Parenting
Options

Pls recommend your car booster seat

I used to know all this pros/cons/features, but it's been ages.  I'd appreciate recommendaions (or warnings, if you've had a bad experience).

Thanks!

Re: Pls recommend your car booster seat

• Options

I know you're asking for recommendations for boosters, but honestly, my recommendation is to not get one yet. Kids really aren't physically ready or mature enough to use a booster properly until around age 5-6 and should stay in a 5 pt harness as long as possible.

If you want a seat that will last you until you no longer need one, I would highly recommend the Graco Nautilus. It allows your child to remain in a 5 pt harness until 65 lbs  (which is very important) and then converts to a booster later. I believe it's actually on sale right now on Amazon. 

• Options

Perhaps I'm using the wrong name because I thought there was a class of booster seat that uses a 5-point harness, something between a convertible and the type of booster that relies upon the car's seatbelt to go across a child's chest.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDesde:

Perhaps I'm using the wrong name because I thought there was a class of booster seat that uses a 5-point harness, something between a convertible and the type of booster that relies upon the car's seatbelt to go across a child's chest.

Yep! Then my suggestion for the Graco Nautilus is exactly what you're looking for! It's a FF only seat that uses a 5 pt harness until 65 lbs and later turns into a booster (seat belt only).

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    How tall are they? If they're average height, then the Nautilus is perfect. Top harness slot is about 18" I believe. We have one. DD is almost ready to move to that slot, and she's about 43" and 40 lbs. It won't last us as a harness to 65 lbs. I'm hoping it will last until 5 years. Britax just came out with a new Frontier (Frontier 85?) that has a top height of 20". We may end up buying one for the second car so she'll be harnessed in that until 6ish.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    Hmm, we may have to consider the Britax.  DD is insanely tall and watching her stuff herself into the convertible, particularly for the 9+ hour trips we take to visit my family, is not fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"