June 2021 Moms

Annoying Things Others Say to Pregnant People 🤬

People seem to lose all manners with pregnant people! Especially ILs and perfect strangers 😡

Re: Annoying Things Others Say to Pregnant People 🤬

• Loading the player...
  • akoros said:
    Wasn't directly said to me (as very few know I'm pregnant), but my mom's friend insisted that she organize a prayer session of all her friends so they can pray together for us to conceive and that it's a boy, since boys are easier. My mom (who is only lightly religious, and more the Catholic solitary-prayer type) just told her that plenty of people are praying already. Kind of awkward...
    Oh ew. That's really uncomfortable.
  • @remi1014 _ I'm having a boy after two girls, and I'm getting those "Oh finally!" comments. I would have really liked three girls, and I'm actually kind of terrified to have a boy, so those people can shove it.
    Same here, I'm honestly scared to have a boy and how different it will be. All I know is girls. In my head I know it can't be *that* different but still. I'm kicking around the idea of just not telling our families that its a boy and just having it be a "surprise". I'm so petty. lol
  • @Maggie1202 Yeah...I'm not sure exactly what my response will be if get that comment, but it'd be blunt and not very pretty.
  • Just that quarantine comment potential makes me want to announce on social media more bc if anything I'm going to be like yeah, 18 months of trying, multiple miscarriages, daily shots, tons of pills and here we are. I have no poker face and am very open about my losses and am not going to want to do the whole thing with every person we tell. 
  • My mother made a quarantine comment when I told her. 
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• @_orchid_ Yeah, I'm thinking about holding on social media until after birth (hopefully), but when I do I'm planning to include some language about how it was a rough journey to get to that point. Most of our families know about our second loss, but not a lot of friends do and even fewer people (family or friends) know about the first. 
  • Luckily we haven’t been hit with the quarantine comment, but my MIL responded with about 7 “goods” in a row and then said she could finally stop asking when we were having #2. Sorry, but you repeatedly asking had exactly zero to do with our timing... 
  • The only quarantine comment I've gotten, thankfully, was in the form of a Christmas onesie from my dad (who knew how long we had been trying, did not do it in poor taste, and is literally the only person who could joke like that and I'd find it funny).
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @_orchid_ - Oh my gosh, that's the worst. I can't believe what come out of some people's mouths. 

Thankfully no one has made the quarantine comment, but I have gotten asked if this was an oopsie. I think I don't mind that one as much, because it is the third baby, way closer in age than our first two, and the only one that it didn't take 10-12 months to make. I just expected it to be harder again this time around, so I guess in a way it was an "oopsie", but we were NTNP, so I can't be too surprised.
  • @akoros i saw a really sweet announcement photo on pinterest of a onsie that said something along the lines of "1 in our arms, 2 in our hearts and 1 in our hopes." It could easily be changed to fit your specific situation, but I thought that was a great way to announce, but also let people know what's really up so they can save their rude comments.
  • @mrs_massie That is cute, thanks! 
  • Last night I told mh that the doc said baby weighed 10 ounces at my appointment Monday.  He said, really?  Your stomach looks a lot bigger than that.  🤨
  • @angelz429 bless your patience, I would’ve channeled my mother and made a SCENE at a rude comment like that!!! 

My annoying comment came from a friend who was just recently pregnant and gave birth about two weeks ago. We were texting and I sent her a picture of me now at almost 19 weeks and she says back.... “You still don’t have a bump! With girls your weight seems to go in the butt and thighs... I only got belly with Derrick!”  
  • @ashleyjillian15 whatttttttttttt 😱😩
  • @ashleyjillian15 Yikes.  Tone deaf!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @angelz429 bless your patience, I would’ve channeled my mother and made a SCENE at a rude comment like that!!! 

My annoying comment came from a friend who was just recently pregnant and gave birth about two weeks ago. We were texting and I sent her a picture of me now at almost 19 weeks and she says back.... “You still don’t have a bump! With girls your weight seems to go in the butt and thighs... I only got belly with Derrick!”  
    You're kidding?! Who thinks that is appropriate to say to someone else?? She should know better having just been pregnant. Ugh I'm sorry, thats awful
  • Whew!! That comment @ashleyjillian15. Not sure we would be friends again. 
  • @ashleyjillian15 Definitely not an overreaction. I'm not sure I could have continued that conversation with anything other than swear words.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ashleyjillian15 what a rude comment!!! And as someone having a third boy, my thighs and butt get much bigger- I have the stretch marks to show it! Definitely not all belly!!