June 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms-week of 12/20

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms-week of 12/20

• Options
    @laurad75 my OB okayed Excedrin Migraine and it works waaaay better for me. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @laurad75 If Excedrin is off the table (aspirin) I've also found Tylenol Tension Headache to work well. Kind of like Excedrin but no aspirin, just acetaminophen and caffeine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holy constipation this whole last week. I have been trying to eat a lot of fruits and foods to help you go and I finally started a stool softener. This last week has been very uncomfortable 
  • Options
    I’m on the constipation train too! And omg I think it’s sciatic nerve pain but it feels like I almost need to pop my hips.  It’s not traveling down my leg or anything (yet) but it definitely makes it hard to get moving after sitting or lying down sometimes. 
  • Options
    @sgrn18 if you have any tips for constipation, pass them my way! The nausea medicine is doing it to me I think. I’ve been trying to keep fruits in my diet like crazy and I finally started a stool softener which is helping a little but not enough. I was thinking of getting Metamucil to drink at night maybe? I have no idea. With my luck it will finally all kick in and backfire lol
  • Options
    @dogmom5 I got some relief using a combination of occasional colace, daily metamucil, dried apricots (like a 6-8 a day) and green smoothies.  I don't know how much the smoothies really help, but I make mine with kale and spinach so lots of roughage and even if they aren't helping at least its got lots of super healthy stuff in it that's good for baby!  My nurse told me I could take as much of the approved laxative/stool softeners as I wanted but I just don't feel okay taking that many medications so I'm trying to only do the colace once or twice a week.  After about a week of the metamucil my system got more regular and I haven't had any really painful movements for the last couple weeks.
  • Options
    Add me to the constipation symptoms. A friend of mine recommended doing a fiber one treat once a day to help with fiber. I’m going to do this, plus start back the Metamucil daily and colace periodically. I know mine is worsened by the nausea meds and calcium in heartburn meds isn’t going to help either. 
  • Options
    @ellieemc26 thanks for the advice. I’m going to get Metamucil right now! 
  • Options
    Be careful with the extra fiber if you aren’t combining it with extra water.  It did the opposite for me and made everything worse.  I’m sticking with the colace for now.  Coffee will sometimes do the trick but it’s hit or miss. 
  • Options
    @sgrn18 good to know. I have already been trying to increase my water intake but I’ll drink even more.