Infertility

April 2021 FET

Re: April 2021 FET

• The PIO are difficult for sure!
    3 Adopted kids: <3 20 year old girl, <3 12 year old boy, <3 11 year old boy.....4th GIRL DUE Jan 5th, 2022!!!!!!

Fertility Journey starts in 2019 at one clinic to have our own. Using donor sperm, his isnt well after multiple testing- genetics. 
    We tried 3 IUI in 2019, then switched in April 2020. 

April 19th, 2021 1st FET cycle 1st HCG April 30-176.9  2nd HCG May 3- 591 7 week ultrasound May 20th went well HB 140 baby measured 7 weeks 1 day sac measured 7 weeks 2 days June 1st 9 week ultrasound June 11th 1st apt with new OBGYN- no ultrasound just a physical, labs, protein urine collection. June 14th blood work with fertility- no changes to medications continue to decrease, June 21st last blood work with fertility graduated now on to OBGYN only. June 25th 12 week NT saw the nose, arms, and legs everything normal!!! July 23rd check in with OBGYN-  heartbeat is 150! August 18th 20 week ultrasound went GREAT! Aug 19th check in with the OBGYN. Sept 15th 24 week echocardiogram normal! Sept 17th OBGYN apt heard the heartbeat! Oct 15th baby is 3.5 pounds Oct 19th OBGYN apt 28 weeks Oct 28th paperwork apt with new provider 

.....Next: Nov 2nd first apt new clinic Nov 4th OBGYN apt Nov 8th OBGYN apt Nov 10th OBGYN apt, Nov 12th Maternal Fetal 32 week ultrasound, Nov 15 OBGYN apt Nov 17th OBGYN apt 
  • Hiii all! Been a little MIA, at my in-laws for the weekend.

@BusinessWife this board did get so busy!! And no I didn’t even bother messing with it, just packed everything up with me and brought it. Triple and quadruple checked like a manic, was terrified I forgot something since I’m on like 15 meds. So far so good though...DH isn’t meeting me here until today so I had to give myself my PIO last night for the first time ever in the 3+ years we’ve done this I was so nervous lol. But a friend of mine gave me her auto-Injector and it was not bad at all. 

@sandeepa yes I am on a full immune protocol + low carb/low sugar diet after going through five embryos and RPL during my first stint at IVF a couple years ago. I had to switch clinics in order to find an RE that believed in it and would put me on the meds I needed. ***TW*** my first cycle with the new clinic worked and resulted in my now one year old daughter - and so far so good with this second try too!! I mentioned my protocol/meds on a previous post in this board if you are interested!!

@damariestomas1 congratulations! Keep all the faith, sending you lots of good vibes!  <3

And welcome/good luck to all the ladies that have transferred and waiting or are transferring soon baby dust to all!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @ellemarie7 thanks for sharing your experience. I’m sorry for your losses. 💛
    My RE has shared that he thinks my immune related concerns are ‘only theoretical’, so yeah if this fails I might need to seek out a different RE. Do you mind sharing a little more about your RPLs- were each of your pregnancies shorter than the previous? Do you have any known food intolerances / allergies? I have been doing the low carb, low sugar diet too- much more so since January this year than before. Were you on the same immune protocol for your baby girl as well? Were you given any other underlying reasons for the RPLs you experienced? Sorry for all the questions! I have so many unanswered questions on what maybe going on with me and none of the doctors seem to have any clear answers. 

I hear you ladies on the PIO! 😄 I had to give my own PIO a few days ago too- for me it seems to sting a lot less when I insert and remove the needle quickly. I hope that helps someone! 

@vl__2019 🤞🏽 for your transfer, not too long to go! Excited for you! 
  • @ellemarie7 I hope you are enjoying a nice visit!  Trigger has me feeling super cranky, but otherwise good.  Starting to get nervous leading up to everything...  It's going to be a bit of a crazy week, but I guess in a way work can be a healthy distraction.  I found a couple random boards full of ladies saying how they didn't have success with their better graded embryos, but actually had luck with the ones that weren't as pretty!  So that was giving me hope a few nights ago. :)
  • I didnt even know the grade of the embryo that was transferred. On the photo we receive it says Embryo #4 but we only have three frozen. So I dont know. 6 days until BETA!!!

@BusinessWife The trigger shot made me all sorts of grumpy. I work overnights in the hospital so my partner drives over at 5:30am to give me my PIO and trigger shots if I am working :smiley:
    3 Adopted kids: <3 20 year old girl, <3 12 year old boy, <3 11 year old boy.....4th GIRL DUE Jan 5th, 2022!!!!!!

Fertility Journey starts in 2019 at one clinic to have our own. Using donor sperm, his isnt well after multiple testing- genetics. 

April 19th, 2021 1st FET cycle 1st HCG April 30-176.9  2nd HCG May 3- 591 7 week ultrasound May 20th went well HB 140 baby measured 7 weeks 1 day sac measured 7 weeks 2 days June 1st 9 week ultrasound June 11th 1st apt with new OBGYN- no ultrasound just a physical, labs, protein urine collection. June 14th blood work with fertility- no changes to medications continue to decrease, June 21st last blood work with fertility graduated now on to OBGYN only. June 25th 12 week NT saw the nose, arms, and legs everything normal!!! July 23rd check in with OBGYN-  heartbeat is 150! August 18th 20 week ultrasound went GREAT! Aug 19th check in with the OBGYN. Sept 15th 24 week echocardiogram normal! Sept 17th OBGYN apt heard the heartbeat! Oct 15th baby is 3.5 pounds Oct 19th OBGYN apt 28 weeks Oct 28th paperwork apt with new provider 

.....Next: Nov 2nd first apt new clinic Nov 4th OBGYN apt Nov 8th OBGYN apt Nov 10th OBGYN apt, Nov 12th Maternal Fetal 32 week ultrasound, Nov 15 OBGYN apt Nov 17th OBGYN apt 
  • Today was my 3rd shot of PIO, and ive been having cramps, is this normal?
  • @sheenaco. Not sure how many eggs you had / had fertilize, but what happens is they are watching them all, right?  So let's say you have 10 eggs, they are all going to get a number, (and I assume that number is still there from the beginning regardless of whether or not they even fertilize).  So the ones that fertilize they are going to keep watching, and the ones that make it to freeze are the last one standing.  So at the end you are left with three, but maybe they were #4, #6, and #9.  Does that make sense?
  • @BusinessWife We actually went down to our beach condo for the weekend. The weather was nice so it was great to get some R&R! But your exactly right today I'm pregnant and that's amazing!

@sandeepa thanks so much! Do you mind me asking what your hcg levels were on your first beta? 
  • @damariestomas1 I had my first BETA today and my Hcg was 837. I had a sudden drop in symptoms toward the end of last week so I was fearing the worst. I’m honestly still in disbelief. Hoping the numbers for my second BETA will be where they need to be. 
    Keeping my fingers crossed for your second BETA too!  🤞🏽💛
  • sheenacosheenaco member
    edited April 2021
    @BusinessWife ah that makes sense. 

Ah I have my first BETA Friday morning. Then second BETA on Monday morning. I have not done a pregnancy test at home. I ended up getting some but am going to just wait it out since it is 3 days away. 

@sandeepa CONGRATS!! I hope I have good news Friday. Do you have any symptoms? I saw your transfer was April 15th. Ours was April 19th- this 2WW is awful. This is our first IVF frosty after 3 IUI fail attempts. 

• @sheenaco thank you! My first BETA Hcg was pretty high, I don’t think that’s in the traditional range, so I’m trying to maintain cautious optimism for my second BETA today esp since I lost a lot of symptoms last week that I was having in the earlier part of the week. The only symptom that has remained is small amounts of stringy particles in my pee. I have also had this for my previous pregnancies. Are you having any symptoms? I had no symptoms at all for my first pregnancy and this time around too the RE cautioned me that symptoms can change or be completely absent, the only clear indication is the BETA. I’m wishing you the best for Friday! Sending you all the baby dust!
    @vl__2019 transfer day is here!! Wishing you all the best for today! 
  • @sandeepa thank you, everything went well....I’m officially PUPO!! Trying to just relax, Beta is on May 7th 🤞🏽🤞🏽
  • Congratulations!!! @vl__2019 Right here waiting with you, lady! 🤞🤞🤞
  • @BusinessWife yay wen is ur beta?
  • @sandeepa I have been having off and on cramping. Now at 10 day past FET and started to have period like cramping that is more intense. Excited to be able to find out my first BETA. But I never know if its the cramps from implantation or progesterone. I have been more tired but having to wake up daily to do the progesterone shots at 7:30am. Your HCG first BETA is really high (any chance of multiples?), when is your second? Our second BETA is Monday. This is our first FET. It is so anxiety producing!!! I almost cracked and took a HPT but wanted to wait on the call from the fertility place. 

• pri09pri09 member
    Hi ladies! I’ve just found this- just had my fet today!
  • Congratulations @pri09 Good luck!
  • When is everyone elses BETA? My first one is tomorrow!! 

• @sheenaco I hear you on the anxiety! It is real! With my history of miscarriages it has all felt quite a bit more nerve wracking. With my first BETA result I do not think we have multiples because we transferred only one embryo- however the RE didn’t seem to mind the high result.  My second BETA was on Wednesday and my Hcg was 1413. My RE had hoped I would make at least double but I didn’t. He did say though that he looks for at least a 67% increase and my results made it in at 69%. With my history of miscarriages however, he wanted me to do another test on Friday, he’s hoping that at least this one would be double. With all my strength I’m hoping so too. All the best for your BETA tomorrow!! 🤞🏽 For you! 

Baby dust for everyone that’s had a transfer recently! Take care ladies! 

• I know I am going to be scared to answer the phone. I am worried with limited amount of symptoms or always symptom searching... it is just such a process to start over. 

• @sheenaco I had almost no symptoms in early days.  If I didn't know I had transferred I'm sure I wouldn't have thought anything of it!  Take heart!

@sandeepa. Oof that beta limbo is the worst.  I'm glad the numbers are nice and high for now!  You are pregnant!!!! Fx you get a nice ride with the next result to put everyone's mind at ease. ❤️
  • @sheenaco good luck today🤞🏽🤞🏽
  • pri09pri09 member
    Thank you so much! Good luck everyone!
  • pri09pri09 member
    🤞 good luck
  • @pri09 hows ur wait going?? Im trying not to drive myself crazy lol
  • Well got the call that I am pregnant!!! HCG is 176.9 and have second BETA Monday they want it to go up 60%. 

• @sheenaco Yay!!! Congratulations 🎉 so excited for you!
    @BusinessWife thanks so much! 
    My Hcg result for today’s test came in at 2700+ so my RE feels pretty satisfied that my it’s  progressing in a linear manner- this is good news and we are overjoyed! Our first ultrasound is on May 10. 🤩
  • @sheenaco yay!! Congratulations 💃🏽💃🏽

@sandeepa beautiful betaa..can’t wait for the sono!!❤️❤️🥰
  • @sandeepa Wow your BETA is really high!

• pri09pri09 member
    edited May 2021
    @vl__2019 i don’t know how many more Netflix shows I can watch! Are you planning on testing soon?? I’m trying not to give in to temptation 
  • pri09pri09 member
    edited May 2021
    Congrats!!! 🎉 @sandeepa & @sheenaco
  • @pri09 im trying not to also😩😩...away from home for my bday this weekend, thought that wud distract me..it didn’t 😩😩
  • pri09pri09 member
    edited May 2021
    @vl__2019 happy birthday!! It’s mine too next weekend! I’m hoping for this as a birthday present 
  • @pri09 hopefully this will b our birthday gifts!!...im so tempted to test but i know its way too early.

@BusinessWife how are u handling ur tww?
  • @sheenaco yeah for week 4 it was pretty high, I think the week 5 range goes all the way to 7000 so it’s within range.. but honestly, I have wondered if our embryo split into two, but I think thats unlikely because it we transferred a hatched blastocyst. 
    Happy birthday @pri09 🎂🥳🎉
    I’m wishing the same for you two birthday gals- it would be the best present! 💛
  • sheenacosheenaco member
    edited May 2021
    Good luck everyone else waiting to test. We go Monday for second BETA and goal is to increase by 60%. Then we will find out the next steps. 

• @vl__2019 Hanging in there!  Keeping the faith!  How are you doing?  I always have this emotional rollercoaster, it's so tough. Yesterday, I was convinced I was out, today I'm feeling more hopeful again... at least I've been keeping busy so it doesn't feel like it's dragging really.  Are you staying busy?
  • pri09pri09 member
    I stupidly tested today (4dpt) I was very optimistic but it was very very negative- I even at one point decided to trick myself into believing i could see something (something - I’m not sure what)

Has this happened to anyone ? And it be positive the next day or couple or Days? I’m at the point of my tww where I’m almost hysterical, cynical and all types of moods! 

• @pri09 Lurking here - I didn't test until 6 days past transfer, and it was super light, so I would give it a couple days. I first used pregmate strips, and it was suuuuuper light. The FRER was darker. Anyway. Give it a couple days :) 
  • @sheenaco 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽 For your second BETA today!! Sending good juju your way! 

@pri09 I’ve read that you usually have to wait at least 6-7 days after transfer to test for pregnancy. I tested 7 days after transfer. I hear you on the changing moods- I was so certain that I was losing the baby, I pretty much went to BETA expecting to confirm the loss. 
    I know it’s not easy to do, especially in a process full of unknowns, but Iv been told the more you keep your mind off it, the better. I have the tendency to overthink and stress too much, it’s been quite the exercise to control that in order to reduce the cortisol going to the baby!