September 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 3/15

2»

Re: Weekly randoms 3/15

• Options
    ageaagea member
    Also sucky sleep here. Tired all day and then can’t get to sleep or get back to sleep. I wake up to pee but my kids usually rouse once or twice. Even if they go right back to sleep I’m still awake and H is loudly snoring. And then tired again in the morning!

Re: nursery - well use DS2’s room pretty much as is and move DS2 in with DS1. Maybe I’ll feel more “nesty” in a few months.
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    Anyone else feel this board is much quieter than previous years?? Is it just me? Is the bump slowly becoming more obsolete?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @agea I’ve thought it, mostly on weekends. But I do remember my son’s board getting quiet on the weekends. Usually in the beginning the boards are really active though and then as time goes on people drop off.

I hope we still develop a strong core. BMB was clutch for me as a FTM, especially at the beginning. Someone else was always up feeding a baby, it was nice to have that support. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I've thought about nursery decor a little. I don't know if we'll go with a big theme or not. Maybe just pale blue walls with rainbow artwork. I found some cute stuff on Etsy. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I am just prepping to paint the nursery room from purple (leftover from the old owners) to a soft brown and I am SO excited! I don’t know if I’ll do a super themed nursery but this room also has the door to our deck so I want to keep it pretty minimal so things don’t get too dirty. 
  • Options
    @agea definitely slower than previous years. It might be pandemic related, might be just online forums not as popular as they used to be (all the youths on TikTok getting parenting advice from extremists) and might be because TB interface and mobile kind of sucks. My BMB from DS ended up with about 35 of us on FB and it is the best group! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    ageaagea member
    @krash_ same! About 35 of us on FB and I adore them.
  • Options
    This definitely does seem quieter. My first BMB had about 130/140 stick around long enough to join the facebook group, and my second one was only about 30/40 but even they were a bit more active than this group. Likely pandemic related in combination with a terrible mobile interface.
  • Options
    @agea yep, much slower. I’m wondering if it’s because the community boards are so hidden unless you know where to look? We had about 35-40 move over to fb in my 2018 group. 
  • Options
    And I'm not really one to go all out with the nursery. They'll be in my room for awhile, and then in their own room which is also where I keep most of my fabric, and the kids dressers. Once they're out of the crib I'll likely need to redo it so 2 kids share a room (we live in a 3 bedroom), so I'll pick a theme then and go all out. All 3 of my kids currently share a room and it's Studio Ghibli themed. It's not finished yet though because my sons are animals and will likely tear things off the wall :(
  • Options
    @CanadianGamerMom lol! My kids are such destructors! DH really wants to build a new house and I’m like ehhhh let’s just live here until our youngest is at least 5. Our baseboards are so dented from trucks and ride on toys!

This board is definitely slower than in the past. I blame the pandemic. There are way fewer people having babies right now. Also, I think the forum style is a bit old school. Maybe Tic Tok (or whatever those youngins are using) is the preferred way to communicate? Ew, I hate the idea of making videos of myself talking about my pregnancy. Super yuck. To each his own I guess!
  • Options
    @mybigfatgreekfetus I love Tik tok (though I don't consider myself one of those youngins haha I'll be 31 next week), but there's absolutely no way I would be able to record myself doing anything lol 
  • Options
    I started back at work yesterday.  While we were out my manager sent out a text to everyone saying "make sure you are working 10.5 hours." Started at 8 so aim to leave at 6:30.  I got back at 6:10 to load my truck and fill out my paperwork only to be greeted by my manager telling me to hurry up because I was the last one back.  
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    @deziraywatt what do you do?
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 we are doing a jungle theme! But really I think more like a jungle plant theme than actual jungle animals...

@CanadianGamerMom I’m the exact same way...love watching tik toks but could never make them haha
  • Options
    My 5 year old won’t stop whining and today it feels like the most annoying sound in the universe 😫
  • Options
    @agea I work for Trugreen.  Right now we are just fertilizing lawns.  Once it gets a little warmer we start spraying weeds as well. 
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs We have 6 bedrooms and none of them are for the guests. 🙈 The plan is to make one room a guest room but the only guests that come are my in-laws and there are so many that come at once they are scattered in our finished basement. So there really isn’t a point. We use 4 upstairs as our personal bedrooms and the 2 downstairs are used as my schoolroom and craft room. 
  • Options
    @agea yes this board is smaller and much less active than my last BMB. I’m not complaining- I didn’t have a bunch of little kiddos last time I participated so my time is more limited this time around. My last BMB had 50 regularly active members who moved over to Facebook the month before our due date month. 5 years later and many of them have left the Facebook group- there’s only 31 of us on there now.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @williams-jen space theme is fun! 

We won't be doing a nursery for this one we have our 3rd bedroom set up as a playroom and the baby will be in our room for the first while. 

With our first we set his room up as a "sciences theme". I hired an artist to make some life cycle art of a salmon, a frog and a butterfly.  He has the lunar cycle on his wall and a globe and moon light on his dresser.  We also got a fishtank for his room.  He has a map on his wall that has now become part of his nightly routine, he's gotten really good at finding places on the map.  
  • Options
    My 19 month old starts daycare tomorrow for the first time and nothing in my life has ever made me more scared and panicky.
  • Options
    @paulpaw hmmm, yogurt parfait, topped with sliced bananas, crumbled toaster strudels on top with a side of tums. Dinner is served! 😜
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    @law_and_little1 I hope daycare is great. DS2 started in November and I was super nervous but it’s been a game changer. We love it. Although that adjustment is hard. Hang in there.

@kissyfir1586 I’d eat that 
  • Options
    @law_and_little1 daycare is one of the most stressful parts of being a parent!  My son started when he was 11months.  I was so stressed out about it because I am notoriously a terrible judge of character (I naivly believe that every one is a good and just person until they prove otherwise). I made my husband go out and do the vetting of daycares because he is far better at catching red flags than I am.  We ended up going with a home daycare that my son loves, she only takes 2 kids at a time and she is always giving me discounts for paying upfront.  
  • Options
    Anyone else finding that when they get home from grocery shopping, they no longer want to eat what they bought??
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess yes, totally. I can no longer fit anything in my freezer because I've bought so much stuff that's instantly dead to me when it gets home. I stand in front of my snack cabinet, which is also bursting, and think, there is absolutely nothing here I can eat.
  • Options
    I found my old, clunky, bold brown and black glasses yesterday (I wear more subtle ones now). I put them on and walked up to DH, DD (3.5) and DS.
    Me: "Notice anything different about me?"
    All 3: staring
    DD, finally: " Your tummy is big and round!"
    I'm only 13 weeks... what a burn haha
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    @emeraldduchess yes, totally. I can no longer fit anything in my freezer because I've bought so much stuff that's instantly dead to me when it gets home. I stand in front of my snack cabinet, which is also bursting, and think, there is absolutely nothing here I can eat.
    Yes to all of this.
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess yes, 100%. Also the grocery store still kinda makes me gag 
  • Options
    We have a woodland animals/camping theme kinda going on in the nursery right now so it will just stay the same. We kind of "assign" each kid an animal and get them a stuffy at birth - so DS1 was fox, DS2 is raccoon, and I think this baby will be a bear. I always make a cross stitch birth announcement with their animal theme and their coming home outfits all feature their animal as well. It's kinda silly, but I like it! 
  • Options
    @chewie5990 that’s adorable! We sort of unintentionally did something similar, but I love how you did the cross stitches and matched their outfits 
  • Options
    @chewie5990 I would love to see the cross stitching if you have a picture.