July 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 02/02

edited February 2021 in July 2021 Moms
How are things this week? 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Weekly Randoms 02/02

• Is the killing of one's husband still frowned upon? Asking for a friend. It’s me, I’m the friend

He is unable to control himself around desserts and sweet things. We had ice cream in the freezer and after our time at the playground, I promised DS he could have some ice cream at home. Right as we get home he takes a tumble and scratches both of his knees causing a meltdown, I finally get him inside and get him to stop crying enough to go potty and wash his hands. I go to the freezer only to find out that DH finished it two days ago (half a gallon in one sitting) and didn’t bother to tell me when I went to the store yesterday. Cue another meltdown because there was no ice cream. DH’s response was “I’m sorry I didn’t know I was supposed to save any for him” wtf? He’s seriously a child some times  
  • @marikkita12 we have similar discussions about my husband eating all the food. For example when I was dealing with all day long nausea my awesome girlfriend had an Amazon shipment of la croix sent to me - score! Who drank the majority of them? I’ll give you a hint not the nauseous pregnant lady lol. I’ve thought about starting to put my name on some things like you would do with your roommates in college 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • @marikkita12 did we marry the same man??  :p
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @marikkita12 H eats all my pregnancy snacks and I’m like 😡

It’s soooo snowy here. It was fun to take the kids out but also a lot of work haha. I hate outerwear. 

• @marikkita12 so frustrating!! My husband is on a crazy mass gain/weight lifting diet and goes through milk and eggs like no tomorrow. I've started keeping 3 gallons of milk in our fridge and thankfully our chickens lay at least a dozen or two eggs a day. 😑

We have an appt at an elective ultrasound boutique this Saturday to find out the sex of this baby. I'm so excited because I'm dying to know after I had a dream that we were having boy #6 but also kind of nervous because I've never found out this early (will be 16+1). 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @marikkita12 1/2 gallon in one sitting?! Dang! It’s called sharing, dude. 
  • @marikkita12 I feel like I could have told that story.  My husband just can't control himself.  It's almost sad.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I started Makena injections on Friday and my arm STILL HURTS. I couldn’t use it at all Friday, DD kept laughing at me because I was making ridiculous noises to get through the waves of pain. H quit working early thankfully. I couldn’t do anything. Yesterday and today I’ve been sore and have sharp pain if I move too quickly but can be a normal person and help parent. The next shot is 💯 going in my butt vs my arm. I was expecting discomfort but this is honestly ridiculous, to the point where I feel like I’m making it up in my head 😂 Anyone have Makena experience and can tell me what it was like for them?

• @DuchessOfCambridge I’ve never heard of this but I’m sorry your arm was out of commission. What are these shots for?
  • @marikkita12 progesterone shots to hopefully not have preterm birth again

• I LOVE my ob. She has never mentioned my weight at all (even though I’m overweight and up 15lbs already). The midwife I saw for my very first appointment suggested I do the glucose test early because I’m overweight but my OB said it wasn’t necessary since I didn’t have GD with my first and he was 8lb1oz at 39 weeks which is a perfectly acceptable weight. 

TW. Birth defects

yesterday I learned that a friend who is due one week ahead of me, found out at her ultrasound that she has basically no amniotic fluid and her baby has no kidneys. My heart is breaking for her but it also made me start panicking. 

End TW

at my appointment today,  I mentioned my friend’s baby and she did a quick US at my appointment to look for them (she has two!!) and she always does the best she can to reassure me. I really hope she is on call whenever I go into labor because she’s also super vbac friendly. 
  • @marikkita12 she sounds like an absolute gem! I hate the obsession with weight in pregnancy, the risks are overblown and it’s all so counterproductive. 

@DuchessOfCambridge that sounds awful! Is it just two shots? Or ongoing? I hope the next one isn’t so debilitating. 
  • @marikkita12 I’m so sorry for your friend ☹️

@becks_726 weekly until 37 weeks 🙃

• @marikkita12 I’m so very sorry for your friend! If there’s anything we can do from afar, I’m more than willing to help! Your OB sounds fantastic!!
  • @DuchessOfCambridge hopefully they at least have the desired effect. Sheesh... That’s rough. 
  • For any WFH mamas with LOs at home with you, how the heck do you keep them entertained and away from you? My 4yo DD is relentless. I can’t figure out how to keep her entertained so I can get work done. Any and all tips appreciated since alcohol isn’t an options right now. 😒
  • @daisy528 I hear you. Does she go to school daycare some days, or is she home with you full time? There is absolutely no way I could work and watch my son at the same time on a regular basis. On the days he is home (sick, snow days, etc.) my husband and I alternate watching him depending on our work schedules for the day, and occasionally do some work after he goes to bed if we have some to catch up on. 
  • @daisy528 - I have a second grader and 4yr old at home right now. The good thing is second grader helps keep 4yr old occupied when she is not doing her virtual learning. So after 3pm most days, all day Wednesday and then sometimes during the day. My husband and I are both working from home, so sometimes we play with her if we are not in meetings, but most of the time, we are slammed. I hate to say it, but toys, iMac, IPad and Nintendo Switch are what is keeping her occupied these days. I am going to need to start preparing her for kindergarten at some point and that has me stressed out. We do spend time with the kids from 7am to 9am and then 4 to 8pm most days (unless we have early / late meetings).

it’s been tough but honestly most days we get thru.
  • @rschenck14 and @daisy528 - I think we as moms have to give ourselves grace. This is a huge work in progress for me personally. We are in the midst of an unprecedented pandemic. These times are not normal and you are doing your best! If that means increased screen time for our littles than so be it. They still know we love them, are fed, clothes and have roofs over their heads so rock on!
  • @daisy528 I’m a SAHM so maybe not helpful, I rotate toys every week so they seem “new”. But tbh if I was working with kids during this there would be a lot of screen time. 

I think I may have overdone it yesterday putting a couch together by myself and rearranging our playroom alone 😬 I was crampy all night and am still having lower back pain...idk if I should call or leave it. My cervix was nice and long last Friday but then I’m also anxious bc this is how it started with DD but I don’t want to be dramatic 🙈 with DD I was 26 weeks when they noticed a problem. Maybe I should just get ready for my day and drink a ton of water to see how it goes?

• @DuchessOfCambridge if there’s anything I learned from my last pregnancy is that the medical team charged with your care would rather you be over cautious then not (like when I sweat so much in the night that I went to the hospital because I thought my water broke LOL) - if you’re concerned I would just call. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH came home last night not feeling well. He had a temp of 100.4 plus congestion and muscle aches, so I slept on an air mattress in our living room. He had a PCR test this morning, so hopefully we get the results tomorrow. I’m hoping it’s just a sinus infection and not covid. Ugh.
  • @daisy528 oh no!! I hope it comes back negative, that sucks so much! And to sleep on an air mattress while pregnant ugh. 

H gave me my second Makena shot yesterday and it went MUCH better. I actually can’t do the butt shots because the auto injector is arm only. It burned for about an hour where he injected it but otherwise it was totally fine. Woke up this morning with no pain. This is what I was expecting with my first shot, really thinking they must have hit a nerve or something. 

It was my birthday this week but the day itself was spent running around doing kid things so H is giving me today “off”. Basically I get to play with the kids and enjoy them but don’t have to worry about meals or diapers. It’s great haha. He just went out to get coffee and donuts

• Anyone else have self-diagnosed pelvic girdle pain or symphysis pubis dysfunction? I feel like I had this issue with my daughter but never mentioned it. It’s 10x worse and starting much sooner this time around. I went to Home Depot for paint samples and target for a couple things for DD and literally can barely stand on one foot long enough to put sweatpants on. Feels like my pubic bone is like splitting right in half. Anyways, if anyone else is having this issue - any tips for relief?
  • @jessd0117, I had it with my son and definitely have it again. My best solutions are a bit of physical activity like yoga or short walks (but not too much and go slow or it can make it horrible), sleep with a pillow between your legs, and get off the bed a specific way. So for me, I turn to my left side, move all the way to the edge and swing my legs off, then use my right hand to push my body up, and get off the bed. Do it every time. It was suggested by my Physio I had to see for SPD with my son and it helps a ton. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @AKuzReve thanks, I’ll give those things a try! My body feels terrible this time around lol. I just ordered a donut pillow because my tailbone has been hurting terribly while I work, and I must’ve overdone it with something yesterday to make the SPD so rough this morning. It’s usually fairly dull but it hurt to even walk when I got out of bed this morning. Seems the aches and pains are starting early this time 
  • We went bowling yesterday! now I remember what has caused my body so much pain. We took our 4yo for the first time and bowled 2 games in the morning as a family valentines treat (it was great, there was almost nobody there). I don’t know how the heck I forgot that when running through my day yesterday haha 
  • If you haven’t already started using a pregnancy pillow, get on it! That’s my unsolicited advice for the day. 😄
  • And DH has covid. AWESOME.😒 He is now quarantined in our bedroom, and me and the kids are sleeping in the living room on air mattresses, so that way we don’t have to use the same bathroom as him. I’m not even 24 hours into knowing this info, and I already hate it. I’m tired already. I am going to need a serious solo vacation after this. 
  • @daisy528 ugh sorry!! I hope the kids take it easy on you and that your DH has quick recovery! 
  • @daisy528 That's horrible news.  I'm sorry for your whole family.  Hopefully he only had a mild reaction to the virus and his germs stay to himself.  He owes you one heck of a massage appointment when this is over.  Good luck to you and the kiddies.  Stay healthy!
  • @daisy528 oh no so sorry!! Hope you are able to get some rest amidst it all and that his illness is mild 🙏
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @daisy528 I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope it’s mild and you and the kids are spared. Eff Covid. 
  • @daisy528 I’m so sorry to hear this news and that you will be solo parenting for a while - ugh! I hope your hubby stays fairly healthy and that the rest of you don’t get it!
  • @daisy528 Oh no, how stressful! I hope you and the kids stay healthy and that he recovers quickly 
  • Thanks everyone! So far the kids and I are ok. We have our tests tomorrow. DH is doing good! Honestly, his only complaint is his back is achey. We have him set up on the second floor with a mini fridge and such, so he is pretty self sufficient. When I bring food up, I just leave it outside the room for him. He is in isolation until 2/22 (which is also DS’ birthday), so it sounds like he will probably be able to join us for cake that night, thankfully. 

Managing the kids is another story. It is exhausting. I can’t get a break from them since we are all on the same level, AND we are all sleeping together in the living room. Thankfully, my mom has brought over a ton of things to keep them busy, and my boss and one of my girlfriends have had food delivered for us, so that’s made things a little easier. 
  • @daisy528 that’s really nice that you’ve got some people around looking out for you guys with some meals and activities. And I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the end of a quarantine than with birthday cake lol yum. I hope you can give yourself a little grace during the waiting period, you’re taking on a lot and anyone would be exhausted! 

• @daisy528 I'm so sorry your husband has covid and that your whole family is dealing with quarantine. I hope his symptoms remain mild and that it doesn't spread to anyone else in the house. I can only imagine how tiring this whole ordeal is (pregnancy is tiring enough on it's own), and agree with @jessd0117, give yourself a whole lot of grace while you go through this. 
  • @daisy528 sorry to hear about DH, hang in there! 
  • @daisy528 That sucks I'm sorry to hear about that!  Good Luck!  Hopefully the kids take it easy on you.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"