November 2021 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in 3/25

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es).

Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

Previous loss(es)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up? 

GTKY: What quirks do you have? 
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: PGAL Check-in 3/25

• Options
    I probably belong in this group over the infertility one,  while I have been dealing with secondary infertility for the last 2 years, I hadn't started fertility treatments yet. 

Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?  7ish weeks, 1 boy earthside

Previous loss(es)? 2 early losses at 5 weeks back to back, and then a missed miscarriage at 7 weeks we didn't find until my 9 week u/s last November. This pregnancy was our first cycle trying after that. 

Overall pretty good, it is hard to get too excited, but I'm trying to stay positive and focus on the positive stats that say you have a better chance of staying pregnant if you get pregnant within 3 months of a miscarriage,  but who knows. 

My symptoms with this one so far have been more in line with my first/successful pregnancy, so I'm also trying to hang onto that. 

Any appointment updates? Had an u/s at 6 weeks and they found a heartbeat, and i have another u/s at 9ish weeks. I'll feel better if that one goes well. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up? Being about where I was when the baby stopped growing last time has got me questioning every symptom,  and whether or not they are fading 😕, the waiting and unknown of it all sucks so much.  I wish I could just know with 100% certainty that it would or wouldn't work out.  

GTKY: What quirks do you have? I know I have some but can't think of any at the moment lol
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 8+1, 1 son 

Previous loss(es)? I had a MMC at 7 weeks with spontaneous triplets in Feb 2018 (didn't find out until my 12 week u/s), and a CP in December 2020 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I'm feeling like garbage which is reassuring since I was pretty nauseous in the first tri with my successful pregnancy. I just had my first u/s today and the baby was measuring right on track which was a relief. Like @artsiefartsie said, I think getting pass those loss milestones really helps (so for me the 7 week mark is huge as well). 

Any appointment updates? See above

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up? Passed my big 7 week milestone, hopefully things will continue going smoothly (and I'll continue to feel like garbage lol). My NIPT with my son came back with an elevated risk for Downs (we ended up doing amniocentesis at 18.5 weeks and everything was normal) so I know that NIPT this time around will be stressful as well. Just trying to take things one day at a time. 

GTKY: What quirks do you have? Yeah I definitely have some but hard to pinpoint atm. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 7w, 1 son

Previous loss(es)? Early mc in my late 20s (I didn’t know I was pregnant until I went in bleeding, took meds to help it pass faster), MMC at 7 weeks the first time my husband and I got a BFP and had D&C. After my son, I had a chemical followed by another MMC found at 9wks, though stopped at 7w6d, and a D&C. I had another chemical prior to starting ivf. Both of my MCs that were sent to path were aneuploid. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Good. It feels good to know that I’ve miscarried in the past for chromosomal reasons and I have a PGS tested normal this time. There’s still a lot that has to go right, but at least one hurdle has been removed. 

Any appointment updates? US yesterday was great with a heart beat ❤️ 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up? I get to stop a med a week for the next 3 weeks. Counting down for those PIO shots. 

GTKY: What quirks do you have? Sooo many to pick from...I don’t hug anyone other than my son and my husband when he makes me. 

• Options
    Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 4w+5, due Nov. 29th, No living kids yet

Previous loss(es)? 1 last August at 8 weeks, stopped developing around 5 weeks. Took 2 weeks of bleeding and cramping for it to actually happen, so it was really stressful.

I am happy and calmer this time around, maybe because I know more about what is and isn't normal or what I can/can't do. We are calling this whole thing a hope for now. 

Any appointment updates? No first appt scheduled yet, but my OB approved some early hcg tests as that showed that things weren't going right last time. Had first draw today and do another Monday. We're still early but it would make me so happy to see those numbers higher than the last time. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I understand how excited expectant mom's get, but the FB BMC groups are so full of people worrying about gender and I'm just relieved to still be pregnant. Probably going to avoid them for a bit. 

Any milestones coming up? We found out we were expecting this baby on the EDD of our last pregnancy. It felt like closure :)

I have the awful need to correct someone if I know they said something wrong, not to be a know it all but because I desperately want people to correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es).

Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 
    7 weeks and “a few days”, due date was November 4th according to LMP. Don’t have dating ultrasound results for sure yet. No kids. Just 3 fur babies. 

Previous loss(es)? 
    I had a loss that was never dated in august/September. We’ve been “trying” for 8 years and so when I was lightly bleeding for a month straight, I did not think of that as a possible pregnancy sign. I had bloodwork done the day my doctor left the practice, I wasn’t contacted with my results... so when I called the office, the secretary response was “so you know you’re pregnant right?”. Um, no. Long story short, they sent me to emerg where I sat with no answers or tests for 8+ hours (sometimes I love Canada), while a nurse tried to have me think positively about the pregnancy because I was upset that I’d been drinking. I had the actual MC about a week later.  

Drained. I had symptoms before my loss and ignored them because I was bleeding, and assumed I could not be pregnant. Now I have no symptoms and a heartbeat. I want to be excited. 

Any appointment updates? 
    I had my first ultrasound yesterday. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Not really. I just want to feel happy and excited. I’m really trying, but I was so hopeful about feeling great finally after the ultrasound and it didn’t happen. 
    Long rant - 
    I believe the loss in September may have been influenced by my dogs cancer diagnosis. I was absolutely devastated and beside myself. I got the news around the time the bleeding picked up. He was booked for surgery in two weeks and I had gone to the ER the day he came home from surgery. We’ve just found another cancerous mass this past week and I have been struggling to keep my grief from affecting my body while still trying to be there for my boy. 

Any milestones coming up? 
    I did have a milestone yesterday, seeing the heartbeat. 

I am an extremely pessimistic person lol. I would love to change that. 

• Options
    artsiefartsieartsiefartsie member
    edited March 2021
    @usedtobeknottie I'm so sorry you have so much stress to deal with.  I want to tell you what my doctor told me shortly after I found out I was pregnant with my son and then I lost my grandpa:

Feeling our emotions will 100% not physically hurt us or our babies,  no matter how much they feel like they are going to rip us in two. Grief will not cause a miscarriage, in fact tears physically get  the stress hormones out of your body, and will release endorphins.  The way stress hurts us is when we try to avoid the pain with unhealthy coping skills, it is not the grief itself. 

I just don't want you to carry anymore guilt thinking you caused your miscarriage, because you 100% didn't.  Unfortunately,  miscarriages are very common,  1 in 4 pregnancies, and its almost always chromosomal issues with the fetus.  Even things like drugs or drinking rarely cause miscarriage, they cause birth defects.  My dr told me there is very little you can do to actual cause a miscarriage, they just happen.  

What helped me a lot was just to literally schedule crying time.  I'd give myself 30 min to 1 hr every day or 2 to just put on sad music and just let myself feel all the sh*tty feelings that come up with stress/grief. 

Sorry for the novel lol but my heart really goes out to you and I know how much my Dr's advice helped me at the time ❤❤
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @artsiefartsie  thank you, thank you so much for your words... I feel ridiculous being sad since things could be totally fine, I still just feel traumatized. It’s like my brain goes “cancer-sadness-miscarriage” on repeat and it’s on permanent loop that the two are somehow related. I really appreciate what you’ve said. I think scheduling “sad time” may help because lately it just feels like it builds until I can’t control my when I shut down. My dog is very much MY dog and has been super attentive during all this. With no pregnancy for 8 years, we’ve placed our dogs on a very high pedestal expecting that they may be our only babies. Thank you again so much ❤️
  • Options
    @usedtobeknottie ❤❤ I completely understand,  all my animals are my babies,  it is a huge deal if something happens to one of them.  I also highly recommend a counselor if you find yourself overwhelmed most of the time.  I grew up in a household that didn't deal with emotions lol so I've had to relearn how to actually "feel" them as an adult and not just shove them down.  Having a professional who can help you navigate it all really does help.  
  • Options
    @artsiefartsie that is a great idea. I’ve tried it before but have always found myself too busy to go for long. I guess now is as good a time as any to prioritize health lol. I’ll talk to my doctor regardless of the update next week. 
  • Options
    Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 5w6d/ Nov 21/ 3 kiddos (6, 4, almost 2)

Previous loss(es)? I had an ectopic in Dec that we found at our routine ultrasound at 8 weeks. Baby made it to 6w2d. I had to have surgery to remove my left tube. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically tired. Emotionally less anxious since I saw the gestational sac where it belonged on Thurs. Will be even less so when I see a babe and heartbeat

Any appointment updates? See above. Have another on the 7th at 7w3d 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up? Just my ultrasound in a week and a half. Last weeks ultrasound was my big one