October 2021 Moms
Options

July Appointments

13»

Re: July Appointments

• Options
    Yay, @gingermama46!

@galentine I'm just still annoyed about what I learned about the 1-hr test. Just because it's a "screening" doesn't excuse subjecting millions of women to unpleasant, costly, and inconvenient testing with the predictive value of hot garbage. So sorry, not sorry about the level of involvement I've had in this discussion! 😅
  • Options
    kandb4kandb4 member
    Took my 3 hr test but did it at the ob office and they take FOREVER with posting results, so won't know until next week if I passed or not. But, at my appt my OB told me pass or fail she's still going to do growth US at 32 &36 weeks since my last baby was big and because my potential for GD. 

While I like the idea of seeing my little nugget, I'm kind of annoyed. I'm gaining weight appropriately and measuring on track (belly wise). I get that maybe it's standard protocol here but I feel like it's angling towards further involvement later on (like induction, C-section, etc). Like, I birthed a 10lber without meds last time....let's chill a bit 😅. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kandb4kandb4 member
    @cait32 that's what I'm thinking. At least cancel the 32 one. I kinda get checking her close to my due date but what difference will it make at 32 weeks?!?! Still going to let her cook longer so, let it be. I wasn't expecting her to say that at the appt so it kind of caught me off guard and I just let it be scheduled, but the more I think about it, the more annoyed I get 😂
  • Options
    @kandb4 I've also got a growth scan at 32 weeks also (nobody has said anything about 36 yet) but I'm anxious, so I'm looking forward to seeing him again. But yeah, I get understand the feeling like they're fishing for a reason to intervene.
  • Options
    kandb4kandb4 member
    @cait32 ugh that sounds so frustrating! Agreed, happy for the advancements in medicine just don't want it to equal unnecessary interventions for us
  • Options
    Add me to the 32 week growth scan club. 

Except I want it because the size of the baby could totally shift my delivery date and I'm already having a csection. . I've heard its harder to do accurate growth scans as they get bigger so maybe thats why they do it at 32 weeks?
  • Options
    I'm scheduled for a 32 week growth scan as well. When I went to my 20 weeks the tech couldn't get baby girl to turn to her back so they couldn't see her spine. I thought for sure we would have to go back for a second scan. The doctor said her brain is all developed but they still scheduled me for a 32 week scan. Her head was also measuring a week behind but both my husband and I are short people so the doctor said that would make sense of why her head is small. My husband doesn't like that the tech said her best guess answer is that it was a girl. He is hoping she's not wrong. I can't wait to see her again. I want to see if she is favoring my husband or I.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I have a 32w "growth scan," she just said we would check that week if he was head down. If he was, he wasn't likely to move, and if not, then we should schedule my RCS to get it on the calendar. I'm seeing a different doc for my 31.5w appt so I'm not too pleased about that! 
  • Options
    I, too, have a 32 week growth scan because of my placenta complications. I’m at a higher risk for IUGR because of what’s going on with my placenta. But honestly, I’m excited for it because I had so many ultrasounds with my daughter and I really loved being able to see her so frequently. 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers