March 2021 Moms
Options

All Due Date Check-In 1/11

2»

Re: All Due Date Check-In 1/11

• Options
    @travandas 2 weeks, holy crap!! (and also, toddler nap time is the best time of the day, hands down :) )
  • Options
    @travandas We're on the fence actually! Technically we could do either - this will be our only pregnancy, so my OB is comfortable if we want to go for a planned c-section, but since Baby A is head down, I am eligible for a vaginal. Apparently, once Baby A comes out, Baby B will then have enough room to flip. I have serious concerns about that though - I have visions of them trying to flip her manually and me ending up with a c-section AND a vaginal delivery. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mvt2003 There's a youtuber I follow who had to do a vaginal and c-section for her twins.  I can't imagine having to recover from both!!  
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    @juliebeannn My OB told me she's only personally had to do it once. I had to restrain myself from asking for more details like how many twin deliveries she's done so I can weight that statistic appropriately. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @manillabar That's exactly how I feel!  lol
  • Options
    @travandas Wow, two weeks! hang in there! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mvt2003 said:
    @travandas We're on the fence actually! Technically we could do either - this will be our only pregnancy, so my OB is comfortable if we want to go for a planned c-section, but since Baby A is head down, I am eligible for a vaginal. Apparently, once Baby A comes out, Baby B will then have enough room to flip. I have serious concerns about that though - I have visions of them trying to flip her manually and me ending up with a c-section AND a vaginal delivery. 
    Atleast your OB is comfortable with whatever you decide! Having a vaginal & a c-section doesn't sound like fun...I can understand your concern.  I have never had a vaginal delivery due to a pelvic injury when I was younger...but, I will tell you a c-section is planned (unless you go into labor; I went into labor with my last and the c-section still was easy), fast, the recovery isn't bad at all (I've had 3 sections this will be my 4th).  The best advice I can give you IF you have a c-section is to get up and move around as soon as the nurse can help you get up.  After all, you will have to move around and take care of those babies at home.   Also, stay on top of your meds even if you aren't in a ton of pain because if your pain level gets too high and it's not controlled you will be uncomfortable.  Make sure you are given stool softeners in the hospital so you don't have to strain to have your first BM.  The hospital should also supply you with a stomach binder to help hold your stomach muscles in so that you are able to move better.  I just wanted to give you some of the tips I've learned about having a c-section.  I understand everyone has a different experience...for me, I haven't had any issues with c-sections.  I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do!