September 2021 Moms

May Symptoms

What’s that baby doing to you this month?

Re: May Symptoms

• paulpawpaulpaw member
    this heartburn though...
  • I can’t sleep right at all. I’m not uncomfortable really, I’m just awake and can’t shut my brain off. Plus DH has been snoring so bad lately. Some nights I’m still popping half a unisom for a guaranteed couple hour streak. 
  • Loading the player...
  • ageaagea member
    edited May 2021
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast insomnia is so hard. Are you tired all day then?

Im still having lots of random abdominal aches, cramps, pains, and occasional Braxton Hicks. Sometimes I’ll get up after being in one position for a while and will be suddenly hobbled over from some lower ache. I can never identify what’s actually hurting but am always like what the hell is that this time?!
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast add me to the insomnia list. I’ve been waking up between 3:30 and 4 every morning and can’t fall back asleep until 6. It’s horrible. 

I am also feeling very short of breath the last 24 hours but I think it’s less pregnancy and more anxiety than anything else. I’m anxious about our house search and today’s anatomy scan. I’m sure that’s not helping the insomnia either. LOL. 
  • Plus 1 for insomnia. I've been trying not to take the Unisom and get healthy, "natural" sleep, which I'm LOLing at this morning because that's done me a fat lot of good. I was up at 1:30, then tossed and turned (also listening to MH snore) until I got up at 6. 

Also can't breathe, especially at night when I'm sitting watching TV. And lots of random belly pains too. And did I mention my sciatica? Pregnancy is a magical time.
  • paulpawpaulpaw member
    @runningonindie yay for scan day! Enjoy

@ages same on the random aches!
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast trouble sleeping here too. It’s taking me longer to fall asleep and I’m waking up most nights around 4:30; sometimes it’s for 5 minutes sometimes it’s an hour 🤷🏼‍♀️

@ages yes similar pains too, especially if I’ve been sitting curled up and then stand too quickly. I have a couple of persistently painful spots that are driving me crazy!

My heartburn has started a lot earlier this time, and I feel like my stomach is already so squished. I think I’m carrying very differently this time, I don’t remember being so uncomfortable this early last time. 
  • sawasapsawasap member
    I can fall asleep, but I can't stay asleep. I wake up so much and not even because I need to pee. And then when I'm waking up and half asleep, I try to roll over and get comfortable and trigger RLP.

The good news is that I've been doing stretches and exercises for SPD (not diagnosed, but have been feeling the pelvic pain for a while now, so figured it couldn't hurt) and they are helping so much. Mostly just stabilizing and stretching, but 2 weeks in and I've noticed a huge difference in my pain level and difficulty moving.
  • paulpaw yes, the heartburn has gotten me full force!

I'm just generally a lot more uncomfortable this time and don't remember feeling like this until I was further along.  I'm a little nervous about what it's going to be like in August.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @feelingjovani I'm starting to feel pretty uncomfortable over here, too. I get super uncomfortable if I eat even a normal-sized meal. And baby is so low and always kicking downward, so it feels like my belly is in the way when I'm sitting down.
  • @Aerialmrs I'm the exact same way with eating.  I get super full after a normal meal but not for maybe an hour so I end up too full if I eat a whole normal meal.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm also having a lot of trouble sleeping. I was a back/stomach sleeper before and I can't sleep on one side for long without waking up with pretty bad hip pain. Still haven't figured out the right pillow combination to fix it. Maybe there isn't one.
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @Aerialmrs @feelingjovani This is exactly how I'm feeling, a normal sized meal leaves me feeling super uncomfortable for quite a while. I don't remember feeling so uncomfortable after eating with my first, even at the very end of that pregnancy. I'm almost dreading August!
  • I CANNOT stop eating!!  :#

Lots of kicks to the cervix and occasional Braxton Hicks. Sore back. Surprisingly sleeping OK...for now anyways. 

Headaches are getting a bit less frequent but still very much a pain in my *ss.
  • Definitely some back pain. I worry about how bad it's going to get in third tri. 😬 I am also prone to kidney stones, so the lower backaches are a little scary. I don't want to have to deal with stones while pregnant! 
    Still averse to avocados and most vegetables. I just might have to accept that this could last through the whole pregnancy. 😑 
  • I have been so out of breath lately.  My job is fairly exerting with lots of walking during the day pushing a spreader and pulling a hose.  At the end of the day I look at my stairs with dread because I know I'll be out of breath by the time I reach the top.  
  • @deziraywatt +1 on breathlessness! I don’t remember it hitting quite so early with my first, but this little one has me huffing and puffing all the time. I’m dreading the summer heat and trying to be outside at all. It’s already so bad, I can’t imagine what I’ll feel like when it’s 100 degrees every day! Really hoping for an unexpectedly mild season. 
  • @deziraywatt I'm so thankful masks are still required at my work (even outside) so my coworkers can't tell I'm mouth breathing and totally breathless walking across campus! 

• this baby is so low! I didn't think anything of it, but had a coworker mention how low I'm carrying the other day, and it got me thinking. When you sit down, does your belly rest on your legs? My baby is full on kicking my upper thighs, and sitting is not comfortable!
  • @Aerialmrs me! My second i carried very low as well and this one seems to be the same. It's nice in the sense my lungs and ribs don't feel as crowded..but yes so many kicks down low, lightning crotch, generally feeling like the babe may just fall out  :D
  • @Aerialmrs mine is super low! Confirmed via ultrasound yesterday haha, at points they were literally running the ultrasound right above my pubic bone. Sometimes I’ve been feeling pressure even and they measured my cervix but it’s all good, baby is just super low
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast My US tech didn't say anything about baby being low, at all, and also measured my cervix and didn't report anything concerning, so I assume it's all fine. Also it just so happened that during my ultrasound baby was positioned breech and kicking upward/at my sides, while 90% of the time I'm getting all downward kicks and jabs.
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @nasalot188 LOL that was me last week, I was unbelievably hungry! There was a night I made dinner and ate, and an hour after I finished I needed 2 bowls of cereal. Baby was obviously growing...and decided to start squishing my stomach immediately after that I guess :confounded:
  • Is anyone else dealing with lightning crotch already?! I feel like it's too early but also don't know what else it would be. I keep getting sharp, shooting pains to my vag at least once or twice a day.  :s
  • emjeveemjeve member
    @huskermom14 I am! Every time I sneeze it happens... so allergy season has been fun 😂

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @huskermom14 @emjeve yes and yes!! Omg I dread sneezing
  • Yes to lighting crotch when sneezing!! Every time!! 
  • Add me to the can’t sleep crew! So frustrating - I’m tired all the time!

Anyone else having tailbone pain? I talked to my OB about it and she estimated that it’s a thing for 50% or less of pregnant women. I get to be in the lucky half I guess...
  • kissyfir1586kissyfir1586 member
    edited May 2021
    The pregnancy rage is real today. DH and I just got into a big argument, complete with slamming doors, over scooping a cat box. 🙄🤦‍♀️ Now I'm sitting here feeling like WTH just happened lol

We don't argue much, but our biggest arguments have been over the dumbest things, especially lately.
  • @kissyfir1586 omg we argue about the cat box too like I would scoop it except I can’t sooooooo
  • paulpawpaulpaw member
    @kissyfir1586 DH’s failure to scoop is a totally valid rage. You good. 
  • ageaagea member
    Anyone else’s SI joint flaring? Mine hurt last pg and has just started to get bad again. I remember a couple of my exercises from my old PT but don’t have anyone to see for relief this time.
  • Count me in on the sneezing, lightening crotch, and pregnancy rage haha!  Also, somehow I got through my first two pregnancies without ever peeing on myself after sneezing....but that streak is no more!  It was a sad day lol.
  • @emjeve omgosh allergies have been killing me. I swear I pee my pants every other day thanks to sneezing. Such a glamorous life we live 🤪
  • lmcwlmcw member
    Joining the team on sneezing issues. Every time I sneeze these days it's like playing roulette: will I get stabbing ligament pain? Pee a little? Or feel like my lady parts are being electrocuted? A new adventure every time!
  • Add me to the synchronized peeing/sneezing team. 😬
  • Anyone else's nipples super painful?  The pain actually went away for a week or so, but its back.  I spoke to my OB about it and they said they think its related to my reynaud's and to keep warm.  It's HOT today, I am on the verge of sweating while sitting in my house, and my nips are still killing me.
  • I’m having sooooo much belly button pressure today 🙄🙄 
  • @grizzlymama86 mine are just itchy, not actual pain, but ouch!

I'm having so many punches to the cervix that I've physically jumped up out of my chair.
  • @Aerialmrs yessss cervix punches! All the movement is so low. My ligaments have given up. 

I’ve been mad cranky all week. Also tired of smelling all the smells!