September 2021 Moms
Options

January Appointments

2»

Re: January Appointments

• Options
    @Whitmore1027 I am so, so sorry. Please be gentle with yourself. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @law_and_little1 aaaahhhhh look at that babe!! I’m so jealous you got your US already - I’m still waiting on my initial appointment! Congrats :) 
  • Options
    @muggsd Thanks! I got early ultrasound because of a recent ruptured ectopic just a few months ago. Otherwise my doctor's office usually doesn't do them until 8-10 weeks! 
  • Options
    Awww love the ultrasound pics! I’m end of month EDD and the OB is being conservative so my first appt and ultrasound isn’t until MARCH 
  • Options
    I think my early ultrasound was a fluke.  The doctor just set me up with requisitions for blood work and an ultrasound as soon as I found out, which I think was just to avoid another phone call in a few weeks for an ultrasound requisition.  
  • Options
    @sawasap that's great! It must be a wonderful feeling to walk out of the RE's office with an u/s pic. Could you hear the heartbeat or just see it? I'll be 7w2d when I go next week and I don't want to be nervous if I can't hear it. 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I didn’t hear it this time, just got to see it. Hoping maybe next time I get an US I’ll be able to hear it too, and maybe my husband will be allowed in with me then!
  • Options
    I had a phone appointment with my family doctor today.  All of my blood work looks good and the ultrasound looks good.  He was a little perturbed that the walk in doctor had me go for my first ultrasound so early and didn't order a urine test.  He also said that there was some blood work missing, the other doctor didn't order it(thyroid).  So now I have to make another appointment to go in have another vial of blood drawn and pee in a cup.  However he did set me up with a referral to my old OB so that makes me happy.  
  • Options
    @krash_ fingers crossed that everything will be just perfect in 2 weeks!! They didn't even tell me the HR today...I asked and they said it would go to the report for my doctor.. 

I also had my dating ultrasound today! Everything went well, I mentioned in the US thread but she really mad eme nervous at first saying she saw the gestational sac and then went silent. I was preparing for her to tell me it was empty, but finally she said she sees baby and heartbeat!! I was measuring 2 days behind which is new for me my first two always measured big! I'm so relieved everything is good in there and I can relax a bit. Excited to see peanut again in 4 weeks at the NIPT screening :) 
  • Options
    My appointment went really well yesterday! Baby was right on track at 8W5D and HB was 142. I already gained 6 lbs 🥴 I’ve been slacking hard on working out lately because I’ve been so tired. Guess I better get back on that!
  • Options
    @krash_ I’m sorry your appointment left you with some concerns. Hopefully they caught the heart right after it started beating. It takes some time for it to work it’s way up to a higher rate. If your SCH is super small, I doubt you have any spotting. I had 2 small ones last time and never saw any spotting. I would take it easy because they can grow super fast. Last time I had an US every week to 2 weeks to check on them and some weeks one would be gone and the next week it would be back and as big as it was before. It just kept coming and going until they both finally healed around 14 weeks. 
  • Options
    @krash_ sending all the positive thoughts that your appointment in two weeks gives you some reassurance!

I had my dating u/s and follow up appointment today and all looks well! The RE says baby is measuring right on track.  She also reassured me that having mild pregnancy symptoms isn't something to panic over. Baby's heartbeat is 151, which is right in the expected range. I've been teasing DH that the higher hb means it's a girl. It was tough not having him in the room with me for the scan, but the tech let me take a video of the screen so I could show him the heatbeat. We are going to tell our parents this weekend and I am glad to have the video to show them, too (especially since the baby just looks like a blob right now!).