September 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/26

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/26

• Options
    lmcwlmcw member
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast we just did some of this for our new place as well! We're just doing the fridge and stove in the kitchen, we went with Samsung this time; they had a fridge with the features we wanted at a good price and we found decent reviews. The one downside I've heard is their built in ice makers can need some attention, but that seems to be true of most brands.

We currently have Bosch, and I could take or leave them; if someone told me they were getting Bosch I wouldn't warn them against it, but we decided not to go with them in our new place. The set we have now works but they aren't anything special and even the really basic ones are pricey. Dishwasher does a good job and is quiet (until it's done, and then it will not stop beeping...), the cooktop and oven do their job but I don't like how the controls are laid out, and I actively dislike my fridge; partly that's because it's a side-by-side and both sides are too narrow so it's hard to fit some items, plus one of the door bins broke and can't be replaced, and the ice maker works whenever it feels like it and then stops for a few weeks or months (the last time we asked about getting it fixed it was so expensive I actually laughed), and I find that the produce bins are way too cold.

We have an LG washer and dryer and I love them; we're buying the same set for our new home. Had them 6 years, never had a problem with them, and would definitely recommend!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lmcw we have Bosch dishwasher...it came with our house and I was so excited because everyone always RAVES about how amazing Bosch dishwashers are. I agree with you in that they are fine - no complaints, but nothing amazing and for how pricey they are I honestly expected to be amazed. They are very quiet though which is nice. Also hate our side by side fridge - it's honestly the thing I'm most looking forwards to getting rid of when we redo our kitchen 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! We ended up going with the kitchen aid package, with a French door fridge. The back order is a little wild but the only thing that won’t come right away is the fridge- we’ll probably pick up a spare from fb or something to be our beer fridge then 😂 

@runningonindie those cafe appliances are so pretty- we went to Best Buy because their showroom is actually pretty impressive compared to other places around here and they had the coffee pot- it’s very eye catching!
  • Options
    lmcwlmcw member
    @chewie5990 Right? I felt like I heard so much about how great the appliances were and I’m like...it’s an oven, it’s nothing special. Whoever decided to make side by side fridge/freezers is on my shit list; unless you have space for a really wide one they’re useless! I’ve been hoping ours will break for years lol 

@whatabout2ndbreakfast yeah, the back order is pretty crazy. Our realtor knows people who’ve been waiting for fridges since the fall! Sounds like our stove might not arrive before we move in, but we can make do with the BBQ for a while if we need to. 
  • Options
    @lmcw since fall!!! That’s wild. Ours is scheduled to deliver a month after we move in. Our neighbors stove broke and they were without one for a relatively long time and used their grill in some pretty creative ways!

I’m at my 20 week ultrasound now and feel kinda awkward because I’m alone. We couldn’t find a babysitter. The check in lady was like nobody is here with you?? 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    paulpawpaulpaw member
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I remember being pregnant with my son my husband wanting to be at every appt and ultrasound. FFFC, it’s been kind of peaceful being on my own for all of the appts so far. My husband doesn’t seem too torn up about it either 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Enjoy the scan! 
  • Options
    When we moved into our house it had a commercial grade oven and stove. It reminds me of the one on Beauty and the Beast. It’s huge. I didn’t think I needed something like that but once you get used to it, it feels necessary. Having 2 ovens is amazing and at this point might be a deal breaker for future homes. 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast DH hasn’t been to any of my appointments since our third kid. I would rather go alone than have to wrangle all the kids. Plus it ends up being a decent break. Although, I saw a lady with her baby at the office the other day and apparently you can get special permission to bring all your kids with you. 🙄 I’m ready for things to go back to normal already. 
  • Options
    muggsdmuggsd member
    @emeraldcity1214 my dream is dual wall ovens with a cooktop in an island. Having 2 ovens must be magical! Especially on the “big” days (Christmas, thanksgiving...) where you have a bunch of different stuff on the go! 
  • Options
    @paulpaw @emeraldcity1214 thank you guys! It definitely was nice and relaxing and probably would have been more stressful had the whole family came 😂
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I don't even think DH knows I have my anatomy scan on Friday...he can't come anyways, but I should probably tell him it's happening...  :D
  • Options
    lmcwlmcw member
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast Oh yeah, before a big storm once I did a google search for things you can cook on the BBQ...it's endless! Hope your scan went well! Mine have all been solo this time, most of the clinics are being super strict about enforcing Covid rules. The private one I paid for last week would have allowed my husband to come but it was at our son's bedtime so he stayed home and I got to surprise him with the gender which was equally fun!
  • Options
    DH hasn't been to either of my midwife appointments, but he's come to both ultrasounds. It's important for both of us that he's there and I love having that time that's just us to be together. Especially when you get to see so much more when you're actually there vs the handful of photos they send after. This most recent US, she took some really cute photos and showed us some cute angles, and then sent me 4 photos of the profile face that were only slightly different. DH wouldn't have gotten to see how adorable it was being if he wasn't there.