September 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/26

*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/26

• Options
    @emeraldcity1214 just curious, do you go off a curriculum for homeschooling? We’ve toyed with the idea off and on for the last few years and I love hearing how different people do it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @muggsd I use different curriculum for each subject. I don’t do box sets. I love Charlotte Mason and I homeschool using her methods. Although I don’t wait as long as she did before starting formal education but I use literature based curriculum and her techniques for evaluating what my kids are learning. I have been homeschooling for 10 years and I have changed curriculum sooo many times. I feel like I’m finally landing where I want to be. It has been a slow transition because my oldest needed specific things for him to be successful and I am starting fresh with my younger kids because they have never been to public school. It’s been so much better with the kids not having the expectation or idea of what school has to be. 

I do a morning basket at breakfast where we do Bible, history, poetry, picture study, and virtues. We do a loop schedule for those things. Then we do reading, writing, math, and science in our school room. Everything is a literature based curriculum except for math and writing obviously. Then we do handicrafts, art, music etc on a loop schedule as well. 

I absolutely love homeschooling and it gives our family so much freedom to travel whenever we want. Plus my kids learn at their own pace with each subject too which is nice. 
  • Options
    Update: they went with the higher offer. Not surprised!
  • Options
    @runningonindie awww usually cash offers win! I’m sorry you lost that one :( 

@Aerialmrs what planner do you have? I’ve moved over to a more bullet journal format but still have a regular planner too so I use both 😆 we also have a wall calendar that I update because I really like planners and calendars. 
  • Options
    @runningonindie I’m so surprised! We took the lower all cash offer when we sold last year just and it was so much less complicated. No appraisal, no lender inspections.

@Aerialmrs which bras did you get? I keep adding to my cart and not pulling the trigger. Also considering the robe for the hospital, last time I work the ugly hospital gowns too long. 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I tried the bullet journal, but it didn't work as a whole very well for me, because I plan ahead a lot and I never found a great way to organize that without creating a ton of work for myself that I was never going to do. Instead I adopted a "bullet journal" type thing specifically for work notes, and a separate planner for scheduling/planning/to do lists. This time I'm going with a personalized Plum Paper planner, but it's pretty simple. I'm doing the weekly hourly layout (the hourly scheduling layout is essential for me!) with no extras. I've gotten plum paper once before and loaded it up with too many extras that I never ended up using, so it was a pretty thick book and didn't get utilized as much. 
  • Options
    @paulpaw I got this bundle: https://www.kindredbravely.com/products/24-7-nursing-bra-bundle
    I loved having a robe in the hospital for my first! I just brought a thin-ish one from home that I already had, and it was perfect. I still have it and will definitely bring it again! I liked wearing a nursing tank and the robe during recovery.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @Aerialmrs I just ordered an Erin Condren and I’m not sure I absolutely love it yet. I’m sure I will once I get used to it. What kind of planner do you get? I like the idea of choosing when it starts. 

ETA: I just scrolled up and read where you already said what you got. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 Haha, yes, that's one of the reasons I liked Plum, getting to choose the start date. You can also add extra months, so if you need to start at a weird time, you can just make it a 14 month planner or whatever works.
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I have been using Erin Condren planners for the past few years! I started just using them for teaching/lesson planning - I think she has the best set up for high school teacher planners. I also get her mini planners for my personal planner and really like that it's easy to keep in my purse and they are 18 month which is nice. I've looked a lot of Plum too, but their teacher planners just don't compare. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @chewie5990 I have a planner that I print off that I love for school. It has a lot of different things that make it personalized. It also has different colors for you to assign to each student. I have that planner for school that stays in my school room. The Erin Condren planner is my personal planner. I am literally lost without it because we tend to be pretty busy. I also meal plan in my planner which is nice because I occasionally plan for the entire month. I also have a phrase planner for my Spanish. 🙈 I love my Spanish planner too. It has helped me get so organized with our phrases and we have replaced a considerable amount of English meal time and bathroom phrases with Spanish. Needless to say, I get excited about planners. 😁

eta: missed a few words 
  • Options
    @gutsysneakers 🙋🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @gutsysneakers here too! I'm already doing that torso-stretching thing where I push my hands down on my thighs while seated so I can breathe better!
  • Options
    lmcwlmcw member
    @gutsysneakers I feel like it takes me twice as long to climb the stairs already
  • Options
    +1 to a million weeks pregnant. And I'm not even half way yet! I was saying last night that I look at 19 wks like I did at like 28 wks last time. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Yep and I’m only 21!! He’s so low it’s just constant pain 😭 I didn’t feel this way with my first son until I was 35ish weeks 
  • Options
    @ladylynn222 Yes mine feels sooo low too! Like, when I pee, I feel the baby drop what feels like a couple inches and it does not feel good.
  • Options
    Yeah. I look and feel like I did at 30 weeks pregnant with the first two...

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Aerialmrs When I had my 20 week ultrasound he was head down cuddling my placenta. I told them that explains soooo much. He hasn’t moved either because every time I check his heartrate at home it’s so low. Move up bud it’s too early for this 😭
  • Options
    I feel like I’m getting kicked in the crotch already lol like let’s not be so low 😂
  • Options
    First time I’ve had to wait more than a few minutes at the OB. The best part of Covid was less wait there, now with restrictions loosening it looks like they are busier.

So when I scheduled my next appt she said how about 10:45 and I said oh could you give me a first of the day appt, I don’t care what day but I just need first of the day because I come on my work break. She said well since all the slots before that are filled it’s technically first of the day. 🙄🙄🙄 
  • Options
    @paulpaw Wow, that was obviously not what you meant. I can’t stand the office workers at the front desk of my OB. When I was trying to schedule my blood draw for the NIPT and also an US to check on my SCH they acted like they didn’t understand English. I kept telling them the 2 weren’t related but they refused to schedule them separately. I had to call and get my nurse to schedule my appointments for me. It really shouldn’t be that difficult. 
  • Options
  • Options
    @ladylynn222 my older son used to love using the placenta as a pillow. My husband freaked out at one ultrasound and was like, "Is that ok?? Can he breathe??"  :D My OB and I had to explain how there's no air in there anyway. lol 

• Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I agree it shouldn’t be that difficult! And you had to call after I would not be happy. I feel like there is already so much to keep track of without them adding to it. 
  • Options
    I'm glad to read other comments about baby feeling so low and dropping already. I have been freaking out today feeling like something is wrong...so much lightening crotch going on and peeing literally every 5 mins...Braxton hicks...not loving this. Only 22 weeks baby!
  • Options
    @nasalot188 It made me nervous too at first! I asked my OB about it at my 20 week appointment and she said it was fine. The only time I should start getting worried is if it’s painful, in a pattern and one more P I can’t remember right now 🙃
  • Options
    sawasapsawasap member
    I keep feeling like I'm getting kicked right in the cervix. Like, that way's closed right now bud, give it another 19 weeks and we'll see.
  • Options
    @paulpaw They refused to listen to me when I told them what the US was actually for. They acted like they were in the room with the doctor and I was in the waiting room the entire time. 🙄
  • Options
    @kissyfir1586 That video was pretty awesome.
  • Options
    Not baby related but what brand of kitchen appliances do you guys have/recommend? Looking at appliance packages for the new house! 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I sadly don’t have these but a house we offered on recently had café appliances and they were gorgeousssssss 

• Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast we recently got a KitchenAid dishwasher and love it. My parents got the full KitchenAid appliance suite when they renovated their kitchen. They loved the dishwasher and fridge but hated the microwave and oven. It's tough because I think different brands have different strengths.