PAIF New Mommies, Spring 2021

2»

Re: PAIF New Mommies, Spring 2021

• @cashewchicken
    That's what I intend to do on Mother's Day :smile:
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day. Mine started at 6 am, ended up being one of the busiest Sundays since we also had to clean up after our son’s bedwetting accident. On a queen-sized futon. No waterproof cover or absorbent pads 😩 After cleaning, feeding, laundry, bathing two kids, I realized it was already 6 pm. I was exhausted so I wanted to order dinner in (delivered) but the wait time was 2 hours!! I quickly cooked for everyone. Happy Mother’s Day to me! 😂
    Though it was not a relaxing day, I'm very lucky to be able to complain about the Mother’s Day I had. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • Loading the player...
  • @cashewchicken My mother's day was spent with just the kids,  H had to work.  Mother's day 2.0 was spent on Monday and I was running errands like a mad woman, so not relaxing either. In my head I responded to you about breastfeeding, but realized I never actually did. I'm very excited. I'm gonna look into starting a program at H's work to support more breastfeeding mothers. They just implemented a fully paid parental leave for 6 weeks on top of FMLA. They are very pro wellness and family, etc, so hopefully it will be able to happen. I am nearing the end of my classes which is both exciting g and terrifying cause that means it's about to be really real. 
  • edited June 2021
    I still go here, right?  How's everyone doing?

BG is getting so big, so fast, I can't even handle it.  I have been taking little 9m pics and I had two teeth on the board already, bit lo and behold, we are actually up to four!  The first couple top ones are peeking through now... She's also so rambunctious, we are having to switch her into a full crib, rather than the sidecar next to our bed, much sooner than we did with DD.  Luckily she is already enjoying her new twin floor bed, so I think we'll bite the bullet Saturday and complete the switch (swapping out her toddler rail for the baby's crib rail so they can share the room.) I can't believe it's legit time to start planning a birthday party here!????
  • Paging @FuzzyDust @halfanewt @crazyladywithacat
  • Hi everyone! Checking in on this board as I have been MIA on it for awhile. Working from home plus newborn makes for very little time indeed! Millie's 4 month appointment was today, vaccinations, finalllly starting to get on a good amount of weight and weighs in at a whopping 10lbs6oz at 17 weeks...lol! She is firmly in 3M size clothes (another lol!) as of a couple of days ago. However her head circumference is seeming to take off a little faster than her weight so we are getting an US to make sure all is well, esp given her fussiness. After the nurse re-measured her height (she did it really crappily the first time and basically got the measurement for her height at birth) the doc was less worried about her head circumference but we're still opting for the US b/c it's easier to do now when the fontanelle isn't totally closed. If we had to do it later it would have to be a sedated one. 

She's really an adorable child and talking/burbling a lot, smiling, and we got a full on cackle a couple of days ago. Putting in some family pics in the spoilers -- they are from a couple of weeks ago and I swear she is like twice the size now! They are giant bc I haven't compressed them, sorry!

• @lucyb1954 Millie is sooo cute!!  I love her wispy hair.  Robbie turned 4 months today although we don't go in for his 4 month appt until July 7 since our pediatrician is out of the office next week.  I'm so curious about his weight.  I tried to weigh him myself the other day and it seemed like he was close to 20 lbs, which when I googled it seems unrealistic for a 4 month old.  And being off by even one or two pounds on a baby is a big deal.  So we'll see what the doctor says.  He's a big boy though!  At his 2 month appt his weight was in the 50th percentile, his height was in the 76th, his head was in the 96th, lol.

@BusinessWife When did your DD's first tooth come in?  Robbie has been teething since 2 months and the drool right now is out of control.  I keep waiting for a tooth to potentially pop us any day now even though I know 4 months is still early.  No sign of any yet though.
  • @laurelew Most baby's get their first teeth at around 6mo. The drool just sucks until then 😕

@lucyb1954 Millie is ADORABLE!! I am in love with her hair! Is it red? 

Y'all, I can't believe it, but B turns 1 on Saturday! I can't believe my little 32weeker is about to be 1!! 😱 He's just now getting into 9 mo clothes, lol. But he is a feral child 2.0 and has learned a lot from his older brothers, like how to climb the furniture and take flying leaps of faith. I can't even with him. He's been doing OT and Speech and is getting stronger every day. One day he is gonna scream at me in words and then things will be really crazy. He has decided whatever I'm eating is the best and it will only do despite being provided his own food. He has a lot of gravitational insecurity, so he eats on the floor like a big kid. 
  • @wildrainbow Happy early birthday to your LO.  :)
  • hey all! I go here (again) now. Realized I never updated the weekly check-ins, oops! Anyway, DS is a big brother to DS2 now! Born 5/29 so I now somehow have a 2.5 year old and a one month old! We’re adjusting pretty well, though I do miss sleep 😴 DS2 was a quick labor and has a full head of hair. It naturally wants to Mohawk, which I’m finding endlessly entertaining. Feeling very fortunate 😊
  • Welcome @halfanewt and congratulations!!  Your DS2 sounds adorable. :)
  • @halfanewt Congrats!! I love that your ds2's hair Mohawks! So cute
  • DD got her first at 5m+1w, BG got hers at 7m+1w.  Every kid is different, but they will absolutely drool for a loooong time lol @laurelew

Happy Birthday, baby!  @wildrainbow  Isn't that amazing to think from how little and helpless to how big  and strong and rambunctious, in such a short time!?

Congratulations!! @halfanewt How are you all enjoying?  It has really been so much fun to see the girls interact and grow up together...