June 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms - Week of 02/28

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 02/28

• Thank you everyone for the support.  It's so nice to feel heard in a situation like this.  I really appreciate you guys. 
    @disgruntled_pelican You are so right and H is good at dealing with her because he's had so much practice but for me it's totally foreign territory because my family is so normal and giving.  

History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Sorry I haven't been around- it's been a crazy week! 

@mc0303 ds1 missed the cutoff by a few days and was always held back. It wasn't because he wasn't ready (he is super smart- not a brag, he is a genius)- his preschool approached me about moving him up, but I wanted him to be kept with the kids he eventually would go to school with. My friend's daughter was in the same situation and they pushed her up, and when her whole class went to K and she stayed by herself in preschool she was really down on herself and kept telling my friend she wasn't smart enough to go with her friends 😭 I'd rather ds1 be the oldest and have confidence than be the absolute youngest and feel left behind. I'm happy we did- he's in 1st, reading on a 4th grade reading level, 3rd grade math, but maturity wise 100% a 1st grade boy lol. 

Spoiler bc long @laurad75 @disgruntled_pelican @sgrn18
    @laurad75 I'm sorry you're going through that! @disgruntled_pelican gives great advice for dealing with a narcissist. I'm like @sgrn18 and experienced that kind of behavior in my own mother. She also has substance abuse issues that she's unwilling to treat despite knowing it affects all her relationships, and when ds1 was 2 I made the choice to completely cut her off. I couldn't deal with the constant emotional manipulation, and she was starting to behave similarly with my son so I was done. Before cutting her out I coped by having absolutely 0 expectations for any interaction and not feeding into any attention seeking. I set boundaries (told her I would only communicate on the phone, not via text/fb messages, and absolutely not when she was drunk). It's been 5 years and I haven't had a single moment of regret. It is awkward talking with other people about it bc people with non-narcissist or non-substance abuse parents can't really understand- there was never a healthy, loving relationship there, can't lose something you never had.  Sorry you are all dealing with this too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @laurad75 That is a completely bonkers text, I don't even know how I would respond to that. My MIL goes through phases where she seems like she is trying to be closer to me (I think she is sad she doesn't have any daughters) and will text me one on one instead of group texting with DH and me, but thankfully she is a lot less socially awkward than that!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate Mine will also randomly text me one-on-one, but thankfully nothing passive aggressive or guilt-tripping. She always wanted a daughter, so gets super excited being able to talk to her daughters-in-law (we *actually* respond!).

My friend has a doozy of a MIL, though, all-in for passive aggressive guilt trips and snide comments. Over the holidays she loved to make weird anti-Catholic comments (my friend was raised Catholic, her husband is Jewish, neither are particularly observant)
  • I did eventually respond to her that I didn't know she felt that way and was surprised she would say such a thing.  I wasn't actually surprised but wanted her to know that I thought her text was insane.  Anyway, she didn't respond but she reached out this morning with another 'how are you?' text completely ignoring the awkwardness of yesterday.  Fine.  H says she probably washed down her pain meds with booze again.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 that's my mom to a t. Completely insane behavior while drunk and 0 acknowledgement later. A lot of gaslighting too. Sounds like you sent a good response.
  • @laurad75 and @_orchid_ omg yes! Drunk texts or calls where she will legit say some horrible things to all of my siblings and myself then the next day like nothing happened.    I agree your response was a good one.    I’ve been seeing more and more people pop up with narcissistic parents.  I’m glad we have formed this well rounded group to provide all sorts of support to one another. 
  • @sgrn18 @_orchid_ I feel terrible for my husband and for you guys who have narcissistic parents.  At least I can just say 'what a crazy woman' and move on but coming from a family where my parents were so giving it's just hard to watch.  Sometimes I think spending time with my family makes it worse for H because it highlights how much his parents suck, but he seems to really appreciate my family and treats them like his own.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Parent drama is such a drain. I’m sorry you’re dealing with it while pregnant. 

DS1 is at a Waldorf preschool where they spend most of the day outside. We love it so much. We have an amazing backyard and my kids can spend the whole day outside. It such a gift. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @_orchid_  I really like that outlook.  I’m also the oldest and took the brunt of most everything.