June 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms - Week of 02/07

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 02/07

• @angelz429 we staycationed/babymooned at Disney a couple weeks. It was so nice! The hotels weren’t busy at all, we had a great time. 
  • @sgrn18 good luck with the interview! 

@AKuzReve good luck!! I love looking at houses online but stopped last year after we couldn't sell- it was stressing me out so much!!

I am just living in t-shirts and sweatpants/yoga pants this pregnancy due to my work situation- mostly home/through the computer lol. I pulled out old maternity clothes but probably won't wear much except for the tank tops. One of the things I did during previous was buy plain/nicer tank tops and then just layered non-maternity cardigans and wraps over them. 

My random is that due to snow/ice my school has been remote for the last week and a half. Going back in tomorrow but we're supposed to get more snow again for next week so idk how long that will last 😂 so thankful for virtual school so these aren't all snow days!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @AKuzReve Totally guilty of house hunting, even though we bought a home about a year ago (now it's a bit more aspirational "if our salaries double/triple" type places....or for my parents). Good luck looking into the logistics, it sounds great!
  • @AKuzReve guilty for always looking at houses!! We have a rental property and we are looking to expand our portfolio more so we are looking more for an investment opportunity. When we were looking for our own home, I was on all the time but now that we are building our house, I am more looking for rentals. It's fun!!
  • @sgrn18 good luck on your interview! 
    @AKuzReve my husband says I have a serious obsession with house hunting haha I'm always looking on realtor.ca. We bought our house last year, but with the baby coming we want to move closer to DH's family in a few years (they're very closeknit). I say pull the trigger if you guys agree it's the best move!
  • @AKuzReve I’m always looking at houses on Zillow 
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Re house hunting: Anyone see the SNL Zillow spoof? Just reminded me of this convo.

I haven't done a lot of shopping this pregnancy, but in the past I've been able to get cute shirts at Ross of all places! Target is great for dresses and t-shirts, and I like Motherhood Maternity for professional skirts.
  • @marebear15 Yes that was so funny!
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• I keep looking at all the maternity clothes places and even loaded my cart a few times, but I couldn’t check-out when it was hundreds of dollars for a handful of items for the last 14 weeks. But my clothes were no longer fitting. I found a good deal on FB marketplace for 7 bottoms (jeans, shorts, skirt, dress, workout leggings) and 11 shirts for $30! Jackpot! So excited to have comfortable and decent looking clothes without spending big bucks. 
  • @AKuzReve that sounds like fate!
  • @mindyb2019 I have never find old navy maternity in stores unless it was a return on the clearance rack. Even 6 years ago I had to Old Navy maternity order online. I do like their stuff and am still using the stuff I bought from them 6 years ago.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @DoubleUp8 6 years ago our old navy store had an awesome maternity section in store. By my next pregnancy in 2016, it was all online 😭 They really do have some nice maternity clothes. Motherhood isn’t bad either but that’s another store that closed in the mall by me. Some things I would rather try on first before buying. 
  • I've found some cute maternity shirts on Amazon. I think someone on this group shared these shirt with me, and I have really liked them. They are very long so they are great for wearing with leggings. I have been throwing on an open front cardigan, necklace, or scarf to dress them up for Zoom calls. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J62BXM7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These have been great too, but these run a little smaller/tighter. https://www.amazon.com/Bearsland-Maternity-Pregnancy-LightGray-mintgreen/dp/B08BCFM13G?ref_=ast_sto_dp I have been looking at their nursing shirts, tanks, and dresses for after baby comes too. 
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @ramzlau that's an awesome score!!

I have found the Target near me carriers an extensive collection of maternity clothes. My first pregnancy I bought their jeans and they were okay. I don't have them anymore but they do have some fun prints now. If I'm desperate in the last few weeks I may stop in and pick some stuff up. 
  • Fwiw, even if you order online you can usually return in-store for Old Navy and Target. One benefit is that you get to try everything on at your leisure at home rather than a hot changing room, and you'll definitely hit the minimums for free shipping.
  • I think I'm just really picky about the fit of everything, so I'm really struggling. However, I did buy this really cheap pair of leggings on Amazon and I'm buying another pair because they are that good...Not see through at all and the fabric is amazing. Very soft and stretchy. I'm 5'8 so a lot of the leggings are above my ankle, but thee are very long. I will say the first pair I bought were a large (usually wear a 12 pants) and I'm going to buy the medium this time around. The large fit perfect at first, but I'm noticing that overtime they aren't as tight and have some give in places like my knees. Overall best leggings I've been able to find.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NPQYBYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

• Does anyone have any contraction timer recommendations?

DS was born 6 years ago, and I deleted the app I used a long time ago. To be honest I couldn't even tell you what app it was or if it still exists. I see The bump app has one, but I may feel better about one that is dedicated to the purpose.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• I also wonder about PatPat clothing...I see ads for it all the time, but the stuff is super cheap so wonder how good it is.
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited February 2021
    @mrs_massie - I've heard PatPat is awful. Shipping takes forever and its crap quality.
  • @angelz429 ❤️❤️❤️ Take care of yourself. I’m rooting for you!!
  • @angelz429 I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts. 💓
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @angelz429 praying for you 
  • Discovered pink blush maternity today and everything is so cute. It’s not super cheap, but now more expensive than other stores either. Has anyone shopped pink blush? 
  • @mrs_massie I haven’t but I have heard good things about their dresses, especially hear them recommended for maternity photo shoots.
  • @mrs_massie I bought a dress from pink blush for a wedding I attended at 33 weeks with ds2. It was really cute and flattering- I felt huge at that point but looking back at pictures I don't think I look exceptionally big. 

I did buy a shirt from there too that I didn't think held up as well, but I did wear it more often than the dress. I've been eyeing some of their maternity/nursing stuff myself. 
  • @mrs_massie I bought a lot of stuff from pink blush last time, dresses for a wedding, maternity photos, and my shower. They were high quality and flattering so worth the price IMO! 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @mrs_massie I love pink blush dresses. I actually have a few that I wore in the last year when I wasn’t pregnant because they still fit really cute. I HATED their tops. I ordered several and did not like the way any of them fit. I actually just packed a bunch of them away for goodwill this morning because I know I’ll never wear them. - they’re from my first pregnancy. 
  • I agree. Pink blush has some really nice stuff. For any nursing moms, latched mama is another brand that is nursing friendly and their clothes accommodate to pregnancy as well so you get more use out of it 
  • I think I'm just really picky about the fit of everything, so I'm really struggling. However, I did buy this really cheap pair of leggings on Amazon and I'm buying another pair because they are that good...Not see through at all and the fabric is amazing. Very soft and stretchy. I'm 5'8 so a lot of the leggings are above my ankle, but thee are very long. I will say the first pair I bought were a large (usually wear a 12 pants) and I'm going to buy the medium this time around. The large fit perfect at first, but I'm noticing that overtime they aren't as tight and have some give in places like my knees. Overall best leggings I've been able to find.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NPQYBYC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

OK i just wanted to update everyone that i received the second order of these leggings and they are a completely different pair of leggings than what I already had...the Material is completely different and the size is wonky. I either order my favorite pair from somewhere else and cant remember where from or Amazon messed up and sent me something different the first time. 
  • @mrs_massie Unfortunately could be either, I've had it happen to me. I recommended some cheap leggings to my friend and she had to return them because they were too small...she's at least 2 sizes smaller than I am (we ordered the same size, mine have tons of room even with my large belly). I'm wondering if they changed or what
  • @akoros I'm really bummed about this lol I looked inside for a tag or label and there's nothing!