Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing and Treatment w/o 7.26

Re: IF Testing and Treatment w/o 7.26

• @mokay19 have you ever tried the steel ice cubes? They work really well!

@acleverusername Im sure it’s so stressful deciding to cancel or not hopefully the RE has good news at the next appointment 
  • @acleverusername but apart from the lupron guide (thanks, btw, now I am worried that I am going to murder my students while i'm on this stuff!), i wanted to reply to the rest of your update. I hope your gut stuff is feeling better.  so much sympathy on trying to manage it in combo with the discomfort of stims. I'm sure it's so much worse while also bleeding. you're not wrong to try to get ahead of the late-stims constipation though. it got me in spite of my best efforts and it was really... unpleasant and took a long time to remedy. I think i would have been in serious trouble if i'd continued with the PIO for a fresh transfer. Forgive my asking a dumb question because I know we've talked about it before but remind me the reason you're doing a mid-luteal start over a standard day 3 start antagonist protocol? it's to avoid uneven follicle development, yes? I am sorry that TEW's question is unsettling. I'm sure in your shoes I'd be struggling with the same questions you are about how best to move forward right now. I can't help but think about my convo with my RE when I asked if he wanted to cut my doses considering how fast I was stimming, and he was adamant that it is better to just ride the established dose up to trigger rather than risk stalling out. I guess I'm beginning to learn how different protocols can be across clinics. I know you're thinking about it and I'd really hate for you to have to cancel a second cycle (although I'd understand if you did). I am crossing my fingers that your follicles show some good growth in your next u/s, and that your worries prove to be unfounded. maybe getting on the other side of the start of your cycle will be a help.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Loading the player...
  • mokay19mokay19 member
    edited July 2021
    @acleverusername I am open to supplements! I’m just not well-versed in things for lining since it hadn’t been an issue before. But it’s seemingly happening more lately. 

@daisy0322 ooh I have not tried steel... I’m intrigued though! 

@inthewoods23 how are you guys from the storms last night?  EDIT: just saw the weekly Randoms so disregard the question here 😂
  • @mokay19 have you talked about your doctor about switching to Letrazole? Clomid is known for thinning lining (it happened to me after 3 cycles... went from 8.13mm to 4.11mm... and these weren't consecutive cycles even!) Once again, I'm not the best person to comment on lining as it relates to FET, but here's a couple of links:

https://eastbayfertilityacupuncture.com/treating-thin-uterine-lining/
    https://us.fullscript.com/u/protocols/VHJlYXRtZW50UGxhblRlbXBsYXRlLTkwNDU1

@optimistgardener re mid-luteal phase start, essentially starting in luteal phase is like "natural priming" because progesterone rise post ovulation, suppresses endogenous FSH release. So, then you're hoping that no FSH release, won't affect any of the antral follicles, so when you hit them with exogenous FSH, they'll all grow in sync. Obvi that didn't work for me. 

My update. Had my u/s this morning, and

yep, we're only looking at 6 mature follicles at retrieval (out of 12). So, I guess even when you don't have DOR, you can get single digit eggs. There is 1 other follicles that's 3mm ahead of others, and will be over-mature by egg retrieval (I have another 2-3 days of stims left). And there are 2 others, at 9mm, that are unlikely to reach maturity given that we're cutting my doses even further today (down to 75IU of Menopur). 

I'm bummed. TEW and I went back and forth last night about what to do, and she is feeling like I should cancel. Her words to me "the growth of follicles is telling me: may not be the best cycle." I gamed it out with my RE, and basically, if we get 6 mature eggs, he's expecting 80-85 fert rate, so 5 that fertilize. Of those, he says at my age, 40-45% are likely to make it to Day 5, so 2 Day 5. And of those, at my age, he's expecting 40-45% to be aneuploid. So, statically, I'm looking at having 1 genetically normal embryo. We could get lucky/unlucky and end up with 2 or 0. 🤷‍♀️

Anyways, given that I have only 1 egg retrieval left that's covered by insurance (2, if I do an oocyte freeze cycle, followed by an Egg Retrieval + Fert + Testing; but then I'd have to pay for transfers OOP), it's very tempting NOT to cancel. But I think I will go through with it and hope that all of the 300 supplements that I've been taking will have benefited in term of egg quality. But, I'm basically prepared for this cycle to be a total bust. 

Sincerely yours, 

Bummed Clever
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• awww sh*t @acleverusername. Well, we're all cheering for your retrieval # to be higher than expected, for fert rate to be at the high end, blast rate to break the stats, and euploid % to be on the good side! (I, for one, am not counting out the follicle that your RE thinks will be overcooked by retrieval.) But this process is so tough. big weird stranger hugs.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @acleverusername oooof. I just let out the breath I've been holding reading the whole way through your update(s). oh friend, I'm so sorry this is not turning out the way you had hoped. FWIW, I know our situations are very different and I was under-stimulated and you're bordering on over-stimmed, but given that this is now your 2nd go at this and knowing how far in you are already, I'd stick to your original plan of going through with it, seeing what information you can glean from it re: your fert rate, blast rate, etc... and pray. IVF math can really mess with your head, and I've been down that windy road before. We got suuuper lucky once, not so much the second time, but we wouldn't have known that if we didn't try. I get that the insurance piece is critical here but what if this is as good as it gets? I don't think either of us believes that, or else you wouldn't keep going back to it, but I don't know that the answer to a "ideal" or "successful" ER is to keep stimming to this point then scrapping the whole thing. In the end I know you're coming from the most informed place so you're going to do what you think is best, and it will be the right choice. <3 

My phones are ringing off the hook at work today so will have to come back later for more tags but I think it was you @mokay19 who was asking about stuff to help improve your lining? In addition to acupuncture and the most vile chinese herbal supplement my naturopath gave me, I was also taking 6,000mg of L-arginine, pomegranate juice, and trying to get at least 15 mins of movement/day to get the blood flowing. I want to believe the L-arginine was the most effective, but do some reading on it. It's only to be taken during the FP leading up to O, and shouldn't be taken if you have any heart conditions, etc. It's often used as a performance enhancer for things like weight loss or building muscle mass because of the effect it has on your metabolism and increasing blood flow. I took it for one cycle and that was the only time my lining was over 8mm (it was 11mm as of 3 days before my FET). 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @acleverusername yes, I’ve taken Letrozole close to 10 cycles. I’ve done Clomid alone once and last cycle did Letrozole plus Clomid—which is what we’re doing again this cycle!
    I’m sorry to hear about the news on follicles. Hoping the quantity is surprisingly higher!

@kiki047 thank you! I always think “I wish pomegranate juice was cheaper” but then I think what I pay on meds and doctors appointments and I think “it’s not thaaaaat expensive” haha
  • @acleverusername ugh I’m sorry that was not the news you wanted. I’m sure your super frustrated right now. I don’t think there is a right or wrong answer as to go through with ER or not. It’s really what you feel comfortable with. I’m glad (if I’m reading right) that you have one more covered ER though JIC
  • edited July 2021
    re: pomegranate juice, my mom drinks the stuff by the boat load because a) there is some possibility that it may help stave off her cancer, and b) because it is a nice option for a woman who doesn't get to drink much anymore. anyhow, she says the cheap option is to go get the straight concentrate available at many ME and Asian import stores, and then water it down to your preference. she gets a kind that does not have added sugar. it's pretty tasty and especially nice mixed with seltzer water. i've never tested its benefits with respect to linings, though.
    Edit: i believe this is the stuff https://www.sadaf.com/sadaf-pomagranate-concentrate-34-5660
    History
  • @acleverusername and @optimistgardener thank you for the pomegranate juice suggestions!
  • @mokay19 good luck! I don't like the taste of pom, I find it too syrup-y and bitter but I diluted it with sparkling water and just sipped on it all day. Tbh though, I think it was the L-arginine that made the most difference. 

Just wanted to wish all my ladies a wonderful weekend. I'm off to a cottage on a lake for the annual family vacay. Wish me luck... it's not always that relaxing being stuck with 14+ family members for a week but we look forward to getting away every year and the location is very serene. I may lurk a bit next week but won't be around much. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• have fun @kiki047! the 14+ family member thing sounds kind rough but hopefully you'll find a little peace and quiet out there.
    History
  • @kiki047 Have fun at the cottage! I hope you "survive" being with some many family members. One of my colleagues came back from 2 weeks' holiday post-Christmas and accurately announced that "vacation with family is not a vacation." It's certainly the case for me. Lol. 

Update... might be triggering tonight or might go until tomorrow. Don't know... waiting for E2 results to make a call. Still on track to only get 5 mature eggs (out of 6). Also called the clinic and left a bunch of questions for the doc... waiting for the call back with in. Questions I had asked were:

1. Would a 450IU "boost" of Gonal-F have an impact on the "small" follicles? (I've heard of protocols with an FSH booster on day of trigger.)
    2. Can we do a double lupron trigger: one tonight and 1 12 hours later, in addition to the hCG trigger to help with maturity? (This is something that CCRM in Boston does. Here is where I learned that I know more about biology than one of the nurses at the fertility clinic... she tried to tell me that trigger shot trigger the release of the egg from the follicle. 🙈I know that it does, but the whole point of doing an egg retrieval is to get them before they're released. So, the trigger shot triggers meiosis which is the final cell division / maturation of the egg. FML.) 
    3. If we're not seeing good progress with the embryos on day 3, can we freeze day 3 embryos? 
    4. If we get 3 of fewer mature eggs, can we freeze eggs only? (This will save me 0.25 of a Progyny cycle, which means I can do 2 more IVF retrievals + fertilization cycles thereafter.)

Anywho, currently waiting for E2 results and decision on whether or not we trigger today. 

Also check out this cool chart that doctor let me take a photo off that shows my follicle growth progression. Black dots are right-side follicles; red dots are left-side follicles. Cyan box is lining thickness. Magenta box is Right/Left follicle numbers. The red boxes are hCG, E2, and P4 readings, top to bottom. Med doses for days past are in yellow boxes; in grey for future days. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• @kiki047 GL on vacay! Hope it goes better than mine did with only 6 people :D

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • edited July 2021
    Rad chart, @acleverusername! Am I wrong in reading that there are 7 follicles above what I infer to be a maturity cut-off line? Does your doc assume the largest will be overblown? Because I would not make that assumption.
    Spoilering for ridic IVF math:
    I had 3 follicles above 20mm on the day of trigger. They were all successfully captured and at least 1 of them (and maybe more) fertilized since I had 5 of 7 fertilize out of the 7 mature collected (1 other was immature). The smallest of the 7 measured on day of trigger was 11.4.
    History
  • @optimistgardener yep... doc thinks the largest one and smallest one aren't in play. He's even saying the 15mm one might not be mature. "Apparently" (using quotes because that's what the doc said, and I haven't confirmed in literature), luteal phase follicles take longer to mature. I.e. so you grow them out bigger. 🤷‍♀️

Also, highlight of my day is... MH learned how to put his own vitamins together! 🎉 But only because I made him this handy guide: 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• edited July 2021
    good work on training the husband! your doctor can be a pessimist if he likes and you're welcome to as well (I would certainly play that role in your shoes) but as the cheering audience, i'm gonna finally live up to my user handle and be optimistic that more of the eggs than the doc expects will make it to the finish line.
    History
  • Thanks @optimistgardener! ❤️ I'm assuming you haven't heard back from your clinic yet? 

Btw, @kiki047 and @inthewoods23, I think it came up earlier this week re: YHs not taking their vitamins (or was it last week already?) Anyways, mine has a vitamin case, so whenever he doesn't take his, I know exactly the days he missed. Hehe. I also spy on him using "Find my" feature on the iPhone. Super helpful for tracking wondering Hs. 

I finally thought of my "underrated thing that I can't live without" and I hope it qualifies: my iPhone's reminder app. I literally could not function without it. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername not yet! i have a heart attack every time the phone rings though, so that's fun.
    History
  • OMG, H just asked if we can have sexy times on Sunday. I made sure to go into excruciating details about the procedure I'm about to have. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• edited July 2021
    @acleverusername omg no! i hope you did not hold back on the details about the needle they're going to stick through the wall of your vagina while they go fishing around for your tremendously swollen ovaries. seriously. 🙄
    if it helps talk him down, i had bruising and soreness around the entrance to the vagina for about 4 days afterwards. I'm assuming they were kind of using my body as a lever of sorts while they were rummaging around in there.

History
  • edited July 2021
    @acleverusername but just gonna add (for your benefit, not your H), I felt fine pretty much immediately afterwards. I was woozy but in a not unpleasant way all day after the procedure and was fine for walking around and being functional the day after that. I used only 1 of the pain pills they gave me and transitioned immediately to tylenol thereafter.
    History
  • @kiki047 I love Pom juice when it’s mixed 1/2 with water haha. Did you take L-argantine as a pill? I heard about that this week while listening to old fertility podcast episodes. 

@keikilove sending you positive vibes with all the news and changes that you have! 
  • @keikilove oh no lady. I am sending you all I got. I know it's only of the most distant benefit to have someone say, "I know how it feels," but for whatever it is worth, I do know. Nothing about either process makes the other one easier, and in most ways, each makes the other one harder. This is true from the simple stuff like booking appointments and organizing daily life, to trying to address the physical stress you walk around with in your body all day, all the way up to thinking about big things and trying to make hard decisions. All I can say is that whatever decisions you make, they are the right decisions. Spend time with the person who has received the diagnosis. I hope they receive some better news at the next appointment.
    All the hugs.
    History
  • @keikilove sending you lots of hugs of support as your fertility journey takes this unexpected detour. Obviously, whomever it is, it is someone close and someone who means a lot to you, since it risks disrupting your fertility journey. Take time and care to process these new events; I will pray that you will hear some options at the upcoming health appointment this week. 🙏🏻

AFM, let me tell you, this cycle has been quite the rollercoaster, between airport OPKs, and potential cancellation, etc. Today, my dog got spayed (last week, I actually worried that our surgeries would line up on the same day; in a way that would have been more manageable). Now, with her being both in pain and on a sedative, we can't even board her like we were planning to. This morning, we had to juggle getting her to the clinic for check-in that started at 7:45, whilst also being somewhere where I could do my 2nd Lupron trigger at precisely 8:30am. I was half prepared to inject myself in the parking lot of the clinic. Luckily, we showed up early, and got checked in early, and I was able to make it to a coffee shop (planned stop) and the person who was in there just before me, vacated the premises just in time for me to pee and get my injection queued up. And so now, we also managed to get one of our friends to come hang out with our dog tomorrow morning because we haven't left her alone yet, since getting her back in April. So... yeah, there will be a gap between when we have to leave, and when our friend can come, so we're hoping the sedative is enough to keep our furbaby calm during that gap. Phew... I'm out of breath just typing this up. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername oh yikes, that is a lot to try to juggle at once. Here's hoping your dog will be nice and calm tomorrow during the gap while she's there alone! I've got my fingers crossed for your retrieval tomorrow!
    History
  • Thanks Optimist! 🙏 Forgot to mention that I also had to give MH a refresher on how to drive a standard transmission car cause my little Miata is all the car we have for now. The last time he drove a standard was 12 years ago. Also mine. 🤷‍♀️
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername hahahaa. i also drive a stick. we are a superior people.
    History
  • @acleverusername sending good vibes today! hope the retrieval is easy peasy.
    History
  • @inthewoods23 yay I’m glad you were able to get comfortable with getting the vaccine! I think I remember from when I got vaccinated you are at least 50% protected after the first shot (or maybe like a week or so after) but you definitely have some protection now!

@bumblebee0210 that is amazing news about your embryo! I hope you had a nice vacation!

@acleverusername I’ve been following your updates even though I didn’t have a chance to post this week and I’m glad you are going ahead with this cycle. Good luck today!

@zwink1 glad it seems like you won’t have any more roadblocks after you get the records transferred!

@mokay19 I’m glad you are able to finally get this cycle started!

@kiki047 have a wonderful vacation!

@keikilove thinking about you, friend❤️
  • @acleverusername GL today!! Hope everything goes great!

@keikilove sending so many hugs friend ❤️

@bows22 that sounds about right. Glad to be at least partially protected! I did suddenly start having pain in the back of my left knee that only happens when I straighten my leg. It's better this morning. But I was a little freaked out about DVT. 😬
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @acleverusername yay!!!! my optimist vibes weren't wrong. that's friggin great news! now you get to relax on the couch all day and swat your husband away unless he comes bearing cool drinks, snacks, and no other intentions.
    History
  • @acleverusername I came here to wish you GL and instead saw your amazing news! Congratulations!!! 🎊🍾 🥳 

• @acleverusername great news on the 8 mature eggs!!! 
  • zwink1zwink1 member
    edited August 2021
    @keikilove, I'm so sorry for the bad family health news.  I'm sending all of my positive vibes your way!

@acleverusername, congrats, that is fantastic news!!!!  (Coincidentally, we ened up with 8 mature at our retrieval too.)  I'll have all of my fingers crossed for great fert results!  We only did one ER.  We were completely out of pocket so we knew before we started that we really only had one shot.

Edit: I accidentally posted too soon.