my old BMB (June 2018) because it felt like we had wayyy more topics (which we just copy/pasted mostly from other BMBs before us), and yes! So many more! I know this one is just copy pasted too, I'm just curious when it changed - does anyone know? Like why'd so many get deleted?

This is what it was before:
    MONDAY
    • Weekly Appointments 
    • Weekly Randoms 
    • Meal Plan Monday 
    • Monday Bitchfest 
    • Product Spotlight: __________ (e.g., strollers, car seats, etc.)
    TUESDAY
    • Twatwaffle (TW) Tuesday 
    • First Time Mom Check-In 
    • GTKY 
    • High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 
    • Moms of Multiples Check-In 
    WEDNESDAY
    • WTF Wednesday
    • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
    • PGAL Check-In 
    • Second Time Mom+ Check-In 
    • Plus-size Mom Check-In
    THURSDAY
    • Due Date Weekly Check-in (separate thread for all 4 weeks) 
    • Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 
    • TTGP Grad Check-In 
    • What My Pregnant Self is Eating 
    • Pregnant after IF 
    FRIDAY
    • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC) 
    • Why My SO is a ... 
    • Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 
    • Fit Mom Friday 
    • Canadian check-in
    SATURDAY
    • Why my SO is Awesome
    • Weekend Randoms 
    • Small Business Saturday 
    SUNDAY
    • Weekly Ticker Change Gif Celebration
    • Healthy Habits Check-In 
    • Weekly Questions 
    • AMA Check in
    • HG Check in
    • Symptoms Thread 
  • @queenklau Yes please! I love ultrasound threads!
  • @doxiemoxie212 we didn't have all of those in my May 2019 group but I would love a fit mom Friday thread! I need some accountability. 
  • I have just been posting threads that either I want to see or I feel like would work on our board, but I think anyone should start whatever thread they want!

I would also love the product spotlight threads, but as a ftm I don’t necessarily think I’m the best person to the pick the products or start those!
  • miss_lynn9miss_lynn9 member
    edited August 2021
    @fameonmain2 the product Spotlight ones were so helpful when I was on TB for my first pregnancy. I'll see if I can find the excel that was used for it! 

Edit*** I found it, I will work on putting a schedule together today! 
  • Here's a product spotlight list we followed in my May 2020 group. I changed the dates and added the links for the boards that have already started.  Hopefully you are all able to view it. If there are products that you want to discuss prior to the date I have go for it! If you don't want to start it, send me a DM and I will. There were products that I was anxious to discuss prior to the date last time so I know how stressful it can be as a FTM. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nr25eot6R97RB9R1Qz5EQBhp4EqSZ60laMada9sDhIc/edit?usp=sharing
  • @miss_lynn9, I didn’t realize you were a May2020 BmB mom! Hi!!!!!
    Are you in the Facebook group now? I try my best at joining in often but not as much as I would like.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @queenklau hey!!! I didn't realize you were in the may 2020 group either! I'm not in the FB group. I don't really used FB so I was removed because I didn't post often enough unfortunately. 
  • @miss_lynn9, happy to catch up here!!!
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• What day of the week are we starting the product spotlight threads? Would love to do skincare next if you all are ok with that? I'd start it myself but don't want to screw anything up 😁
  • AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited September 2021
    @jennykatedvm we've been doing them on Thursday, but I would say that a skincare thread could be started any day as a kind of random. If you're not comfortable doing that, then I will gladly do it Thursday as this week's product spotlight. just let me know.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Do we want a Covid thread? I don't want to create a political nightmare, but I know that it's a worry for a lot of pregnant people, so it might be good to have a place to vent, ask advice, etc. without derailing a randoms/check in thread 
  • @doxiemoxie212 100% agree! But sadly I felt like I still had to put that caveat in 
  • @doula-mama yeah but anyone who makes a health crisis political can very kindly see themselves out as far as I'm concerned  :p 
  • Hahaha I like you 
  • Thanks for that