Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 4/26

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

***If you are having a hard day Re: TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy, or labor & delivery experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WAYDTGKU:

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: Do pineapples belong on pizza? And what is your favorite pizza? 

Re: TFAS w/o 4/26

• What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 3/2

WAYDTGKU: PNV BBT

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Boys- 1 and 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Getting anxious to see if I ovulate - I’m not a patient person unfortunately 

Any questions? No not really 

Rant/Rave? If just been cleaning all day and my oldest has speech later. I’ve realized after a week of doing the daily WTO with my husband out of town I have nothing to talk about other than the kids because I don’t get a break ever. It’s made me appreciate him a little more I think. 

Pineapple on pizza is an atrocity. However my two favorite pizzas are (ironically) grape and gorganzala and Pesto margarita. I used to work at a gourmet pizza place in college as a waitress and now I’m a pizza snob haha
  • @daisy0322 I feel that way all the time.  Like I do nothing but work and hangout with my son.  My husband works nights so I don't even see him that much haha. So I rarely have much else to talk about haha. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WAYDTGKU: bbt, pnv

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 year old son

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Getting my second vaccine like the day I am supposed to ovulate.  Still haven't decided if we should bench or not. 

Any questions? nope. 

Rant/Rave?  My son starts t-ball this weekend.  We are all so excited. 

GTKY: Do pineapples belong on pizza? And what is your favorite pizza?  YES!!!!!!!! my favorite pizza is pineapple and jalapeño. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Loading the player...
  • @daisy0322 Your thoughts on this cycle are keepin' it 100. I am not a patient person either. All the waiting of TTC is a real drag. 

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPKs, tracking CM (which is highly accurate for me) 

WTO/TWW? TWW 

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 1/2 boy. 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I hate waiting! My cycles are completely within the normal range, but they are 32-35 days (this one will be 35) and it's AN ENTIRE EXTRA WEEK over what we learn is "normal." So, even though I know it's not actually *long* by range standards, I spend a lot of time being annoyed that I always feel like I'm waiting an extra week to ovulate and then an extra week for AF/testing. I also know that I have some health issues that can prevent me from ovulating in any given cycle, so I am trying to be proactive about those (it's simple enough lifestyle crap, and I'm so lucky for that) & putting my body in a more ideal place for TTC. Sorry, I guess it was a little bit "my thoughts are frustrations about my cycle." 

Any questions? No. 

Rant/Rave? I would like it to be May now, like somehow all the crap that has been terrible the last few weeks will magically stop being terrible if we switch months on the calendar. (Never works out for me, but I always want it to work that way.)

GTKY: Do pineapples belong on pizza? And what is your favorite pizza? Yes, emphatically, yes, pineapples belong on pizza! My favorite pizza right now, though, is this roasted siracha brussel sprouts and goat cheese pizza from a local place OR this super garlic spinach chicken one from there. 
  • What number are you trying for? #3

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WAYDTGKU: DTD, charting... took an OPK today

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Girl- 10, Boy- 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? seems normal so far

Any questions? nothing right now

Rant/Rave? I was overzealous and took an OPK this morning even though it's way too early in my cycle (day 7), oh well... I guess you just never know

GTKY: Do pineapples belong on pizza? And what is your favorite pizza? nope, no pineapple on pizza, MH loves it but he also loves anchovies and I just can't get on board with those either
    @daisy0322 grape and gorgonzola?  that sounds like an interesting combination
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• What number are you trying for? 3<div>
    </div><div>Month/Cycle? Treatment 1 (after battling 30+ months of infertility)</div><div>
    </div><div>WAYDTGKU: Natural FET Cycle</div><div>
    </div><div>WTO/TWW? TWW</div><div>
    </div><div>Ages of other child(ren)? 8m, 2.5+</div><div>
    </div><div>Any thoughts about this cycle? I just want this cycle to work so badly (duh). But if it doesn't, we only have one more embryo left, and that will be it for our bio kids. :/</div><div>
    </div><div>Any questions? Nah</div><div>
    </div><div>Rant/Rave?  Potty training has been going so great!  We are solidly in week 2, and today we switched to undies instead of, "potty pants."  She's pretty much dry all day until she has to poop, so I guess we'll have to be on the lookout for that.</div><div>
    </div><div>GTKY: Do pineapples belong on pizza? And what is your favorite pizza?  Would not be my go-to.  I'll try it if it's with bacon maybe?  Or the jalapeno sounds like it could be good?  But normally I like my pizza a bit more... italianate. Lol the grape gorgonzola sounds amazing! @daisy0322   one of my vegetarian go-tos is green olive, mushroom, onion, and I also like a good meat lovers.  But lately we've been doing the white pies with spinach and mushroom, or roasted garlic and broccoli.  Or just roasted garlic?  Mmmm...  Which one is low carb? Lolz</div>
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited April 2021

Month/Cycle? 2 I guess? Been NTNP pretty much the whole time 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, CM, OPKs this month to see if I’m even ovulating.

WTO/TWW? WTO but wrapping up AF

Ages of other child(ren)? 9.5m

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m nervous to be trying again. Even when we were just NTNP, the negative tests made me sad. It’s like I get immediately transported back into all the IF feelings. I’m scared this will take as long as last time and I don’t think I could handle it again emotionally. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? Rave- DD is at such a fun age right now, I keep feeling like “this is the most fun time” and then the next phase happens. In the last week she has started clapping and it’s so cute. And one of the best things is she still can’t crawl yet 😆 
    Rant- I’ve been feeling meh since I got the 1st covid vaccine on Thursday. The combination of that and then getting AF Friday has been hell on my stomach. On the plus side, I feel lighter haha 

GTKY: Do pineapples belong on pizza? And what is your favorite pizza? I’d typically say no but my favorite pizza has pineapple on it! DH loves Hawaiian pizza but I’ve never been a fan. My favorite one has grilled pineapple, bacon, onions, ham, red peppers, and sweet chili sauce. Mmmmm so good. 
  • @ReadyForaB alright pinapple with jalopenos with bacon and Gorgonzola could be good 😂 

@beakay8 Im glad I’m not the only one! My husband just always is so la de da we will have the kids we are supposed to have lol and I’m like now I want them right now haha 

@j@jlbaker08 Im frequently overzealous - it’s a fun way to live haha 

@BusinessWife  congratulations on potty training! My 3 year old still has accidents occasionally but potty training was seriously the worst part of parenting ever lol he had zero interest. I’ll be praying for you/thinking of you this cycle! I hope your transfer goes well ❤️

• @daisy0322 I’m not patient either. I bought OPKs this month also to see if I get an LH surge or not. I’ve noticed PP I get EWCM way towards the end of my cycles and I don’t get O pain like I used to, so I’m kind of wondering if I am. I hope everything is working as expected for you. Both of those pizzas sound amazing!

@ReadyForaB watching t ball is so fun and adorable! Hope he loves it!

@beakay8 here’s to hoping May will be better, I’m with ya there. That would be frustrating waiting the extra weeks, as if waiting doesn’t feel long enough. Also, I want that Brussels / sriracha pizza, that sounds right up my alley!

@jlbaker08 lol, you were just warming up! 

@businesswife I haven’t been great at keeping up, when was the transfer? Fx! Glad potty training is going well. 
  • @b_1029 thanks! I have my hopes all kinds up in the sky lol my OPKs are lining up getting slightly darker all the time and my temps are in the pre ovulating range. CM is looking on target. I just need my tumble weed ovaries to not be slackers. I hope the OPKs are helpful for you too! here’s to us both ovulating 🥂
  • @daisy0322 Oh yeah, once we agree we're reading to start trying for a baby, my brain goes immediately into "so right now; no waiting, just right now?" No, brain, that still isn't how this works. 

@BusinessWife I'm glad to hear potty training is going well! We need to potty train our 2.5 yo but I very much do not want to. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the worst part of our parenting journey so far. 
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 2/1 of actually trying but we’ve been NTNP since January 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, bought the Mira ovulation tester thing and that should arrive today 

WTO/TWW? CD1 

Ages of other child(ren)? Son is 9.5 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Echoing the waiting announce on a “long” cycle. Pre-pregnancy my cycle was around 31-32 days. This most recent cycle was 35. It’s only the difference if a few days but it totally messes with me because I feel like I’m late (with looooots of BFNs) but really maybe my cycle is just a bit longer PP. 

Any questions? Not really. 

Rant/Rave? Echoing @b_1029@b_1029 but 9 months is so fun. He gets more personality every day and it’s really fun to watch. DH is a SAHD and it’s really sweet to see what great buddies they already are. 

GTKY: Do pineapples belong on pizza? And what is your favorite pizza? Absolutely!! I love pineapple and jalapeño especially. My favorite pizza is St. Louis style, super duper thin crust with provel cheese but when I can’t get that (I live in Minneapolis so no StL pizza up here) I prefer a hand tossed or Neapolitan style crust with classic Italian toppings. But I also love a frou-frou pizza. My favorite pizza place in town does an awesome Korean bbq pizza. Now I want pizza...

@daisy0322 tumbleweed ovaries 😂 I’m 40 so I’m definitely stealing that reference. 

• @beakay8. I was one of those crazy moms who started introducing it at like 15-18m?  Just low-key, showing her the potty, she got to try on undies, had a couple books out about it etc.  A couple times we tried in earnest and she had a little success!?  But then I think she just wasn't totally ready yet, so I didn't push it.  She would fight diaper changes, so I thought great!  We can do potty! Lol but then she would go stiff as a board and kick and fight the potty too, so I'm like. 🤷 Something just clicked for her at like 2y + 6 or 7 months where she was just ready!  She is happy to actually sit on it, and I only had to bribe her a few times in the beginning lol. We had some luck very early on setting her up and letting her play on my phone for a while (which we Never do) so that was a super fun reward, just for sitting on the potty.  Eventually she tinkled because she wasn't thinking about it!  You'll find what works for your kid. :)

@b_1029 oh that is so magical!  I sort of feel like that never stops happening, just when you think it can't get any better ... It does! 😊 Babies clapping is pretty much the cutest thing ever.  I will sypm when I get a minute. ❤️ Also, that pizza!!! Omg I might have to try that some time.

@daisy1022 omg tumbleweeds!?? Lol ☠️ I'm sure accidents are bound to happen.  I'm not sure yet how quickly we will transition from potty pants to undies, but I suspect we'll still be using both for a while.

@jlbaker08 lol CD7 you never know!  I sometimes have shorter cycles, so I would start with one a day if it's early on like this, and then two a day once I start to see some action, and even three once I'm pretty sure it's about to happen. GL!

@ReadyForaB T ball sounds like so much fun! 
  • @BusinessWife We have had some minimal success around bath time, and in the morning, he's started pretend playing taking all his stuffed animals to the bathroom first thing. I think we need to pick a time to start and stay consistent, but it's so difficult. I feel fortunate that his pre-school includes very low-stress potty introduction, too, to keep up with it and he sees his friends using the potty at school. I think we're definitely getting closer to fully ready; we've been open with him about the potty and encouraged him in it, and are definitely letting him know that's a skill we're going to help him learn. He is very independent, so usually once he realizes that something gives him more independence (and he hates diaper changes now), he somewhat embraces the frustration of learning a new skill. Potty training is a big skill! I really appreciate your post with your journey/daughter's readiness cues/and some rewards for it. That's so helpful to read! 
  • @beakay8 I know boys are different but we waited until my daughter was 3 and i barely had to do anything. Before that point we had a potty that she could use if she wanted to (and I tried bribing her a little if she woke up dry or was dry for a long time when I knew she’d be successful). And then about a month after she turned 3 her daycare was closed for a covid case so we went for it. I put her in underwear and set a timer for 1.5 hours and made her try when the timer went off. I increased the time by 5 minutes every day and by the end of the week she was telling me when she needed to go. There were rewards involved too. I might have just gotten lucky but if it’s hard he may not be ready. 
  • @ReadyForaB  @daisy0322  Same. When my kids were at home all day with me, that's literally all I had going on in my life. They've been at school for a couple weeks now, and now my life is cleaning the house and kids, haha. Not a whole lot to share. 

@beakay8  I'm the same way! I'm always saying, "well, at least we have a new month soon" or "yay, a new year", like it really matters   :smile:

@jlbaker08  I've totally taken OPKs way early. At least the cheap ones. Once I wanted to see if there was a distinct progression of darkening line as each day went on. It totally didn't work, haha. But yeah, you never know, and you definitely don't want to miss it, so pee away  :D

@BusinessWife yay for successful potty training! Pooping is always so hard for them at first. It took my 2.5 year old an hour of up and down off the potty before he finally pooped on it, and that was that. But that was a fraught hour here, for sure! 

@b_1029  I still go through that "oh, this is best age" thing with my oldest, and he's 4! The challenges become different, but oh man, to see their personalities and abilities develop, it's just so much fun. And your favorite pizza sounds like one of mine - the Maui Zowie from Round Table. We almost had that for dinner last night, but I felt extra lazy and decided on microwave hot dogs, haha. 

@rachelredhead Oh wow, Korean BBQ pizza sounds AMAZING! 

What number are you trying for?  3

Month/Cycle? 15/?

WAYDTGKU: FET on 4/19

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 and 2.5, both boys

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm feeling really optimistic. My beta is tomorrow morning, and I'm jumping out of my skin over it. I'm just so hopeful, but also trying to temper it - it's a hard balance to strike. 

TW - loss
     My 4 year old has been talking about having a baby sister for months, ever since our loss last April. It's weird - he didn't really say much about it when it happened, we didn't really explain it to him other than 'it just didn't work out, maybe we can have a baby sister in the future'. He seemed to be fine with that explanation, but he draws family pictures with a baby sister in it... it just pulls at my heartstrings. I just want to come through for us.  

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? While the kids have been at school all day, I've been cleaning the house systematically, and I feel so great about it. I hate sitting amongst clutter, and I could never keep up with it during isolation. 

GTKY: Do pineapples belong on pizza? And what is your favorite pizza?  I'm fine with it, but only on the Maui Zowie from Round Table. I'm pretty partial to Chicago-style deep dish. One of my favorites has chicken, jalapeños, onions, and cilantro on top. 
  • @bows22 That's a smart approach too. Unless a better time presents itself, I may wait until my son's daycare is closed for two weeks for summer vacation and really concentrate on potty training then when we'll be home for at least one of those weeks with him. He'll be  2 y 9 m about that time. I *think* he's supposed to be potty trained by August school start, but I should probably confirm that with the Director. I know it's a bit different with him being in a preschool and not a daycare. 
  • @Lisa3379 Oh yeah, I'm always thinking "Ah yes, a new month/week/year, things will be better now!" or "I can try again!" and then about mid-month, nothing is better or different and my brain reminds me that we affect change on our lives, not the calendar, a thing humans made up anyway to mark time passing! I haven't really committed to that in almost 33 years, but maybe eventually I'll stop making meaning out of arbitrary things? Though, it can be useful to jumpstart my makes changes, or doing something new or doing something at all. I *do* love when it's the end of a calendar year and I get to start pushing things off to the next year, and I'll say, "That's next year's problem" like that is so far away when really it's Dec. 20 and it's in 11 days. 
  • i will be back for tags, promise <3

Month/Cycle? 5/6

WAYDTGKU: for right now, i think i'm heavily leaning to a ntnp summer

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 16mos

Any thoughts about this cycle? we are without child this weekend for a wedding... looks like it could be O time... 

Any questions? natm

Rant/Rave? it's so NICE today, although tomorrow we're jumping to upper 80s which is a little like SLOW DOWN. really liking my standing desk adaptor, would say a solid 50/50 standing/sitting so far today

GTKY: Do pineapples belong on pizza? And what is your favorite pizza? yes, they do. i am open to all forms of pizza be it greasy drunk pizza, deep dish, fancy bougie pizza. i don't discriminate. one of my fave pizzas is our local brick oven place, they do an arugula and prosciutto pizza. yum. 
  • @Lisa3379 what cleaning schedule are you using? I need to get more organized. Recently I went through the kids toys and separated them out to have 3 rotations and it’s been amazing 
  • boymama2018boymama2018 member
    edited April 2021
    What number are you trying for? #2!

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WAYDTGKU: CBAD OPK, prenatals +, period tracking. 

WTO/TWW? WTO.....soon.

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5 y/o boy  :)

Any thoughts about this cycle? being back in the saddle is wow, fun but tiring!! NEED one more day in there. The plan is for tomorrow and its probably the most important of the days. Fingers crossed we get it done. 

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave? can't wait to wear a tank with my leggings tomorrow since it will be 80*!!

GTKY: Do pineapples belong on pizza? And what is your favorite pizza? I am half Italian and my husband is 100% Italian so no haha. We love Sicilian pies, grandma pies, I love marinara slices. Our local place has lemon chicken pizza which is about as crazy as we get. We keep it pretty classic up in here. 
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WAYDTGKU: Tracking cycle & BBT, OPKs, taking PNVs

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 6mo (girl)

Any thoughts about this cycle? This seems to my first 'normal' cycle PP. I've had three periods so far, and those were all kinds of wonky, but I expected that since it's so soon after I gave birth. I don't even recall getting O pain or EWCM during those cycles. It threw my stats off, though, which is super confusing. I'm such a planner, so to not have that to rely on is driving me crazy. I got a flashing smiley on my CB digital OPK this morning, so fingers-crossed I actually ovulate this cycle. 

Any questions?

Rant/Rave? Rant - I miss my pre-pregnancy boobs. They were way more fun to play with the first time around when we were TTC.
    Rave - My TikTok leggings should be here soon. After months of wearing the same type of outfit (t-shirt, jeans or yoga pants, cardigan) I'm finally starting to enjoy getting dressed and putting outfits together.

Hell no. I just don't like the combo. Tomato sauce is sweet enough for me.
    Favorite pizza varies, and usually depends on where we're getting it from. I'm pretty easy to please, though. A simple margherita pizza or pepperoni & cheese is good enough for me. There's a pizza place in MH's home town that has a spanakopita pizza that is amazeballs, though.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @daisy0322 I've yet to really nail down a schedule that works well. Thanks to the suggestion from @BusinessWife, I started watching videos by Faith and Flour for some guidance. Every day I make beds, vacuum the main room we hang out in, mostly because the dogs drag in tons of plant stuff from the backyard, and generally tidy up. Then weekly I do bedding/towels, vacuum whole house, dust, meal plan, and clean bathrooms. I mop every other week or so, and then there are other things that I do once a month, like a deeper kitchen cleaning, clean the fridge, etc. My original plan was to do laundry just once a week, but LOL - my 2.5 keeps peeing so much at night that it goes through his diaper and I'm washing pee sheets about 4 or 5 days a week. So yeah, laundry almost every day. 

• @Lisa3379 You are so good!  I have been saying I'm going to get more cleaning done on the couple days my SIL takes the girls, but it's hard because I'm literally stuck to my computer the whole day. :/. I will re watch this though for some motivation! Lol
  • @Lisa3379 thanks I’ll look at that. I know Pinterest has a lot of good print out schedules too!

@babyodo PP cycles are so weird I didn’t have any between my last two kids and I’ve had i think 3 this time. TW- I had a MC in March. END TW But my last period seems like my first back to normal one. Kelly mom had some good resources on it if you were recently or still are nursing. 

@boymama2018  what are Grandma pies? 

@anniemarie887 I just realized my youngest is the same age as your kiddo! He just turned 16 months and has been so fun I’ve really enjoyed this age with him. He’s so much fiestier than my other son though, I’m nervous for the 2.5-3.5 age with him haha. Are you enjoying the toddler time? 

@BusinessWife @rachelredhead Im glad you like my tumbleweed comparison 😅 sitting in the RE office when they told me there wasn’t anything they could do because my ovaries were dead that is just how I pictured them. Then it stuck because when I got pregnant the second time my OB said my uterus was like the Wild West there are no rules anymore haha when she heard his heart beat I thought she was going to fall over 
  • Looking for opinions now that I'm on this TTGP journey.  TW*
    My brother and sister-in-law have been TTGP for 3 years and been unsuccessful.  They've just started having tests done to see what's going on.  Since we just started trying, I want to be able to talk to her about our experiences but still be considerate of where she's coming from.  I know a lot of the science behind IF but not the mental and emotional stuff.  Our other sister-in-law says things like "it'll happen when God is ready to give you a baby", which I know SIL is hurt by.  And our MIL doesn't get it so she hounds them about grandchildren. How can I be supportive for her while I'm still in the early stages?

• @jlbaker08 is she open about their journey or private? I know for me a friend started trying when we were pretty far into it and it annoyed me when she’d be like “Aw man, cycle 1 (or 2) wasn’t successful” but that’s just me. I’d just say be considerate, obviously you are excited but once you’re that far into it, ttc is 0% exciting and it’s hard to hear that like oh I remember when I was excited 3 years ago. 
    Also that’s probably just my personality that’s more cynical and bitter. 
  • @b_1029 I think she's been private about it so far, but I've only recently entered the mix.  Most of my in laws live on the west coast and since we got married April 1st, I just got to meet them in the last 6 weeks or so.  My BIL has opened up to MH a little bit, but my SIL has shared information with me that she hasn't talked to other people in the family about up to this point.
    I want her to feel like she can talk to me about it if she needs an ear (and I think she does), but now that we're trying too I want to be careful not to "rub salt on the wound" so to speak.

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited April 2021
    @jlbaker08 gotcha. I don’t really have advice on how to share your journey with her past what I said before, but in terms of being supportive to her I’d just try to keep listening when she talks to you about it and not giving advice unless she asks. I know for me the most helpful was when people were like “ugh that really sucks” and were empathetic, not “I know a person who did XYZ and got pregnant” type thing.
    eta it also helped to feel acknowledged, like every so often if people asked how everything was going. Not that I wanted to be asked all the time, but every once in a while was good (this is assuming she doesn’t talk to you about it haha)
  • @jlbaker08 so I have kind of a weird situation where in not supposed to be able to get pregnant but I keep being able to so I’ve been on both sides of this. I would say when you get ready to announce give her a heads up by text. I’m always very happy for people when they’re pregnant but I also have a momentary pity party internally and I’m always worried I’m not going to react the way I want (like just look sad when I’m really happy for them). But really I mean I’ve had a lot of friends come to me when they’re trying to get pregnant and they just started but are frustrated. I dont mind really if they go about it in a way that doesn’t feel like they’re comparing their 4 months to my dead ovaries. I think she needs to come to you for that relationship though in her end. I would maybe just start out by politely changing the topic when your MIL starts asking for grandchildren or depending on your relationship with her nicely bringing up that it may not be coming off as intended. 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited April 2021
    @daisy0322 @jlbaker08 oooo yes to the text. It’s much better to be able to react in private than have to pretend to be super excited in person. It would also be better hearing it from you rather than social media, if you all announce on there. Also agree on the comparison. We can all agree that the waiting game of ttc sucks whether you’ve been trying for a couple months or a couple years since once the idea is in your head, you want to get pregnant right away. But it would annoy me so much when my friend would whine to me about it not happening in a couple months when we were almost at 2 years when they started. And I think I ended up getting pregnant the 2nd cycle or so that they were trying so her whining ramped up about the wait and I was like really???! Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t meant the last 2 years disappeared 😐
    edited April 2021
    @daisy0322 It is usually square (like Sicilian) with fresh mozzarella slices, tomato's and fresh basil. A bit different than the regular pizza slice! I would say its less heavy/greasy!
  • @boymama2018 where are you I’m coming over that sounds amazing 
  • @daisy0322 New York!! Come on over  <3
  • @boymama2018 Our place has grandma pies as well and we haven't ordered bc we were sure what it was (and felt stupid asking) It literally just says, "grandma pie," on the menu with no description. Lol So thank you!  I would probably like that.  I was afraid it might be super doughey, like I'm not a fan of deep dish?  I much prefer a lighter crust that lets the toppings shine. 😁
  • This whole thread is making me crave pizza SO BAD! 
  • edited April 2021
    @b_1029 Right?  I recently picked up a couple cauliflower crusts (for me) and non-dairy cheese (for DH).  I might have to get adventurous this weekend...
  • YIKES! i'm back a day later... hope i'm not missing anyone!!!
    @Lisa3379 i am jealous of your ability to keep your house that clean! i just got an alert the roomba failed at its job today... lol
    @BusinessWife we are also going to try for the slow introduction to the potty... we got a little one that is sitting in our bathroom right now, and C checks it out every chance she has. i would love to start working on it at 18 mos and stop buying daytime diapers, but i know that's very ambitious. 
    @daisy0322 oh yes, this age is so great! my daughter is WILD tho. truly no care for her own safety, climbs on everything, we're just getting to the point now where she's really picking up words and i love it. i am def curious to see how strong willed the turns out. 
    @jlbaker08 i dont know what IF feels like, but my college bestie/sorority sister had TW**** 3 back to back miscarriages at the end of my pregnancy/newborn baby stage*** and i know i just always checked in with how she was feeling, not specific to IF or the losses, but like just a how are you today? she wound up telling me that she didn't me to hold back sharing any of the milestones we were having with our baby while she was struggling and i think that's a good baseline to set.
    @ReadyForaB mmm i also support the jalapeño
    @beakay08 i also relate to the "i'm just done with this month" sentiments, let's get the show on the road!!
    @b_1029 and @rachelredhead that 9.5 month age is a blast, so much is changing so quickly and they're just becoming little people! i loved it!!
    @babyodo man i miss my actual prego boobs, i am so flat now. i tried on a swimsuit last night... i look like a preteen. so sad.
    @boymama2018 oh i've never heard of grandma pies... now i'm going to be on the lookout!

• @anniemarie887 This morning I had to take my toddler to be COVID tested because he spiked a high fever yesterday that he still has today and has a worsening cough. Praying he doesn't have COVID, but not thrilled either way he has a viral infection. He isn't slowed down at all by it, which is so bizarre to me. He's grumpy but otherwise totally active, still has a good appetite. Like, *really April*? REALLY? 
  • @beakay8 ugh the worst, i'm glad he's acting ok though!. we had to do a covid test back in october for a super high fever... wound up being roseola. 
    edited April 2021
    @anniemarie887 @BusinessWife Yessss. Usually they are square, at least they are here in NY (I am in a suburb 40 mins outside of the city). Typically grandmas are lighter, a bit more sauce than the regular slice with basil and fresh mozzarella slices scattered and much thinner than a Sicilian. We also have an upside down pie that I forgot about. The cheese is the first layer and the sauce is the top layer! Its so good. Its so weird how just layering the two ingredients differently makes a difference lol. Also, I love making our own cauliflower pizzas! Well, me more than my husband. He makes the real deal on the barbecue with the pizza stone.