Infertility
Options

DEC 2020 FET&IVF

Re: DEC 2020 FET&IVF

• Options
    ahhh!!! @dukie001 congratulations!!! 🥳 So excited for you! Welcome to new and improved forms of worrying and stressing 😆 when is your first bloodwork? 
  • Options
    @sawasap thanks 😊 I took a ride to regular pharmacies today and in 3rd on my list they just sold me a 30-day supply without a prescription just for $28. So I’m happy 😊 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well I guess I was too happy too soon. I think I’m out. My dark line turned into a faint. I’m having a chemical 😢. I have my beta tomorrow, but I already know how it’s going to turn out...ugh..been there before

• Options
    @dukie001 ughh my heart just sank for you 😔 I hope you’re wrong and get a positive beta 🤞🏻
  • Options
    @dukie001 I’m sorry. That’s so tough. I hope the beta comes back positive. We’re here for you regardless ❤️
  • Options
    @kam @sawasap thank you guys 💕 I want to think positive, but you all know how it usually goes. Agh...I feel sad 😔 i hate this IF roller coaster. 
  • Options
    @dukie001 how did it go? How are you feeling? 
  • Options
    @kam174 Hey! I still didn’t get the results. It’s a long story... probably could happen just to me 🤦🏻‍♀️my luck. I’ll write about it tomorrow. But I’m not very optimistic. I’m preparing for the worst, and just sad. I don’t want to cry or anything and I’m not mad or angry, just sad. 
    How are you? You are getting your first scan tomorrow, aren’t you? That’s exciting 💕 . Good luck to you 😊
  • Options
    @dukie001 ahh how frustrating! I hate the “not knowing” part of all of this, which as you know, is so much of it 😖 well my fingers are still crossed for you and I’m sending you good luck!!! 💕💕

Yes first scan is tomorrow but I’m still so nervous. Anything can happen 😞 a positive test doesn’t equal a baby, so I’m trying not to get my hopes up for tomorrow. My husband doesn’t get it - he’s like “we’re pregnant! Relax!” 😑 And all I can think is how 99% of the women I know have miscarried at one point or another. And many of them weren’t even battling IF. I guess we will see tomorrow ... 
  • Options
    Got my beta back and I was right I’m having chemical. It came at 14. I have one more shot at FET and that’s it. Of course my clinic wants me to repeat beta just because officially I’m pregnant, but I know the numbers just dropping. I will do another cycle in January.
    Best of luck to you all!!!
  • Options
    @dukie001 I’m sorry, I wish the news was better for you 💕 Here’s hoping for a better result in January!!
  • Options
    @sawasap thanks girl 😊 Hope for the best, right. I had some week moments today, couple tears and gin and tonics. God works mysterious ways, may be what happened is for the best. I’m trying to reason it, but only go so far. 
    How are you doing?
  • Options
    @dukie001 I’m doing OK. Still no symptoms, other than fatigue, which could just be the progesterone. Less than a week away from beta now! 
  • Options
    @sawasap I think fatigue is the best symptom out of all 😉
  • Options
    @dukie001 I’m so sorry 😔 I was rooting for you. I’ve heard the more transfers you do - the better your chances become 🤞🏻 hopefully January will be your month!
  • Options
    dukie001dukie001 member
    edited December 2020
    @kam174 Thank you! I hope that too. I can do it one more time and that’s it I’ll be out of my embabies.
  • Options
    I’m having some minor spotting since last night and it’s now definitely too late for it to be implantation bleeding. I know progesterone can cause this too sometimes, but I’m mentally preparing for a bfn on Monday. 
  • Options
    @sawasap don’t count yourself out, there is so much blood flow in/to the uterus right now, minor bleeding are so common during IVF pregnancies (successful once). 
  • Options
    @sawasap ugh yes bleeding is always stressful (as if this process isn’t stressful enough!) but something like 20% of women experience bleeding - so I agree, don’t count yourself out just yet! You might just be part of that *lucky* 20% 😏
  • Options
    @dukie001 @kam174 Thanks, ladies! I know it’s not a definite no at this point, just preparing for the worst - I haven’t been a part of any lucky percentage in the last three years, so it’s hard to be optimistic this time. 
  • Options
    @kam174 How did the scan go yesterday?
  • Options
    @sawasap so far so good 🤞🏻 Was able to see the yolk sac. Next week they said we might be able to hear a heart beat. It’s all very surreal, and I stressed all week leading up to that appointment. I’ve decided no more stressing 🙅🏼‍♀️ It’s too emotionally draining and I’m done with it ... we’ll see 😆 

How are you feeling?? How is the 2ww going? Your beta isn’t until after the New Year right? 
  • Options
    @kam174 Still spotting, so not feeling super hopeful. Beta is on the 4th, so will know for sure then. Physically feeling fine though, just waiting for the test. 
  • Options
    @sawasap good luck!! Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻💕 
  • Options
    I was wrong! I had my beta this morning and just got the call - I’m pregnant!! I’m so excited and was entirely NOT ready for that. Scared the cat with my reaction lol. The nurse said I’m at risk for an ectopic pregnancy (not sure if that’s the normal IVF risk or if there’s something they can see in the bloodwork), so I go back in on Friday for more bloodwork and for an ultrasound. But for now, we’re going to be happy and excited! At the very least, I know I can get pregnant now, which I wasn’t sure about before. 

• Options
    @sawasap Congratulations!!! WooHoo!
  • Options
    -delurking-
    @sawasap
    Yay! I had the very same experience with my IVF cycle -- I figured it was a BFN (started spotting, no luck in 5 years so why now?, etc) and was completely blown off my feet with a BFP.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    @sawasap I was just coming on here to ask how it went! So happy for you!! Congratulations 💕
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It still doesn’t feel real. Trying to temper the excitement until Friday, but feeling a lot more optimistic now than I did last week
  • Options
    So this has been a day. TW: discussion of potential pregnancy loss

The spotting had stopped when I stopped the Endometrin (under doctor’s orders). It came back this morning and was more like a period than spotting. I of course freaked the f out and was absolutely certain I was having a miscarriage. I called the clinic and they had me in again for another blood test to find out. Four hours after the appointment (five hours since the bleeding started), it was confirmed that I am still pregnant and my HCG is still rising nicely, but my progesterone has dropped. We’ve been told to “be conservative” because of my progesterone levels, plus the risk for ectopic pregnancy... I’m relieved I haven’t miscarried yet, but it’s something that is still on the table. I asked the nurse if I should restart the Endometrin and she’s going to speak with my doctor and get back to me, but said if I was headed toward a miscarriage, the Endometrin probably wouldn’t stop it. Trying to stay hopeful, but it’s tough when there are now two reasons to worry and nothing I can do about either one. 

• Options
    @sawasap sorry you have to go through it. But if your HCG is doubling then it’s a good sign right? I thought that progesterone during IVF is maintained with meds. May be they can increase your dosage? Fingers crossed for you and good outcome 💕
  • Options
    @dukie001 I guess not with my protocol? I asked about adding it back in but haven’t heard back yet. This is my first go-around so I’m just following instructions. If this one doesn’t stay, it’s definitely something I’ll be asking more about in the future. Still hoping my levels will come back up on their own though. 
  • Options
    Hi @sawasap - What are you HCG and progesterone numbers? I mainly ask because even the amount of bleeding you are talking about can be ok. I had an SCH (Hematoma) with my last pregnancy and bled on/off for 16weeks enough to wear a pad all day. I am early pregnant now and in that window where my bleeding started last time (I will be 6wks on Sat and that's when it started last time) so I am nervous and totally understand your fears!! Good luck to you!! Look forward to hearing your update.
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Options
    @ladyp0tter Thank you! Makes me feel a bit better than someone else has experienced this kind of bleeding and been fine. It seems to be getting lighter now anyway, so maybe it’ll be ok? I have another blood test and an ultrasound tomorrow, to rule out an ectopic pregnancy, and I’ll see if I can get actual numbers then. They generally just tell me whether the numbers are good or not. 
  • Options
    @sawasap - I have been dealing with infertility since I was 26yrs old. Thankfully I figured out my issues early on (by the time I was 27) but between 26-34 I had lost 6 pregnancies and had two successful ones with medication and extra help!! I really feel like at LEAST knowing two things....1. that your HCG is doubling within 48-72 hrs the first week 1/2, then it CAN slow down to 72-96hrs (usually once your HCG is over 1200 it slows a bit). 2. knowing your progesterone #. This really needs to be above 10 to maintain a healthy pregnancy (now, I have heard of women with lower that have been ok), however it is more likely and research shows that it should be between 11-20 (and even higher in some cases) to be considered "healthy" during the first few weeks. In my first few pregnancies (singletons) my levels were always around 12-18 ish. I lost those due to a blood clotting disorder. I finally started taking baby aspirin which helped me with my oldest daughter (now 17yrs old). My twins however, my progesterone was like 53 out the gate!! I KNEW when I got my first result that I probably had more than one and was NOT surprised at my first ultrasound. I even yelled..I KNEW IT!!! haha. 

This pregnancy (now me at 45yrs old) and having to use IVF, my first progesterone level at 11dp5dt was only 25.5, which is still perfectly fine. My next one at 13dp5dt was 25.9, so it went up a bit...great! Then at 18dp5dt, it was only 21.5...of course my mind IMMEDIATELY FREAKED!! But the Dr. said that the fact that it is over 20 is still perfectly fine at this stage. 

Anyway, that is just a long winded way to say numbers matter and although some people prefer to let the Dr.'s be the judge alone, for me, I like to research because not all Dr.'s feel the same way about numbers. I feel like we have to be our own advocate much of the time because to them we are just another patient. Good luck!!!
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Options
    @sawasap Hey girl! How are you? How is everything going 💕
  • Options
    @dukie001 It’s still a mixed bag, but mostly good? I had an ultrasound on Friday, confirmed that I have a yolk sac in my uterus, so yay, not ectopic! The blood results were the mixed part. My HCG is over 1382 (apparently that’s the highest level they can indicate with their equipment), but my progesterone is down to 16.7. It started at 45 last Monday and was 26 on Wednesday. But the ultrasound looked good and the doctor said everything was developing exactly as they’d expect at this point... I’m waiting to hear back from the clinic to see if they want me in for another ultrasound to check in earlier than originally planned. If not, I’m back in on the 19th and we’ll see what’s there. 
  • Options
    @sawasap As long as your LO is growing good 🥰 then everything is good!
  • Options
    @dukie001 That’s what I keep telling myself! I’m hoping that my US next week is all good and maybe that will let me shrug off some of this worry - but like @kam174, I’m finding it hard to get out of the negative mindset. How are you doing? Any news on timing for your next FET?
  • Options
    @sawasap my next FET is not until March. It’s been delayed again. I was hoping for Jan, then Feb, but today I got the date of 19March.