August 2021 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating 1.15

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 1.15

• Carbs in the form of vegetable thins because everything else is gross. 

Yesterday I had some fried pickles which are the best friend pickles I've ever had. 
  • I’ve been thinking about guacamole for the last couple days.  Ordered some for lunch but the chips smell to salty 😢. Why do the chips have to smell!!?? 
  • Loading the player...
  • If I don’t eat like every 3 hours, I’m starving! I had a bacon, egg, and cheese croissant yesterday morning. Soo good. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I’m not a big cereal person but I am craving kashi cereal with strawberries. After having a full dinner and dessert last night I still made myself a bowl at 9pm last night. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • I've had the weirdest craving for watermelon Jell-O, of all things! Strange but it's so good.

• Just like with my other pregnancies... toast with LOTS of butter sprinkled with salt. 
  • @the_most_happy too funny! During my first pregnancy I craved all these things I loved as a kid but haven’t eaten in decades- spaghetti-os (🤮), Dunkeroos, and velvets Mac and cheese to name a few. I normally don’t eat a lot of processed food so this was definitely out of left field. 
  • Crap. I’ve been eating ALL the crap. Way too much takeout. I’ve just started to feel a bit better this week, so I’m *kind of* back to my mostly healthy eating. Minus the fact that I’ve been wanting dessert every night. 😂😂😂
  • Delivery for sure. Had pizza last night and Chinese the night before. I'm so busy with school & work and just don't feel like cooking or doing much beyond surviving each day. I'm taking a winter break intensive class so it's about a week of work every three days and work has been crazy too so I'm hanging on by a thread. Food is all I've got! But yeah, need to eat healthier. I want the nausea to abate so I can eat vegetables without gagging.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Ok, also, anyone else just absolutely starving in the middle of the night? Most nights if I don't take a Unisom I am waking at 2:30 and so hungry. If I can't get back to sleep I will go and have cereal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • @claireloSC me! My gurgling, growling stomach has woken me up almost every night this week. And if it doesn’t wake me up at night, when I wake up in the morning I feel so hungry that I feel sick and I can’t think about eating.
  • @claireloSC also a lot of take out here the last few weeks. I would buy and plan for meals then find whatever was on the menu that night revolting when I went to cook it. We now have a full freezer of meat and things I need to use. 🤦🏻‍♀️

This was the first week we stuck to our menu. Finally seeing the light at the end of the food aversion tunnel. 
  • @surrenderdorothy exact same boat, I’m usually huge on meal planning (like honestly I used to write my grocery lists and meal plans up to four weeks in advance) and I’ve found more than once now that I can not stand the idea of eating something I picked out just a few days before. My poor H has been grocery shopping on almost a daily basis just so we can have something I know I want to eat that day.
  • Food is so difficult! I've lost a few pounds which i feel guilty about, though I know its not an issue. I had grilled cheese for lunch 2 days in a row and the third my body was just not having it. Fortunately, I'm able to start the morning off well with some yogurt and granola. But I did need to eat a fruit bar around 5 this morning.

By the time dinner comes around I'm starving but eat two bites and I'm full. We got a meal kit delivery for next week though. Hopefully that will make it easier... or MH will just have leftovers for lunch.
  • Karma is such a bitch. I just took one bite of my yogurt and dry heaved for like 5m 🙄
  • @claireloSC - Yup. I keep crackers by the bed so if I wake up hungry I can snack without getting out of bed. 

I've been eating way too many carbs. But most of the times that's all that seems even okay. I snack constantly and I've never much for snacks before but I just nibble on whatever sounds okay throughout the day.
  • @surrenderdorothy I just started craving cereal today!
  • Kiwi, pineapple, jell-o, cereal, soup, every once in awhile something with cheese, soft pretzels, sugar snap peas
  • @kiwimangohoneylemon love that someone else is feeling Jell-O as much as I am! Pineapple sounds amazing right now too.
  • I don't eat a lot right now.  It's a problem.  Fries are my #1 at the moment.  But soup is a good one too.  We bought some pizza rolls today and I'm excited.  Lol
  • Oranges, cuties/Bluejay mandarins, apples, bananas and crackers. I need some tolerable protein source 😩 
  • Cheese is about all I got @hannelorre, lol. Yes, I just ate nachos....
  • @hannelorre weirdly enough, I am really into eggs right now. Either scrambled eggs with cheese or a hard boiled eggs. But I do realize that eggs are probably not at all tolerable to most. :D
  • @pickle-chips I'm craving deviled eggs! 
  • @claireloSC I should try some cheese. I just don't know what kind 🤔 is the soft cheese still no no in pregnancy?

@pickle-chips you know I actually briefly craved hard boiled eggs yesterday so that may work. I'll start with just a couple in case my stomach pulls a switcheroo though. 
  • @hannelorre as long as it is pasteurized (and if you are a US resident, 99% of cheese is) you are good. 
  • I just had a delicious caprese salad that really hit the spot!! 
  • Ouu @emilie1025 that sounds delicious. I might have to pop into the grocery store tomorrow! 

I eat lots of seeds and nuts for some extra protein and dried fruit for flavour.
  • I am working my way through a box of Sees candy leftover from Christmas. I had hidden it from the kids right after the holidays and rediscovered it this weekend. Give me all the chocolate. 
  • @surrenderdorothy I feel like I haven't stopped thinking about deviled eggs since you posted that 😂
  • @surrenderdorothy, WHY Do deviled eggs sound SO good right now? I may need to make some...
  • A friend texted me this morning to say she was planning to make deviled eggs for a small birthday gathering* we are having for a friend next week and just now another friend posted a photo of their charcuterie board dinner that featured deviled eggs. I’m being taunted by deviled eggs!

*Compliant with our provincial COVID social gathering restrictions!  
  • Ok I promise I will stop talking about eggs, but my husband just sent me this gif after bringing me a boiled egg. I feel seen.
  • @pickle-chips what is it with eggs? Normally, I really hate eggs. During my pregnancy with DS, I think the thought of an egg was enough to get me puking. But this time?? I find myself eating eggs with hot sauce every morning and loving it. Who am I? What is happening? Haha 
  • @pickle-chips not craving sugary cereals per se but definitely craving sweets in a way I never have before- I made my husband go buy me a chocolate pie over the weekend, lmao. Think I might go have a piece now, actually...
  • @pickle-chips I’m with you! I bought Frosted Flakes and cocoa crispies yesterday at the store haha I had a big bowl of Frosted Flakes with strawberries for breakfast and it was so satisfying lol

Also I’ve been eating so many hamburgers! Maybe I’m iron deficient 🤷🏻‍♀️