Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: I could definitely use a dose of positivity/good news going into this week. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: All Due Date Check-In 1/11

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    30w4d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    💙 Teddy

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    a football

Upcoming appointments:
    19th, MFM Ultrasound, I can't wait to see him again ☺

How are you feeling?:
    Nesting is in high gear. I over did it the other day and my lower back was so sore that my husband ordered me to relax all of yesterday (though I still got some stuff done). Feeling pretty good today. Baby is head down so I'm definitely getting those ever lovely "zingers" now and then which are 😳 not fun. But overall good.

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: My anxiety surrounding his birth is setting in. I don't want him to come too early, I'm worried about my repeat c-section and of course the fear of covid adds another dimension to all of this. Reading articles about moms immediately being separated from their babies upon birth is not helping 💔

Questions: --

GTKY: I could definitely use a dose of positivity/good news going into this week. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
    Getting to see Teddy in the 3D ultrasound was definitely the best thing. I can't wait to meet him, and I know I'm biased but he's SO cute 😍 
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 7 / 32+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: baby girl

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Deerstalker hat (the Sherlock Holmes hat)

Upcoming appointments: midwife appointment tomorrow, final ultrasound in around 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: the discomfort has set in. I swear I was 9 months last time before I felt like this but DH shook his head and avoided eye contact when I mentioned it to him, so it seems my memory may be faulty haha. I also tweaked my back this weekend getting laundry out the machine (so dumb), so that coupled with being preggo and having a 17 month old who still likes to be carried whenever she can get away with it are making for some fun times!

Rants/Raves: Can’t believe I’m at the 8 month mark already, time is really flying for me. 

Questions:

GTKY: I could definitely use a dose of positivity/good news going into this week. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week? We’ve finally started taking steps to start looking to buy our first house and are speaking with the real estate agent today so he can start pulling together some options! This is going to be extremely frustrating because our housing market is ridiculous, but I’m really happy we’re finally moving forward. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @princessjenney - I’m sorry the anxiety has set in! I’m nervous for this go around as well as we had some complications last time that could be repeated again (or may not and it could all be perfect!). I had heard of the separations in the early covid days when the mom was positive, but last I had read most hospitals seemed to have switched to just requiring masks be worn and keeping everyone together. I hope your area has gone that way too!
  • @finnflan congratulations on taking the next step on buying a house! I hope your process goes as smooth as possible. We bought ours in an extremely fast market too, but I firmly believe that we ended up in the house that was meant to be ours and we love it way more than any of the many offers we made before it that went no where. 😊
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 31+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Ryan 💙 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: head of romaine or a coconut -- these seem like really different sizes lol

Upcoming appointments: Next OB appt next Monday, kind of surreal to be going every 2 weeks now

How are you feeling?: Nesting like crazy and suffering the physical consequences. I love the nesting bug bc I feel so productive and my house and never been so clean.  But, I end up pushing too hard physically and then my pubic bone feel like it's broken.  It hurts so bad.

Rants/Raves: I've been thinking more about how this will be my last pregnancy and it makes me sad bc I've essentially complained about how physically difficult it's been the whole time.  I'm going to try to take it easier so I can control the amount of pain I'm in (at least a little), so that I can appreciate the last few months of this chapter of my life. 

Questions: When do you guys plan on taking leave? I was planning on taking the week before my c-section off but I read somewhere online that I can take 2 weeks of short term disability before expected delivery, so I may just do that this time.  I've got a call scheduled with our "leave concierge" about it later this week.

GTKY: I could definitely use a dose of positivity/good news going into this week. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?  Nothing huge but I had a lot of great sweet moments with my son this week.  I'm just soaking in all the sweet moments while he's my only baby boy 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • @juliebeannn - I had a week+ off before my first and I honestly was bored. I’d gotten most of my prep done before that and was just sitting around waiting haha. This time around I’m due March 7th (Sunday) so am working through til the Friday March 5th. It’s work from home anyway so no one’s going to really notice if I’m not that productive, but it will give me something to distract myself with plus get paid and not have to use up leave (I’m in Canada though so we have a very different system for time off).
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink x 2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Two butternut squash

Upcoming appointments: MFM and OB tomorrow

How are you feeling?: Starting to feel more tired and achy, my sciatica was not a fan of me on Saturday night after I spent a lot of time on Saturday spin mopping every floor in my house with water-bleach-tide like gocleanco suggests haha! 

Rants/Raves: Things are definitely getting more real over here, I'm interviewing temps for my maternity leave, I'm pretty sure MFM is going to bump me to every 2 week appointments starting tomorrow. I have to start thinking about what I need to order for my hospital bag, and I need to get some baby toiletries - baby wash, diapers, diaper cream etc. We're going to do the Moms on Call digital course for 0-6 months old, so we should probably get moving on that. I also am going to start the birth conversation with my OB tomorrow, depending on how the girls are positioned in my US. It's wild that I'm at this point!

Questions: Total FTM question, but what do I need to pack to bring them home from the hospital in terms of cold-weather gear? It's going to be March in New England, so still pretty cold. I'll put them in their seats in their outfits, no coats, but I assume just tuck heavy blankets around them after they're buckled? 

GTKY: I could definitely use a dose of positivity/good news going into this week. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week? We found out that my MiL is interested in moving to the same area we're considering moving to in a few years! Score one for childcare! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 you could consider getting bunting bags for their car seats, which have holes for the straps to go through and then zip up once they’re buckled in. Like this: JJ Cole - Original Bundleme, Canopy Style Bunting Bag to Protect Baby from Cold and Winter Weather in Car Seats and Strollers, Blackout, Infant https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07HBSZ79W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_Yyk.FbA5W8JAF
  • Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
  • @finnflan @juliebeannn Thanks! I was finding in my research that anything under the straps is a no-no, so the "shower cap" style cover is where I'm leaning. I'm trying to plan ahead, since we'll be taking them out to the pediatrician in the first few weeks and that's about it, but I'd just like to be prepared. I do have "regular" car seat covers for once it's not frigid out so no one can touch them too. 

• @juliebeannn - good point! I haven’t used them in the car seat before and hadn’t thought of that, but now that you point it out the one we use in our stroller in the winter does make it a bit harder to do the straps up, so same would be true for car seat. 

@mvt2003 DD1 was a July baby so we didn’t have to deal with winter when she was super little, but in winter we’d just make sure she had a good base layer, a warm hat, and blankets tucked overtop when we ran to the car (and put the sun shade up to block wind/snow). We’d also have one of us warm up the car in advance where we could. 
  • Also @finnflan we actually just met with our realtor last week to start the process of house hunting as well! Hope things go smoothly for you guys!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @manillabar How sweet of your coworkers and your hubby!! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29+5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink, Naomi

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: squash

Upcoming appointments: next week for a prenatal, I'm already on every 2 weeks!

How are you feeling?: Ok...just exhausted and huge lol. 

Rants/Raves: nesting is getting crazy! I've held off on online impulse buys for almost an entire week! I may have created like 10 different amazon lists tho 😃

Questions:

GTKY: I could definitely use a dose of positivity/good news going into this week. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week. Just planning and visualizing our home birth- I received a lot more information from my midwife and feel so confident and excited! 
  • @juliebeannn @princessjenney I'm totally with you on overdoing it and then paying the price physically. I'm at the point where I have to wear my tennis shoes in the house if I'm doing any type of cleaning or cooking for an extended period of time (by that I mean like over 30 min 😂) otherwise my lower back is on fire. Then I move directly to the couch with a heating pad on my back. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 3/7 being induced 3/2, 32w 3d.

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a squash or Sherlock's hat

Upcoming appointments: today growth scan and ob

How are you feeling?: I don't really want to answer. I'm having a lot of pain in my outer thigh on both sides and cannot get comfortable more than 3 minutes except when laying on the couch. Husband has a rule that no one sleeps on the couch because that will ruin it. Sorry, my love, but screw THAT. 

Rants/Raves: of it's not the pain, it's baby girl kicking everything when I try to find another position to get comfortable in. I'm exhausted and trying not to get emotional, but I'm pretty sure I'm sick of sharing my body. I'm definitely sick of bad news and finding out important work stuff last minute. Like I found out yesterday that I'm being moved to a new section under a different boss effective Friday and I don't know how flexible he is with doctor appointments and stuff. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: I could definitely use a dose of positivity/good news going into this week. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?  Our porch finally got finished. We had been holding off on a railing because, by code, we didn't really need one. It got installed yesterday and it looks amazing. And now we have a toddler cage for next summer! 
  • @kloe818 I'm sorry you're feeling so uncomfortable! And that work stuff sounds super frustrating. Sending you positive vibes and hoping your new boss is flexible ❤️
  • @sunny_native14 thank you sunshine...I will ask what I can do for it at my appointment today. 
    @treebagel yay!
  • @treebagel Yay!!! Congratulations! That's so exciting!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 9, 32+1 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a squash or a license plate

Upcoming appointments: an OB appointment next week. 

How are you feeling?: honestly, exhausted. I’m ready for this baby to here!! I honestly feel like I’ll be more rested/energized during the newborn phase than this third trimester. 

Rants/Raves: rave- we finally ordered a crib for baby!! My husband and I were laughing about how different the second baby has been for us. With our first we had everything prepped and ready to go two months before his due date. This one, we realized baby could come in a month and we need a place for them to sleep, hopped on Buy Buy Baby, picked a crib in ten minutes and called it a day 😂

Questions:

GTKY: I could definitely use a dose of positivity/good news going into this week. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week? My husband stayed home from work to help me for a day. Working from home with a toddler is so draining, I nearly cried when I was able to sit in my room all day and just get things done. 
  • @treebagel hooray for leaving that job! I'm so happy for you!
    @kloe818 sorry you are feeling so uncomfortable. I definitely slept on the couch for the last 6ish weeks of my last pregnancy. I haven't gotten to that point yet with this one but I think I may be there soon.

@jfcmomoftwo that definitely sounds like a great reprieve, glad your husband was able to help in that way! And I know what you mean, I have practically nothing ready for this baby. I just started going through my daughter's old clothes a week or so ago, and just started looking at our car seats for the expiration dates, haha
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @kloe818 I'm so sorry you're so uncomfortable.  I hope that the transition to a new job isn't too bad and that your new boss is flexible.  

@treebagel I'm lowkey jealous that you quit your job. I'm so glad you'll be able to have all that downtime!! And it's great that they're letting you take your cert exam early! 
  • Thanks ladies. The doctor told me to use Benadryl to sleep through the pain so apparently Tylenol my only relief option. 

On a positive note I just found out one of my friends is almost 8 weeks pregnant. She miscarried a couple years ago around this time so it's been hard for her. She's a walking medical marvel, as in its a marvel how she's still alive lol. She's high risk so she's going to stick with her MFM doctor for the whole pregnancy. I'm excited for her! It's been the second best news of my day. 

My Holly is about 5 pounds and has enough hair on her head I could see it on the ultrasound and she's got bed head! The running joke with friends is that she's already got more hair than Daddy. That alone made being up at 4 almost worth it. 
  • @manillabar having him around just for that one extra day was so nice. And his company is incredible and was just so understanding which was amazing!! Haha my next task is going through our baby clothes. After that, baby has something to wear, somewhere to sleep, a way to eat, diapers, and a carseat so we’re all set in my opinion. I might go out and buy some cute swaddles if I’m feeling fancy. 
  • @jfcmomoftwo omg working from home with a kiddo is SO HARD.  I can't believe you've been doing it all this time! I'm so glad to hear that you husband was able to take the kid off your hands for a day!!! 
  • @juliebeannn it’s sooooooo hard. The emotional burden is probably the worst part because I just feel like crap for letting him watch Paw Patrol all day. I’m so ready for this baby to arrive so I can refocus all of my attention on the two of them and their needs!!
  • @travandas I've been thinking of you! Glad to hear the girls passed their BPPs and NSTs! You're doing great, and speaking as a fellow twin mom this whole carrying two babies in there is NO JOKE! 

• edited January 2021
    @firsttimemamabear9 that sounds scary! So glad everything turned out ok ❤️
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 30w4d due 3/22

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Zucchini

Upcoming appointments: 1/27 - Going every 2 weeks now. 

How are you feeling?: The belly is starting to feel more and more uncomfortable, I'm starting to get more Braxton Hicks sporadically, but on a happy note the heartburn went away and I'm sleeping better!

Rants/Raves: I believe I had a full on contraction last week and that was scary. That sucker made me not be able to talk. Thankfully it only happened one time. The rest were just Braxton Hicks here and there. As for raves I'm still trucking along working FT and feeling good. Oh and I pretty much have absolutely everything I need for when my little guy arrives!! :)

Questions:

GTKY: I could definitely use a dose of positivity/good news going into this week. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week? The best thing to happen was my sweetheart drove 14 hours to spend a few days with me. It was so good to see him and he was so excited to feel our little one kick. We also got to go for a 3D Ultrasound and he also got to go to my appointment with me on Monday. : )
  • travandastravandas member
    edited January 2021
    mvt2003 said:
    @travandas I've been thinking of you! Glad to hear the girls passed their BPPs and NSTs! You're doing great, and speaking as a fellow twin mom this whole carrying two babies in there is NO JOKE! 
    Same here! Sorry, I haven’t been around...Carrying twins is definitely hard! I feel like a beached whale half the time. LOL Yesterday I went to the dr. 33+2 and was measuring 41 weeks! My Dr. was joking with me saying I was past due! How are your babies positioned? Mine are both head down and holy pressure Batman!
  • @travandas Nice to see you around! I've been thinking about you too. I can't imagine what you've been feeling! I have one toddler and am carrying one baby and I hardly feel like I can survive. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @manillabar Yes, there is a lot of kicking and stretching going on. I was in tears one night because baby B pushed so hard on my rib. I wouldn’t change it for the world and I know they need to keep growing so we can try to avoid NICU time. That’s what keeps me going. My 19month old is starting to get very hard to keep up with. He’s easy to redirect but I’m not supposed to be lifting him up anymore. How are you feeling/doing? 
  • @travandas I can't even imagine having both head down already! My baby A is head down, and B is breech, so I get a bit of relief although they're getting super heavy. I've definitely started feeling pretty uncomfortable though, so I know it's coming for me!

• @travandas yes I’m glad my daughter understands I can’t pick her up anymore but even just playing with her is wearing me out super quickly! Otherwise we’re hanging in there! Hard to believe we’re going to be having these babies really soon!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @mvt2003 Are you planning on trying a vaginal delivery or having a c-section?  I hope baby B flips for you if you are having a vaginal!  But it is definitely uncomfortable having both head down.  lol

@manillabar I hear ya...It's so hard for me to sit on the floor and play with my 19 month old...He wears me out quickly...I look forward to nap time!  lol  I can't believe we are going to have these babies soon!  It's official today...The two week countdown starts today for me... :o
  • @travandas omg two weeks!!!!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017