Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 5.3

• Moving on from menstrual cups :D I found out there's a "fancy" new bra calculator that takes 6 measurements into account to determine your bra size instead of the typical 2.

https://www.abrathatfits.org/calculator.php

Granted.... I think it just takes the maximum measurements between the 3 you do for under bust and your full bust hence why I put fancy in quotes. This quiz tells me I'm a 30D and I would say that's totally wrong, but I also haven't gotten a new bra or measured myself since losing the weight from changing my diet. I've been wearing a 34C for years.

Can you lose that many inches in the under bust area?? I always thought that measurement doesn't really change with the ribcage.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Bra sizing is a mystery that makes no sense, like basically all clothing for women/feminine clothing. I do know that somehow different band/cup sizes are the same as other completely different band/cup sizes but your body might prefer one fit to a different fit??? Even though they are supposedly the same? But like, different ratio maybe? I have no clue. I swear my bust changes every few years, and I only recently found some bras that work for me right now in this season of my life, and I'm thrilled about it. 

• Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 To your ribcage question: *TW: PG* It can change during PG. I’ve gone up sizes in both band and cup, then eventually down again. My feet did the same.  Weirdly, my ribcage took years to return to normal. It’s possible you could need a wider band but maybe not with your recent weight loss on GF/DF.  
  • @beakay8 right like, why can't our pants be sized the way mens pants are. I have pants that are both size 8 and size 10. Meanwhile DH just needs to look for 34/30 or whatever he is. DUMB! I've had some people tell me how a particular brand is the only one that fits them or feels comfortable. This is not how it should work lol

@keikilove I guess there is some fat around the ribcage lol. I didn't think it would vary that much though!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewood23 Yes, just use literal measurements for waist and height! Like they do for men's pants! I do know this is what European sizes do, when you get the sizes that are like "27" or whatever, but why can't my height also be a measurement here? Or inseam, whatever. That's related to height. My husband always knows 32/34 is his size; he may have *preferences* about brands and fit, but the size is never the trouble. 
  • @inthewoods23 That’s the weird thing—it wasn’t fat! My ribcage actually got *wider* by 2 inches! (I’ve always been able to wear a 34- or 36-inch band. I went up to a tight 38.) I felt like a football player for a few years there.😳 Looked bigger in photos and everything even though my weight had returned to normal. Once my ribcage finally shrank & I could fit my 36-inch band comfortably I started looking my normal size in clothes & photos again. It reminded me of the way some women look bigger when they get their boobs done, even if their lower body is still small. 
  • @keikilove weird! Although, thinking more about it, that does make sense. Things have to move around in there to make room so I can imagine it would push your ribcage out a bit. 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @keikilove same thing happened to me! My ribs aren’t quite as small around as the used to be but they mostly went back down. TW and both pregnancies Im all baby and you can’t even tell I’m pregnant from the back. I think it happens more frequently when your short
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @inthewoods23 I really wish I had some awesome response for you give her. So you're not doing takeout any more at all? Tell them they can cook for themselves and you are going to enjoy your bday with your favorite takeout. 
  • @inthewoods23 it really sucks that they're not willing to do what you want for YOUR birthday...  maybe it's a good excuse to also have a date night with just YH and have the dinner you really want!  Then have a cookout too, celebrate your birthday as many times as possible!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @gingermama29 Ah I was obsessed. I'm still a little bitter that my parents got me the bitty baby instead of an actually doll because I'm the youngest in the family. 
  • @gingermama29 I always loved going through the magazine we'd get in the mail. I always knew they were pretty expensive so I never had a big desire to have one, but I did have a favorite.

Fun fact - the AG HQ is only an hour and a half from me. I always get a kick out of finding out super popular products are HQed here or made in our state. Rum Chata anyone? Bottled in the suburb to the southwest of me. It fascinates me!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • babyodobabyodo member
    @gingermama29 - we were way too poor for AG dolls, but I loved going to my friend's house to play with hers. She had Kirsten and Samantha, but Molly was my favorite, with Felicity a close second.

My random: I've been helping MH write trivia questions for when he hosts trivia on Thursday nights, and it's been going really well (#proud), and each week he allows a team to pick what the third round category is. Well, this week it's Godzilla movies. Ugh. I have the four other categories already written, but am dragging on writing the Godzilla movies category. It's just not my thing, so I'm not feeling particularly inspired. 

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• I LOVED Kit and was obsessed with AG as a kid, I read all the Kit books and some of the other ones (care and keeping of you, anyone? a smart girl's guide to middle school?). My mom took me to the HQ in NY when I was little and I got to bring my doll for tea and wore matching outfits. 

that said, I am not immune to the whole "I'm an adult and can give myself the experiences that my parents couldn't/wouldn't as a kid" nostalgia thing. This is the entire reason why I am going to Disney in a couple weeks xD 
  • @gingermama29 Ahh! Memories! I had Molly and vividly remember the Christmas when I got her. 😊

@anniemarie887 Haha! Molly and I have apparently been stress eating together…

• Oooh i love AG 😍 I had Samantha, Felicity, and Kit. I got one as a gift from my parents but I think I saved up for the other two myself begging anyone and everyone for chores to do. The books were so good too! I got a lot of the “extra stuff” from my cousins who were a little older than me. 
  • FFWC: I did not even know American Girl dolls were a thing until fairly recently.
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    I loved my AG dolls and that article gave me so much nostalgia! FFTC I think I had like 6 dolls, way more than I’d ever do for my kids...but I still have them all and they’re in ok shape other than the time I decided to cut some of their hair 😬 
  • @inthewoods23 eeeeeee! teeny sprout!!!!
  • kiki047kiki047 member
    @BusinessWife me either... but then I'm Canadian, I think that's enough of an excuse. I just had Cabbage Patch dolls.

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• I didn’t even dare ask my parents for an AG doll, I knew they’d never afford it. I just settled for the books. @kiki047 I remember always thinking how ugly the Cabbage Patch dolls were, but I still played with my neighbor’s and secretly coveted it.😆