May 2021 Moms

Thoughts about our future? (Moving platforms)

13»

Re: Thoughts about our future? (Moving platforms)

• @asf0613 I should've asked earlier. Thank you. 
  • Here are my ideas to respond to the questions posed by @asf0613
    -Admins - I think in the group we should have a thread where people can nominate admins. They would nominate by making a comment with the persons user name, and then people can vote by loving the comment. I think we should wait a few days to do this to see who ends up in the group.
    -When to officially switch - Not sure how long we want to give it for people to find it, but definitely need a few days, Monday would probably be good, a fresh start to the week.
    -Ideas for "re-introductions" - I think I new intro thread would be good, something concise for people to refer to so that they don't have to go through all the posters who introed and then never ended up actually joining.
    -Any rules we want to self implement? I think we need a discussion about who we are letting in, and I think at least initially we should keep the same set-up as on here with all the different threads. We can discuss becoming more lax as we get to know each other better.
  • Loading the player...
  • mrosek91 said:
    Here are my ideas to respond to the questions posed by @asf0613
    -Admins - I think in the group we should have a thread where people can nominate admins. They would nominate by making a comment with the persons user name, and then people can vote by loving the comment. I think we should wait a few days to do this to see who ends up in the group.
    -When to officially switch - Not sure how long we want to give it for people to find it, but definitely need a few days, Monday would probably be good, a fresh start to the week.
    -Ideas for "re-introductions" - I think I new intro thread would be good, something concise for people to refer to so that they don't have to go through all the posters who introed and then never ended up actually joining.
    -Any rules we want to self implement? I think we need a discussion about who we are letting in, and I think at least initially we should keep the same set-up as on here with all the different threads. We can discuss becoming more lax as we get to know each other better.
    I agree with all of this.  Maybe our intros can include a little more info about one another, since it's a private group. I think after 1 week we should vote in the private group if we want someone in. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @mrosek91 i agree on all your points!

-i think the admin voting idea is perfect and maybe we wait til Monday to even start that thread?  in the meantime if someone else wants to join me as person letting people in that would be great so its not only me!! lol
    for now i have only had requests from people who have been active recently so we are in good shape there.

-i will post a new thread here on the BMB to direct people, though i think we are mostly all there. and if someone requests that hasn't been active i will hold off on doing anything with their invite until Monday when we are all officially over there and can discuss and decide together,

-Maybe someone can start a new intro post at some point over next few days? that way by monday/tuesday of next week we are all intro'd?  maybe to keep that thread clean and easy to read we try to avoid replying to posts so its easy to refer to? idk just a thought.

-agreed on the thread discussi
  • @asf0613 I can help approve people if you'd like

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• thanks @mkc3888 i am going to add you as a temporary leader for now so i dont wield too much power lol