August 2021 Moms

Randoms- 5/1

Happy May! What’s on your mind?

Re: Randoms- 5/1

• Loading the player...
  • @coastalmomma3 homemade chocolate cake sounds amazing! Not to mention the good company- I’m a little jealous 😉
  • grogugrogu member
    I feel like a terrible cat mom right now.... I usually trim my cats nails but between working from home with the kid and being pregnant I guess I haven't thought of it in ages.
    I just noticed that two of his nails started to grow into the pads of his feet 😭😭😭😭 

Hopefully I can remember to trim them more often. He's pretty useless at grooming and using the scratching post, I think he was taken away from his mum too early. 

• @grogu - I did something similar with our dog! I’m going to blame it on pregnancy brain but I just completely forgot to take her to get her nails trimmed when I normally do and then one broke. I felt terrible. My dog does not actually seem to care though. 
  • grogugrogu member
    @dancingnarwhal glad I'm not the only one! But it still sucks
    He was actually playing last night so I'm sure it feels better not to have nails growing into his skin! 

I talked with my vet friend and she suggested adding some joint supplements to his diet as he may be getting arthritic 
  • We are doing a major addition on our house this summer (Hopefully finished before baby) and a tree needed to be removed. My husband decided to do it himself and the tree fell the wrong way and was inches from smashing into our house. He said it was "the winds fault" 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  • @grogu - We have our dog on joint supplements for arthritis. They actually help a lot. We had to take her off the pain meds the vet originally prescribed for her because they caused an ulcer and we’ve just had her on the supplements since then and she does really well. 

@babygirl1812 - Congrats on your girl! That’s exciting! 
  • @surrenderdorothy, it was delicious. With fresh strawberries and whipping cream frosting on top. 😋

I'm pretty sure that I'm the talk of the neighborhood when I go on walks with my misbehaving giant dog, two small children, and giant belly. But, like you, my husband is working odd hours since the pandemic and can no longer walk our dog in the morning. 

@grogu I've had cats my whole life and have never once thought of getting their nails trimmed. I wonder where that leaves me on the worst pet parent scale. 
  • grogugrogu member
    @coastalmomma3 I usually do it because they are indoor only. If they were outside cats they would need sharp nails though. My older cat sheds her nails properly but I still cut them because she can be a jerk and swat at the kiddo. 
  • When DD was a toddler I once was walking with her and the dog at twilight. We were walking across a driveway, a car pulled in too fast not seeing us, and I couldn't stop the dog in time and her foot got run over. She was bleeding everywhere. Her foot did heal eventually but I totally get not being able to manage a toddler and a dog, much less two. Once DD got older it was much easier but now of course we don't have the dog anymore since she passed last year. Another time a dog tried to attack my dog and I had to basically throw DD behind my body to protect her. I was able to get them both away safely...but small children and dog walking can be so stressful! Maybe hire a dog walker? @surrenderdorothy

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @surrenderdorothy, it was delicious. With fresh strawberries and whipping cream frosting on top. 😋
    Now all I can think about is chocolate cake. 🤣
    Now all I can think about is chocolate cake. 🤣
    Me too! 😂  I’ll be making something chocolate this week. 
  • @surrenderdorothy @coastalmomma3 omg you guys are killing me with this cake talk. There might be a slice of carrot cake leftover but now I really want chocolate 😅
  • @grogu we had that happen with one of our cats last year. We had to take her to the vet and she was so upset she had to be sedated for them to clip them. We apparently caught it pretty early though because they told us there wasn’t even any bleeding when they removed them, but I still felt horrible. 
    Actually you’re reminding me that I should probably check her again... 
  • How is it only Tuesday?! 
  • Haha @pickle-chips that's exactly my thought when I woke up this morning, but we recently moved houses so I have a big week ahead of me
  • cyanopecyanope member
    Amen, @pickle-chips.
    Sooooo jealous, @surrenderdorothy! That sounds amazing. 

• ashsowers2020ashsowers2020 member
    edited May 2021

**EDITED: I found the thread the original comment belonged on and reposted it there. Please ignore lol (I don’t know how to delete this comment). I wish I could blame pregnancy brain on this one... I literally overlooked the appropriate thread 🤦🏼‍♀️ 
  • @surrenderdorothy that sounds like an amazing line up!
  • @surrenderdorothy that trip sounds amazing. Hope you gals have fun! 

@pickle-chips this is the only week that I feel like "how's it already Tuesday??" Hah
  • @surrenderdorothy @hannelorre @mrspants0809 My daughter snuck into the fridge and scarfed the last piece of cake. I was so sad! This is the recipe if you're interested.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/classic-and-easy-chocolate-cake-recipe-995137
  • @claireloSC last night when I was reading to our oldest, the baby was having a party so I pointed to the movement. And kiddo asks "is the baby trying to get out?" He was very concerned. 
    @grogu Hooray! But also I am a wee bit jealous. NS is sticking to the age-based approach and we are at 50+. 
  • @grogu YAY for vaccination!! Did you guys see that Pfizer is looking to be approved for 2+ by the Fall? BANANAS
  • This is very random, but I was just making myself a peanut butter and honey sandwich and there was a seed on the edge of the peanut butter container. The seed was definitely from our sandwich bread, but I was momentarily convinced it was mouse poop, because I am terrified of finding mouse poop in my peanut butter—I am always on the lookout and I cannot buy crunchy peanut butter because of this. I spent my formative years in Australia and there was a salmonella outbreak that made hundreds of people sick, and sadly I think someone even died, that was cause by mouse poo contaminated peanut butter. It dominated the news cycle for ages. Anyway, 25 years later and this still haunts me.
  • This is very random, but I was just making myself a peanut butter and honey sandwich and there was a seed on the edge of the peanut butter container. The seed was definitely from our sandwich bread, but I was momentarily convinced it was mouse poop, because I am terrified of finding mouse poop in my peanut butter—I am always on the lookout and I cannot buy crunchy peanut butter because of this. I spent my formative years in Australia and there was a salmonella outbreak that made hundreds of people sick, and sadly I think someone even died, that was cause by mouse poo contaminated peanut butter. It dominated the news cycle for ages. Anyway, 25 years later and this still haunts me.
    This will permanently be stuck in my head now.  :D  :D We moved to an acreage a little while back and now have mice in our house..... 

But very glad it was not mouse poop. 
  • @pickle-chips mouse poo fear is real.  I had a bunch of everything bagels and turns out charred onion looks EXACTLY like mouse poop. We did end up having mice, but it was definitely from the bagel.

@claireloSC also super exhausted. I started having crazy dreams wake me up. One of them I was really insistent on smoking like a pound of pot, while pregnant!  I don't smoke so it's super strange.

Babe has been going crazy these days. It's legit been visible on the outside since week 18, I'm not sure I'll survive the rib kicks once it turns.

@coastalmomma3 I am dying for cake with all these cake posts. I might have to make some brownies if we get a rain day at work tomorrow. I keep sending MH the cake menus for various bakeries around the city... 
  • @surrenderdorothy I'm glad everything looked okay at the ER. I hope you get some good rest and YS feels better! 
  • Oh no @surrenderdorothy! That’s so scary. I’m glad to hear that baby looks ok and that you are able to get some rest. I hope you’re not too sore tomorrow.
  • @doodlemom131 thank you! 

There was a mama in the room next to me getting sent up to deliver at 28 weeks- it made it feel very real that people could start delivering soon. (Hopefully not that early!)
  • @surrenderdorothy - that’s so scary! Glad you are doing okay!
  • @surrenderdorothy, yikes. I'm glad that you're doing okay now! That is one of the fears that I have with my beast of a dog. 
  • This cake talk has me drooling too lol.  @coastalmomma3, thanks for the link! I don’t think I’ve ever tried anything that I didn’t like so far from the spruce eats. 

@babygirl1812, yay, a girl! Glad you were able to get all of your pictures this time around! 

@surrenderdorothy, how scary but glad you are okay! I hope you got some good rest.  

@pickle-chips, that is definitely a reason to be afraid and freak out.  I’ve been wanting PB&J sandwiches but I may have to have a PB&honey thrown in there.  Put on a bagel with bananas and I’d have my go to I slept late breakfast in college lol. 

Congratulations on your vaccination appointment, @grogu
    Pregnancy Ticker