July 2021 Moms
Options

Read This First! Board Organization and Guidelines

Hello, welcome, and congratulations on your BFP!  Kindly take a few minutes to review the following and jump right in to the discussions and check-ins!

Some links that you may find helpful: 
What do all of those abbreviations mean?  
How to add a signature 
How to GIF 

How-To Guides: 
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already. 
-How to tag: Add an "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to. 
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. Be sure to log out and log back in after changing your username. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update. (It's also possible to change your username on The Bump sometimes under your account!)
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (sixth from the left, next to the emoji button) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler.  Or, highlight what you would like to be in the spoiler, then select spoiler in the dropdown.

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads: 
 DO: 
         -Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
        -Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below if you don't see it started yet
        -Check to see if a thread has already been started on your topic or question so we can avoid too many threads of the same topic
        -Post a thread that would apply to a fair amount of the community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: What to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc.) 
        -Comment, share advice, and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well 

DON'T: 
        -Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against the Bump's Terms Of Use (TOU)
        -Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU (there is a thread on the open 1st tri page for this)
        -Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC 
        -Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board.

Here are some weekly/monthly ideas that may be good to start with. We can always add to best suit our boards needs, so please let me know if you have any other ideas! 

SUNDAY
  • Weekly Check-In 
Monday 
  • Weekly Randoms 
TUESDAY
  • Ten Things Tuesday
WEDNESDAY
  • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
THURSDAY
  • Thankful Thursday
FRIDAY
  • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC) 
OTHER THREADS
  • Appointments Thread
  • High Risk 
  • Breastfeeding
  • PGAIF (Pregnant After Infertility)
  • Single Moms
  • Moms of Multiples
*Comment below if anyone wants to volunteer to take control of weekly posts*

*Please feel free to start any threads you wish*

I've copy/pasted this from previous boards and deleted some to keep it small now but we definitely can figure out what we like and don’t like! 

If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, post below!

Re: Read This First! Board Organization and Guidelines

• Options
    @BumpAdmin can we please make this sticky? ty!
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin please sticky this!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bkjade thanks for getting July 2021 going! I’d love a STM+ check in (you know, so we can all commiserate together when our older kids drive us crazy😂) 
  • Options
    tiggywigglestiggywiggles member
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    I’d love that too @daisy528 I have had some DAYS lately with all three of my girls 😆. Want to pick a day and I’ll add it to the list? Also, no pressure if you don’t want to - but if you’d like to start the post weekly I’ll add your @ next to it :)
  • Options
    @bkjade sure, I’ll volunteer! How about Saturdays? I don’t think we have anything else that day? 
  • Options
    I would like to start a PGAL thread if others are interested?
  • Options
    For the weekly check in thread, do we want to break it out by weeks or just one thread for all? Lurking June 2021, they broke it out by weeks. I guess it would all depend how many members we get?
  • Options
    @daisy528 I like the way June2021 broke it down by weeks.  If we dont have a large group evening breaking it down by the first 2 weeks of the month and the second 2 might be nice. 
  • Options
    @tiggywiggles I agree. June21 did an awesome job organizing their board. I’m cool with either weekly or 2 weeks together like you mentioned.
  • Options
    I would be interested @gadzooks_3, I'm PGAL as well  <3 If you want to add it to weekly, name the day and I'll add it to the list, otherwise I'll see you there  <3

I'll add an updated list here once a week, since the original post isn't editable.

@tiggywiggles @daisy528 I love this, just copied and pasted what June 2021 had set up! 
  • Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    edited November 2020
    *UPDATED*

SUNDAY
    • Weekly Check-In:
    • Week 1 (July 1-8)
    • Week 2 (July 9-16)
    • Week 3 (July 17-24)
    • Week 4 (July 25-31)
    Monday 
    • Weekly Randoms 
    TUESDAY
    • Ten Things Tuesday
    WEDNESDAY
    THURSDAY
    • Thankful Thursday
    • PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) @gadzooks_3
    FRIDAY
    •  FFFC (Flame Free Friday Confession)
    SATURDAY

OTHER THREADS
    • Appointments Thread
    • High Risk 
    • Breastfeeding
    • Single Moms
    • Moms of Multiples
  • Options
    I always like Thursday for PGAL, pairs it with Thankful Thursday which I always found to be good for mental health. 

May I suggest one weekly check in until we get more people? 
  • Options
    @gadzooks_3 that sounds perfect, I added it to the list.

I'm flex either way (I really liked the sense of community that one weekly check-in for everyone had in my last BMB but it did get insanely long sometimes). Since others have expressed interest in breaking it up by week, I'll post a poll below so everyone can vote on what they'd like to do until the group gets bigger.
  • Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    edited November 2020

Board Organization

one weekly check-in for entire board until we have more people in the group or weekly check-ins split into groups by due date? vote here ---> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7LT8GBG

• Options
    I think either way is fine. My previous BMB did by month, so I had not seen it done this way. I can see the advantages ;)
  • Options
    Do we want to have a “weekly symptoms” thread, or do you think those things would
    just go in the weekly check in thread? 
  • Options
    @daisy528 I like the idea of a symptoms thread, what do you think?
  • Options
    I like the weekly symptoms thread.  I’ve also seen a “great big questions” thread stickied (maybe in June??) that I thought was a really good idea. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I volunteer to do the FFC if no one else is interested. 
  • Options
    @kfry22 🤙 I’ll add your @ to the list!
  • Options
    @kfry22 I did it today just to get it going, but it’s all yours😊
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited November 2020
    I know it's early, but do we want to have a master name thread? 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Yeah, I’ve been thinking of names already, want to start one @nopegoat
  • Options
    @bkjade sure. I'll start it. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options

*UPDATED*

SUNDAY

• Weekly Check-In
    • Weekly Symptoms

Monday 

TUESDAY

• Ten Things Tuesday

WEDNESDAY

THURSDAY

• Thankful Thursday
    • PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) @gadzooks_3

FRIDAY

•  FFFC (Flame Free Friday Confession) @kfry22

SATURDAY

OTHER THREADS

• Appointments Thread
    • High Risk 
    • Breastfeeding
    • Single Moms
    • Moms of Multiples

• Options
    I’ll take Bitchfest on Wednesdays 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Options
    I’ll do High Risk on Tuesdays

• Options
    Just wanted to say thanks for posting this! I’ve been trying to change my username for like 3 years  :D  this outta do the trick. The abbreviations are super helpful too 
  • Options
    Hi all, how would we feel about a monthly or weekly Health Habits thread?  I think I need to be re-focusing on healthy habits so it would be a good place to keep me accountable, anybody else feeling this way?  I'm happy to start one! 
    BabyFruit Ticker