June 2021 Moms
Options

Annoying Things Others Say to Pregnant People 🤬

13»

Re: Annoying Things Others Say to Pregnant People 🤬

• Options
    @mc0303 That is so annoying. I probably would have actually said what you were thinking.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    @mc0303 I would’ve been like “that’s weird, he’s super friendly with everyone else, even strangers.” And just let that comment sink into her brain. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg on Saturday at work I was just about to walk up the stairs and one of my elderly residents (lady) says to me: Hey tubby! 😳😟 like why would you say that to a pregnant lady?? I know she meant it as a joke cause my belly isn't that big, but like common. I was not impressed 😕 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 😳🙄

We had dinner with our neighbors, all of us are fully vaccinated, a couple weeks ago. The husband was trying to change the conversation and looks at me and says, looks like you’ve been gaining some weight. He’s 80 so he gets a little bit of a pass, but also ugh!! Thank you for pointing out my weight gain. I know I am supposed to be gaining weight just don’t need you to point it out.
  • Options
    @mc0303 ooh man I would have totally gone with @wendy838 suggestion.  So weird that he loves everyone but y’all 😂 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 and @klj0228 old people have no filters lol 😂 they are worse than toddlers with the crap that comes out of their mouths. 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 wtf?! “Tubby???” 🙄🙄🙄

@klj0228 ugh, my mom is almost 79 and says the WORST comments like this. Like she already keeps asking “are you sure there’s only one??”

so glad the topic of “what older people say” came up because my mom is just about 79 and drives me crazy!! I hate watching her change as she gets older. She just says the weirdest shit now and doesn’t seem to understand as much anymore and has lost some of her filter. I also notice she’s getting very narcissistic like in what she says as well!

Anyway, she has said a SLUETH of annoying things this pregnancy - like one of them being the fact that she constantly talks about how big I am. And she thinks that means the baby is coming early because I’m big 🙄 um, I’ve looked like this with all my babies and none have come early, so chill TF out. Also, yesterday she said “oh I was watching the ultrasound video you took of OUR baby...”. This one really makes me go overly hormonal mama bear...unless you helped put it in there or you’re growing it, there is no “OUR” baby. It’s MY baby. I think this may just bother me this much because it’s my mother and she aggravates me. Lol. 
    Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • Options
    @klj0228 a right to touch you? HA! I think the only person who has touched my belly that I didn’t know was another nurse (she was a travel nurse I’d never met).  Perks of a pandemic? Lol 
  • Options
    @klj0228 ugh my mother said/did the same thing to me in previous pregnancies.

I was at work on Wednesday and had so many people tell me I was having a boy based on symptoms and “basketball bell.” I’m like no, it’s a girl, yes I’m sure genetic testing and 2 u/s. I don’t know why it annoyed me so much hahah
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    @MelissaMay82 I was team Green with DS1 and a lot of people were guessing girl bc I was "gaining weight all over, not just in my stomach" 😐 with ds2 I gained the same way and knew it was a boy so would tell people up stfu when that stuff started. So annoying. 
  • Options
    @mamakate2011 My MIL lives with us and is also 79, and her comments drive me crazy (more so when I am pregnant apparently). She asked one morning how “my baby” is, and I looked at her and said no it is my baby and your grandchild, and it is doing fine. She started asking at 6 weeks if I felt the baby kicking, I have made it clear no one touches my belly unless I invite them to. H has lectured her multiple times about her comments on my weight, she knows it is a line she cannot cross now. I have only known her since she was older, but H swears she used to be so different. Kind of sad I don’t know that version of her. 
  • Options
    Ooof! Trying to catch up, and I have a few to share over the course of my 4 pregnancies. 
    • Ugh the quarantine comments! They are so creepy to me. I am very… pearl clutchy… about discussing sex outside of the bedroom so these comments really get to me!
    • Not to freak anyone else out, but my yoga instructor actually got pregnant after a hysterectomy. It is incredibly rare, but they removed her uterus, but kept the rest for hormone regulation and APPARENTLY there was enough endometrial tissue on her cervix for the bugger to latch on. I heard this story from two different perspectives. Once from my yoga instructor and I thought for SURE she was exaggerating and the other from my best friend who is a CNM (she left out HIPAA info) when we were discussing how some souls just WANT TO be born lol. She was originally a MW patient but was obviously sent over to the OBs (they practice together) and had a pretty normal/healthy pregnancy. I think she had a lot of bed rest in 3rd tri, but they did a surgical birth at 36/37 weeks. Kiddo goes to my kids' school and is a spitfire!
    • With my 2nd pregnancy, I worked in a clinical cancer research facility lab. A lot of my job was phlebotomy (oh I miss it!) and most of my patients were elderly/well meaning/ slightly obnoxious. I got many comments like: "I am going to walk 3 ft behind you- I don't want your water breaking on my shoes!" and "I can't believe they let you work like this!" (I was always running around, on my feet) and, all of the "still no baby?!" which those comments started in April... I was due in July. Also a lot of, "you are going to pop any second! I guess here is as good a place as any". One time when leaning over a patient my daughter kicked and the patient said, "oh hello, big fat baby" and patted my belly as she said it.  Most of them were very sweet, but it came off poorly. 
    • With all my pregnancies I have gotten, "You sure there is only one in there?!" I am a plus sized mom and my uterus is not shy in pregnancy, it does not nestle in like I've seen in others. One time I told someone, "well they checked for twins, and we are pretty sure there aren't 2" and they said, "I was thinking 3!" Thanks...
    • Once I was watching my nephew with while pregnant with #3, a lady at Target said, "1,2,3, and another on the way?! You are very busy!" I was grumpy and probably took it worse than she meant and for some reason replied, "we're Catholic" (we are not) and huffed off. (PS- nothing but love for Catholics and anyone who has religious beliefs surrounding family planning, that was a very off day for me).
    • Since this is our 4th girl, we are still getting the comments about *another* pregnancy, even though we were settled at 3 and surprised by 4. These make me angrier than any of the comments. Especially as I struggle with my longest HG pregnancy, my mom and gram say things like, "and you still have to do it one more time!" Uhm, very much wrong. 
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017