August 2021 Moms

Randoms- 3/22

What's on your mind this week?

Re: Randoms- 3/22

• Responsible @BourbonBiscuits!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree! Definitely responsible. (Also, so exciting!)
  • @BourbonBiscuits, congratulations! Rest if you need it. Now that I'm no longer working I wish I had taken more of sick days! 
    I'm getting my first shot this afternoon. A little nervous, but hopeful. 
  • @BourbonBiscuits yay! And it is absolutely responsible. I did the same thing and took the next day off.

I feel like a huge ass. I think I mentioned in January we ordered a pizza and it had a chopped up rubber glove in it? Well I emailed with the owner and the restaurant was supposed to send us a gift card. We never got it. I sent him another email back in February about it and he said he would look into it. Well a month later (2 months since the incident) I still had not received the gift card. I sent the owner a really strongly worded email only for him to respond with the previous email where the digital gc was sent to me. Excuse me while I go hide now. Im so embarrassed.
  • @BourbonBiscuits definitely responsible! I got my vaccine through work and I got it at the same time as a good chunk of my coworkers, we had so many people out the day after the second dose (I would have called out but I WFH still so I kind of just did the minimum that day tbh). Good idea to plan for not feeling great but I hope it isn't too rough on you!

@surrenderdorothy omg... I've done stuff like that before, I'm sure everyone has, and it's just so mortifying. Still, at least they made it right (well, as right as you can make it, in those circumstances)!
  • I'm so angry about guns in the US. I don't know what to do. Donate? Join a group? Bring it up at work meetings (my health system just had a shooting in one of our clinics recently which was absolutely terrible)? The "action" that they say they take is just a joke. It will not prevent anything. There is no "justice" when this happens, and it happens all too often here. Its just not ok.
  • @litzi-2 I put my response in a spoiler just in case people do not have the bandwidth for this conversation today. 

It is so devastating. And I don't know what the answer is either. When I was listening to the news this morning and it really struck me when the reporter said "in the latest mass shooting". I live in Nova Scotia and we are approaching the one-year anniversary of deadliest mass shooting in Canadian history, in addition to the tragic news coming out of the US, I have been thinking about this. I lived in Australia in 1996 at the time of the Port Arthur mass shooting, and while I was 10 at the time the news coverage and fear was not lost on me. The government responded quickly (like within two weeks or so) with new gun control laws and there have been no mass shootings since. New Zealand also responded similarly after the 2019 mosque shootings—I think their response was within a week even. I know there have been many horrific incidents in the US, but if Sandy Hook wasn't enough to tip the scales in favour of stronger gun controls laws, then what will? 
  • I know migration to another platform is inevitable; TB is the worst. But seeing June/July begin their migration is giving me feels about being the oldest BMB still active on the TB! My previous BMB didn't migrate until we were like 7 months? And even then, we still had labour buddies/labour threads and birth announcements actually on TB. It wasn't until after the babies were born that we actually fully migrated. 
  • I nominate Slack if we migrate, though I know most people will want to go the FB route which I could live with.

As for the gun conversation, it's so depressing when I think about Sandy Hook and absolutely nothing changing. Really frustrating to see and wish there was more agreement about common sense stuff like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @claireloSC I always think about Sandy Hook, too. If that wasn’t the tipping point, what will it take? 😭

@pickle-chips I was lurking on some other board and noticed that they were migrating earlier than my last board. We went to a PG around 7ish months then hopped to FB after our babies arrived. It was a smooth transition. 

I think people are just universally over this crappy platform. (I know I am...) I am also hopeful that a different platform will help boost engagement a bit. 
  • Thanks, friends! I definitely took (and needed) the day off yesterday. I was in bed all day with achy joints and a raging headache and exhaustion. But I feel totally normal today!!

I feel like we're a really tiny group - I'd vote for FB when we migrate. F19 is on FB and there are about 35-40 of us. I thought F19 was tiny!
  • @BourbonBiscuits I’m glad your recovery post second shot went smoothly and you feel better today!
  • I vote for fb. My last bump split to fb and private bump. (I did both). The private bump moved to slack and I couldn't follow it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • I'm not a fan of FB in general and try to stay off of there for many reasons, but would be open to it. I remember my other groups (jan 17 and mar 19) moved much later and it was very active around birth and pp.
  • We went to a private TB group first (around 7 months I think?) and then to FB right around babies were born.
  • It’s a shame bc I really like TB but the issues with the app have severely cut down how much I participate this pregnancy. 

On another note, my scrub pants are getting tight and uncomfortable. I can’t find matching maternity scrub pants to the ones I currently wear, Figs are sold out of maternity, so I ended up buying some greys anatomy maternity on Amazon.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also did a private group on the TB first before moving to FB. We lost some people on the way to FB/after the move, but there are about 40 of us still in the group. We also have an ongoing FB messenger group chat that people drop in and out of throughout the day—it's great! 

@BourbonBiscuits glad you are feeling back to normal today!
    @emmylou78 Grey's Anatomy like the show?? What makes them Grey's? Do they have pictures of the cast? I am so intrigued.  
  • @pickle-chips "pictures of the cast" made me snort. I think it's just a brand? Am I guessing correctly @emmylou78?? Also v. curious and invested over here
  • @BourbonBiscuits alas, no pictures of the cast. I did look them up on Amazon haha. Just with a small "Grey's Anatomy" logo on them. They look snazzy though! 
  • grogugrogu member
    I'm good with whatever. I use FB a lot fo my sewing groups etc and the bump is just annoying in general. 
  • The December board is up! 😱
  • @pickle-chips eek! So exciting. I've been waiting for it to pop up.
  • Yes just plain boring blue scrubs. They are soft, but I prefer some other brands now! 
  • Just wanted to weigh in that I sadly won’t follow if/when we migrate to FB because I don’t use it, but I totally understand we have to do what’s best for the majority of the group! Honestly I like TB and don’t seem to have the issues with the app that many others do, so I’m good to stay here as long as possible. But again, do what works for the most people!
  • I made instapot turkey chili last night and I cannot get the cumin smell out of my house. It is really rainy outside so I can’t even open the windows. 🤢 
  • I think D18 made the move over to private/secret FB group fairly late. I like FB and it seems to work well. We also have a pretty small group but I love those ladies. 
  • I would be fine w a fb group. I am bad at checking this sometimes but I really do enjoy reading all of your posts!
  • Random q- does anyone else have an anterior placenta and feel huge? Haha
  • I stopped at a pretty bad wreck yesterday, so I’m still riding the high of the adrenaline. However, I couldn’t help but think... MH is gonna kill me if I get hurt at 4.5 months pregnant helping someone else 😂
  • Ouf just clipped my toe nails. I think that's the last time that will happen til August. Out of breath! 
  • I’ve been so dizzy the last week and looking at/scrolling on my phone was making it worse. I’m finally starting to feel better. 

If/when we move I vote fb unless there is somewhere else that would work and is better than this app. My Aug14 group waited until the end of May/early June to move to fb and we are still just under about 100 and they are some of my closest friends. I hope we can get something similar for our Aug21 babies. 
  • @claireloSC SO EXCITING. I love love love that study. I keep re-reading it over and over.
  • @surrenderdorothy One fatality but the other kid was okay. I live off a major highway with many semi accidents.