September 2021 Moms

Weekly Symptoms - 1/10

Figured I'd start a fresh thread for the new week!

How far along are you?

How are you feeling this week?

Re: Weekly Symptoms - 1/10

• I am 5+3 today.

Feeling good overall. Sore boobs and bloated by evening. 

Anyone else wake up in the morning with crazy dry mouth? Like I have been drinking plenty of water but I still wake up feeling the need to chug water to get rid of the dry mouth.
  • @cheers28 every single time I wake up it’s like I haven’t drank in 3 days lol. I keep a water tumbler next to my bed and I’m drinking at least half of it throughout the night.

I’m 5+1

I’m still having trouble falling/staying asleep, and then I’m tired all day. My boobs are HUGE (probably not actually but since I’m usually barely filling out my B cup they feel enormous...), and sore boobs come and go depending on the day. I’m not really hungry ever, and the past couple of days I’m feeling the teeniest bit nauseous when I wake up. Oh and usually I’m all about the sweet stuff and now I’m not interested in it at all...it’s so weird for me to not want something sweet after dinner!
  • Loading the player...
  • 3+6

morning sickness in full swing, usually worse if I’m up for a while or like 10 minutes after I eat. This morning I was woken up at like 6 with a huge wave of it and i was sure I was going to throw up but thankfully it passed. Nothing really sounds good to eat but nothing yet that I have full blown aversions to.
    my boobs are a little sore and I’m feeling a bit crampy and that’s been off and on for a while now. Not feeling exhausted but not feeling energized either. The couch has been my best friend the last few days though lol
  • @cheers28 I've been experiencing the dry mouth too!

6+1

Nausea is still quite bad but diclectin is definitely helping. I'm exhausted all. the. time. I haven't had much of an appetite but today that turned around and I feel like I've eaten a ton! 
  • 6w2d nausea actually isn't bad thank goodness.  Not much sounds appealing.  Exhausted all the time.  Waking up to pee at least once a night and painful gas bubbles especially at about 4/5 am.   Finished my UTI meds this morning so that's good

Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you? 4w3d

How are you feeling this week? I haven’t had any real nausea since the other night earlier this week which completely freaks me out. I was a little dizzy this morning. My sense of smell is driving me nuts. I had COVID in early Nov and I lost my smell completely for a week and then it came back slowly over the next few weeks. Now, I feel like I’m losing it again. I don’t know what is going on. I haven’t been congested or feeling sick so I’m just confused as to why my sense of smell would be fading again. It’s really annoying. 

I’m in a smaller pair of jeans today and I feel like I can actually feel some of the bloat. I usually can’t tell because I’m wearing leggings and my jeans I bought after my last pregnancy. I have lost a lot of weight and they are a size too big and they don’t bother me. I’m also emotional. I have been an the verge of crying all day again. It doesn’t help that my anxiety has kicked into full gear. 

• I'm 3 w 6 days. 
    So far I've noticed some wooziness between meals, extra thirsty and trouble sleeping but if I hadn't taken a test, I wouldn't have suspected pregnancy yet! 
    My past pregnancies took place when I was larger during cold weather, so I don't have much maternity clothes for getting through this summer. Sooo I already bought some clearance maternity tops cuz those clothes are so darn expensive! Don't judge my cheapness, haha.
  • 4+1 I haven’t had much for symptoms but today I have been so freaking thirsty! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• 4+5, this thread is making me feel so much better! I have a lot of these symptoms coming and going as well!

So far this week: dry mouth/frequently thirsty, no appetite that comes and goes, but I'm never really starving. My boobs are definitely already bigger and sometimes sore or tingly. I've been bloated for 2 weeks now, but it's not bothering me quite as much now, I can't tell if that's because it's going away or if I'm just getting used to it.
  • 3w4d.

My symptoms are super subtle. I do feel a bit uncomfortable in my stomach. Not full on nausea just... something. Maybe its just nerves at the thought of having a third child. 

I'm also feeling some "stretching" in my uterus. It doesn't feel like cramps, but it definitely feels like something is going on in that region. Its very subtle and could be psychological.  

I'm so early so I'm not surprised my symptoms aren't strong. 
  • I’m 5w2d. The insomnia has hit hard the past few nights which makes the days tough. And when I do sleep I have INSANE dreams. Other than that just the typical fatigue and bloating. Hoping to avoid the nausea more that last time!
  • @runningoncookies My sweet tooth has gone down as well. I used to always want something after dinner, but now I could care less. I feel like part of it is that I feel full faster and am usually bloated so I know it would just make me feel even more uncomfortable.

@justyouraveragemama @nasalot188 @Centralmnmom @Aerialmrs The low appetite/nothing really sounds good is the worst. It makes meal planning hard and DH isn't much help because he will eat anything I make.
  • @cheers28 yeah it’s definitely not fun😂 a new thing now is when SO snacks at night, usually I also snack at night so I’m hungry for something just out of habit but nothing sounds good lol it’s so disappointing so I just go to bed😅
  • I am 4w2d today. My main symptom is just exhaustion which actually started about a week ago before I even knew I was pregnant (it all makes sense now lol). By 3pm, I feel like I could fall asleep on the floor. And I have always had a hard time sleeping, so this shows just how tired I am. I am also feeling more hungry, which is odd to me. 

I started an exercise routine and better eating habits at the beginning of the year to try and lose weight. I have a good 15-20 pounds of fat that I wanted to lose. (Covid 15 right? haha). So, finding out I was pregnant has me all kinds of confused on this. I don't know if I should keep working out, and how many calories I can safely cut. I was static all year last year, and starting an exercise routine while pregnant has me nervous.

But either way, my symptoms of being exhausted and hungry has made it difficult to find that motivation to exercise and not eat so much. (I am bad about portion sizes). lol
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @Whitmore1027 I would keep up with the exercise but just listen to your body. I started working out regularly about a month ago so not long before the BFP and I have kept doing the same thing. As far as calories go I would probably stick with a normal calorie intake for maintaining your weight. If you're working out in addition to that you will be calorie deficient some days while still consuming a health number of calories. Of course I'm no doctor so I would confirm at your appointment tomorrow. 
    *TW LC*

• @krash_ Thank you for the advice! That actually does sound like a solid plan! I will for sure double check with my doctor. But I think that's a great idea!  :)
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• I feel you! I want to run around with my toddler and have fun.  But I generally just end up curled up in a blanket on the floor pushing a hot wheel back and forth. 
  • Ooph. Headaches, nausea and lack of appetite kicking in hard (similar timing @agea). Tell me all of your nausea tips and hacks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nausea starting over here too.  Still not full force thankfully, but it's coming. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @agea it's such a mind-truck. I haven't started the nausea but I can't wait for it to start because it gives me a peace of mind, but at the same time its actuay awful to experience.
  • @awkr seabands actually helped me last time. I should probably order some in preparation.  
  • @poodledoodleooo I forgot I'd heard that before. Didn't try with my last one, but might give them a go this time.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been waking up so much during the night.  Today I woke up at 2:30, 4:00 and then 5.  I don't have to pee or anything I just feel like it's time to wake up.  Can't the constant wakeups wait until the newborn is here. 
  • @deziraywatt yes I'm sleeping terrible too! I take forever to fall asleep, sometimes not till after midnight, and then wake up to pee in the  middle of the night and so sometimes I'm awake for the day at 4!

Has anyone had a doctor recommend unisom or benadryl for sleeping issues during pregnancy? 
  • Everyone always says “sleep while you still can” when you’re pregnant but I 100% slept better AFTER the baby was born. 
    *TW LC*

• @deziraywatt I had the worst night of sleep last night too! I’m usually waking up about every 2.5-3 hours, but last night I woke up at 12, 1, 3:30, 5, and 6. Ugh! 
  • I've started sleeping like a rock now (?) after a few nights of insomnia, so fingers crossed for some good sleep for the rest of you soon! I also had a random intense wave of nausea in the shower last night that surprised me, and then this morning I had to eat something a couple hours earlier than I normally would have eaten breakfast because I started to feel icky so.... it's coooommmmmmiiiinngggggg.....
  • Nausea over here too. I need to eat a little more frequently or it gets worse. 

I also started an exercise program recently and I’m going to keep going. I modified to some low impact but I definitely want to try to keep moving this time.

• I've been sleeping really well so far (when my 3 year old isn't waking me), but I've been so so bloated. Today I went to the top of my wardrobe, rumbled through my maternity box, and found my stretchy jeans that I wore post pregnancy with my 2 year old. They are a LOT more comfortable than my regular raw denim jeans that I wear normally.
  • I currently have COVID, so it’s hard to decipher what is what. Although I’m crying at everything, like everything. I also have had some weird vivid dreams. 

The rest is dizziness, nausea, fatigue, nothing sounds good to eat but I think that’s more covid at the moment. 
  • @arrowmama oh no!  Hope you recover soon!

I'm still in the category of nothing sounds appetizing.  Not too nauseous.  I know I need to add more fiber to my diet (constipation is real) but veggies just to taste all that good right now.  Also waking up at least once a night to pee.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Centralmnmom try Metamucil! I really dislike the taste and texture of it but I forced myself to drink a serving of it yesterday and it helped me with my bloating and constipation.
  • I had a dream last night that I was told to go ahead and go to the hospital to have the baby, but I wasn't in labor yet, and once I got to the hospital, COVID was everywhere, but they said anyone could come visit me during labor but just not once the baby was born. I was just sitting there in the hospital bed and nothing was happening (since I wasn't in labor), and then all of these uninvited people just came to visit me and hang out. Like some were family and friends, but then all of them decided to bring random people with them, and everyone wanted to give me a hug and I was like "GO AWAYYYYYYYYYYY" lol

Also, I had a bit of nausea this morning again, but not until after I drank some coffee. Eating a fig bar helped. I guess I'm still just wading a teeny tiny bit into the morning sickness arena. The annoying part is that it presents as just a non-appetite until suddenly I'm very nauseated and have to take tiny nibbles of food until it goes away.
  • @Knottie1424663410 thanks. I will have to pick some up.  I also need to start adding chia and flax seeds back into my smoothies.  I'm not a huge fan of the texture, but I need to suck it up.  Also if you log into your knot account you should be able to change your name if you want :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• <blockquote class="Quote" rel="Centralmnmom">@Knottie1424663410 thanks. I will have to pick some up.  I also need to start adding chia and flax seeds back into my smoothies.  I'm not a huge fan of the texture, but I need to suck it up.  Also if you log into your knot account you should be able to change your name if you want :)</blockquote>

Thank you, I've updated it!

New potentially triggering symptom:
    I've had some sudden cold shivers and goosebumps on my arms and legs, my first thought was that I'm about to have another loss. Before successfully carrying my 3 year old I had two first tri miscarriages. The shivers have gone away now and I'm hoping they were more morning sickness related and not anything bad, but it was a bad feeling for a moment there.
  • I have terrible acne, anyone else? Any suggestions for how to deal with it? My usual acne cream is not working as well as normal 
  • I am 5w4d and thankfully no food aversions yet. I am such a picky eater, I don't know what the heck I will do if my regular favorites don't appeal to me! My only symptoms seem to be that my boobs are sore, feel fuller, and itchy/burning nipples. Anyone else feel like there's a match being held to their nipples or am I just special?
  • @whatabout2ndbreakfast I’ve always had bad acne over my whole body, but I’m noticing an uptick in cystic acne lately. Definitely not enjoyable since they’re always painful.

@emeraldduchess you absolutely just described how my boobs have felt the past few days. Just having my bra or shirt touch my nipples makes that burning feeling so much worse