Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 5/2

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee?

Re: Weeks 3-4 (8/15-8/31) Check-in 5/2

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/28

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a grapefruit I guess?

Upcoming appointments: anxiously awaiting Thursday for fetal echo/ growth scan/ midwife appt

How are you feeling?: I started taking my left over zofran as I am still vomiting every morning. I feel so much better though on that front now.

Rants/Raves: nothing that I can think of

Questions: nothing

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? I don't know.... Betty white probably

@grogu would you feel comfortable sharing the name with us? I love the plant you got in remembrance. I have named all my angel babies, my ex didn't understand, but it helped me grieve to be open about it. (I still occasionally talk about them on fb. And my first loss was over 9 years ago)
    As for your question: don't fast for the test, but eat a good breakfast with protein. Nothing high in sugar.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24 weeks 8/22

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue 💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: 5/5

How are you feeling?: good overall. I’m starting to stress about getting everything done/ready before the baby comes.  I’m hoping to finish painting DDs room this week then we can figure out when would work to move her into it.  I still need to paint DDs current room for the nursery and then we will need to get it set up for him.  I realized yesterday I’m almost to less double digits left for days and it became a lot more real.

Rants/Raves: my BFF called me last night and told me she’s 5 weeks pregnant! I’m so excited for her!! 

Questions: natm 

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head. I’ll edit if I think of someone. 

• @grogu that’s a beautiful plant. I got a lavender tree last year after my loss but my dog killed it (it was in a planter on my deck). I was heart broken but I’m planning on getting something else for that baby next year after our greenhouse is built and I know it will be safe/protected.  Sending you love as your date nears. 
  • @grogu that’s a beautiful name! 

The Planta app will tell you how often to water and help keep it happy. 

I was so upset at my dog but he was a puppy so we’ve been working on leaving plants alone. 
  • grogugrogu member
    Oh thank you! I'll look into it. 
  • @the_most_happy a couple of my friends are trying to get pregnant too and I'm so hopeful we'll all have babies close in age. My wife's BFF has a son about 6 months older than our daughter and they play together over Zoom (they live across the country) and it's really great. 

In terms of glucose test, I usually try to avoid eating much sugar in the days before. You don't have to fast but once you drink it you can't eat anything and you should only drink a couple sips of water if you have to. Also you have to drink it within 5 minutes. And they need to take your blood at exactly 1 hour after you drank it. You'll probably have terrible heartburn after. Results usually take a day or two at most.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @the_most_happy glucola test kind of sucks. It used to be that you got to the lab, they gave you the sugar drink and watched you drink it, made you sit in the lab for 1 hr and then drew the blood. From some posts here, looks like some places have given out the drinks ahead of time so people won't have to sit in the lab for an hour, but you should know that when you make an appointment. I just made my appt for 2 wks from now 😬😬😬
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8/31

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: x

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I have no clue. 

Upcoming appointments: may 11 for obgyn

How are you feeling?: I finally have a bump but it's high up! It feels so weird. Energy fluctuates - I'll be out doing yard work one day and then won't be able to keep my eyes open past 8 pm just couple days later. Wth body? 

Rants/Raves: I want it to be consistently warm already so I can plant my raised garden!!! Apparently we are forecasted to go back down to 40s after mothers day and I just refuse to believe that...

Questions: ugh I just had one and forgot. I'll come back for it. 

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, together. 

• @grogu I love her name! Now that we finally have a house, I'll probably plant forget-me-nots for my losses. I also do not have a green thumb though...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • cyanopecyanope member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25 + 2, 8/15...I think? Poor third baby!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments: May 6th for an US. Then a regular OB appointment on the 7th. I will be having ultrasounds every few weeks from here on out. Then NST's three times a week for the last 6 weeks. SO MANY appointments during the last trimester for me!

How are you feeling?: I feel like I'm slowing down. I've had to take a nap the last two days...Otherwise, just heartburn.

Rants/Raves: Add me to the baby name rant. We cannot pick names. And, since we're team green, we have to have two ready. This baby will never get a name, I swear!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? This one may be weird, but Eliza Hamilton. Obviously (like all sane people), I'm obsessed with Hamilton and read the bio too. "Burn" is my favorite song from the play and the line, "let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart." That's me!! I NEED to know how she reacted. Her thoughts and emotions. It fascinates the heck out of me. And the fact that she burned a lot of their correspondence is another layer that intrigues me. I would just love to pick her brain!

• @hannelorre, that’s a good pair for coffee! 

@the_most_happy, IIRC, my doctors office only gave chilled glucose drinks.  They said it helped it go down better?  It was still awful but I don’t know if it made a difference or not.  Also, thank you for mentioning FMLA- I had totally forgotten I was supposed to set up a meeting with out HR person to get that out of the way.  We probably need to see what DHs company policy is too- this wasn’t something I needed to be on top of last time.  DH was just going to use vacation time but he may have some other options. 

@grogu, I don’t know how I missed it but Maeve is a beautiful name. 

@Kenneylynn3, that’s a good low maintenance plant choice from what I understand. (I’ve been researching them because they are deer resistant and can be good for wet areas of your lawn and our lawn has both those problems.). Forget-me-nots tend to reseed themselves and just need watering or soil that stays more wet than dry (such as by a pond).
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @pickle-chips ooooh taika waititi coffee date would be SO fun! Are you looking forward to the next Thor? Sorry YH was a bonehead and you didn't get to rest... 

@cyanope love Hamilton. The part that gets me every time is during the last song when Eliza is talking about her orphanage. Sobfest 😭 every time. 
  • grogugrogu member
    @pickle-chips ughhh sorry he is being useless.... Hopefully it's just a cold and not covid because that would suck! 

This is the tag that was on the plant 

• @pickle-chips I don’t think I’ve said- my DDs room will be a pale pink - this is the one we are using: https://www.backdrophome.com/products/harajuku-morning-interior-standard

for the nursery we will just do a gray color. I had one I loved at our old house but I don’t remember what it was called so I’ll be starting over trying to find it again. 
  • @hannelorre I am! I was actually pretty over the Marvel universe movies/characters, tbh, but Ragnarok was so good. Very excited to see what he does with Love & Thunder. 
    @grogu oh yeah, he's fine! It was negative--thankfully. And I don't even think it was a cold?! The only verified symptom he had was a headache. I probably sound very uncompassionate, but his track record of managing himself as an adult when he is actually sick is not good. :D He later mentioned that he drank three beers on Friday night and it might have actually been a hangover...ANYWAY. I'm letting it go...clearly.
    @mrspants0809 love thank pink! 
  • cyanopecyanope member
    @hannelorre, after my comment yesterday, I've been listening to Hamilton non-stop. And yes the finale song! It's SO good!  :'(
  • cyanopecyanope member
    Also, @pickle-chips, Taika Waititi is SUCH a good answer. I'm pretty sure "What We Do in the Shadows," "Hunt For the Wilderpeople," and "Jojo Rabbit" are ALL in my top five comedies of all time. His humor is just so SPOT ON. I literally belly laugh through all of his movies. 
  • @cyanope my theory is that the Hamilton in the title is *actually* Eliza - the most compelling parts of the entire show are about Eliza (her love for A.Ham despite his low social standing, her support of his work forming the nation, grief after losing Phillip, and my favorite moment of the entire show - when she holds his hand during It's Quiet Uptown) and that finale song brings it all home. Regardless of who lives and who dies, Eliza is the one who tells the story. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Signed - a theatre teacher who just really loves Hamilton.
  • cyanopecyanope member
    @BourbonBiscuits, it was a great TED Talk! And I agree with you. Eliza = Star of the Show!
  • moeraemoerae member
    Hi ladies! I’m new here, but figured I’d post in this thread rather than in the very long introductions one (or is that violating the rules? 😬). This is my second pregnancy (DS is turning 5 in a couple of weeks!) 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25 weeks today! (Aug 19)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finally finding out on Monday!

(long story, but had to postpone my original AS scan due to travel... I am an American expat living in Europe (anybody from Estonia on here? 😝) and just returned a couple of weeks ago after spending time in the US with my parents etc. Mainly made the very nerve-wracking trip when covid numbers were shooting up to get the vaccine, since I’m not considered risk category here 😒.Thank goodness it all worked out! )

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cauliflower apparently 

Upcoming appointments: AS May 10 and follow-up May 17

How are you feeling?: anxious since I haven’t seen my doctor for a long time... also already feeling huge and stretched out, so not sure where the baby is going to fit 🙈

Rants/Raves: DS has been so sweet about the baby. Today as I was getting ready for bed, he randomly ran up to me, pulled the belly panel down and gave it a kiss 😍

Questions: when exactly do they do the glucose tolerance test? 

GTKY: What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee?Jon Stewart maybe. To rant about the current state of affairs 

• @moerae my glucose test is at my 28 week appt!
  • @moerae I will be doing my glucose test at my 28 week appointment. I’ll go to the lab, drink the drink, go to my appointment then back to the lab for the draw. 
  • moeraemoerae member
    thank you @mrspants0809 and @BourbonBiscuits! That’s reassuring to know!