March 2022 Moms
Options

1st Tri Recipes, Eats and Cravings

2»

Re: 1st Tri Recipes, Eats and Cravings

• Options
    PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited August 2021
    @jenis_fan_for_life Thank you! I totally forgot about Gatorade! I'm going to send SO out for some tomorrow! I have a straw and ice cold is better than room temp right now. Sadly gingerale is one of my aversions but I'm looking forward to the Gatorade!!!!

ETA SO went tonight for the Gatorade and it is AMAZING!!! This is the first time in days I've been able to drink more than a mouthful of liquid at a time and not have it come immediately back up! THANK YOU!!!!
  • Options
    nursejenn5nursejenn5 member
    edited August 2021
    Last pregnancy major aversions to veggies (Cooked or raw) probably becasue I don’t like veggies very much in general. But so far my salads are making me gag. I was hoping this pregnancy could be healthy 😂 I’m nauseous if I get too hungry. But not much sounds good to eat. So. At work today I ate a decent amount of string cheese and saltines
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Right now, crackers and rice are my staples.  Getting pretty tired of them but nothing else seems to ease the nausea.  This is week four of feeling like this and it doesn’t seem to be going away.  I feel like I have to eat small meals every two hours or I feel nauseous.  I’ve only thrown up a few times and each time it’s been a liquid (usually water!).  I tried orange juice pops which didn’t go well.  
    @Panaceia Glad to know I’m not alone in feeling like this.  
    jenis_fan_for_life I’m definitely going to have to try the Gatorade.  Sounds like that might work.  Thanks for the tip! I’m all ears if you have any more tips for food.  
  • Options
    @Vgreen90 same for me!! Every word you typed is exactly the same. Can’t wait to eat like a pig again. 
  • Options
    My new favorite cravings are muesli, and then bagel chips with cream cheese (or english muffins with cream cheese). I can't get enough of either of those things. Thank goodness the muesli is somewhat healthy to offset the saturated fat in that cream cheese lol. 
  • Options
    This is my new favorite thing. The watermelon flavor is perfection. I'm in love.
  • Options
    @smoresdoeuvres I love Popsicles right now! Do these have chunks of fruit in them? Or are they smooth like regular popsicles?
  • Options
    @luckyduck42 The watermelon does not, which I like! I also have strawberry, which is also good, but does have a few chunks here and there. 
  • Options
    @smoresdoeuvres I LOVED the pinapple ones my last pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @catherine1024 I hope the Gatorade works for you too! My tips for food are eat whatever sounds appealing to you in that moment! I find it very helpful to have a snack within reach at all times and to nibble on something even as often as every 5-10 minutes when the nausea is really persistent and strong. This week my favorites have been pasta with butter and cheese, toast with cream cheese, sour cream and onion chips, and rice cakes. It also helps me if I don’t have to make the food - sometimes the process of making it gives me an aversion before I can even eat it 🤦‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @jenis_fan_for_life Gatorade has really been a go to for me as well, especially the white one.

Last pregnancy I lived on Chimes ginger chews, but I can’t stand them now.

This time it’s sour keys and jolly ranchers.  I wish Altoids Sours still existed as well! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @smoresdoeuvres I loooove outshine bars. I lived on the mango ones my first pregnancy. I'm loving watermelon so I'll have to check those out. I have to fight my 2yo for the strawberry ones! 
  • Options
    @Jeenyus it’s been so long since I’ve heard a mention of altoid sours. Those were my jam!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    My lunch the last three days has been cottage cheese, bread and butter pickles, and cheezits. I feel like a pregnancy cliche but GIVE ME ALL THE PICKLES. 
  • Options
    anyone have any good tasty recipes for veggies? To trick my body into not realizing that I’m not eating them 🥴 I’m generally not gung-ho on veggies anyways. But add in major aversions. But I’m sure I fee even more crummy because I need something more healthy in my life (just haven’t been able to stomach much😢)
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 I think the trick is sometimes making the veggies forgettable. So blending frozen spinach into pasta sauce, adding a can of butternut squash to a chili recipe, mixing peppers and onions in with shredded chicken for a quesadilla, etc. Start with recipes that aren’t veggie-focused that sound good and then think about ways to add in some veggie components. I always have  cauliflower rice in the freezer and whenever we make rice dishes I’ll add a bag of cauli rice to the regular rice. Works well for stir fry or any rice dish or side.