June 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms - 11/30

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms - 11/30

• @disgruntled_pelican aw hun! I’m so sorry you had to go through that worrisome night. You must be so shaken up. I’m glad everything turned out alright
  • @disgruntled_pelican omg what a scare! I'm glad you got answers in such a short amount of time and everything is okay. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @disgruntled_pelican I’m so happy you have such a good friend who was willing to drop everything and come check on you and baby. Even happier to hear all is well. 
  • My poor buggy has a little fever. He hasn't left the house in like a month since our covid exposure so I'm not worried about covid, but it sucks when your kiddos don't feel good
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @disgruntled_pelican Sending you lots of love! That sounds like such a scary situation. I'm so glad your friend could put your mind at ease a bit. Try to relax when you can this weekend!
    @ruemcclanahan I'm sorry your LO isn't feeling well! Hopefully they get better soon!!!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @mindyb2019 - great news!
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • @mindyb2019 OMG YAY!!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am to hear that news! Let's hope things keep moving along smoothly from here! <3<3
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @mindyb2019 yay for great news! That probably takes away some stress and anxiety for you. 

@ruemcclanahan I hope he feels better soon!
  • @mindyb2019 Yay for good results! 

@ruemcclanahan Sick kids are always so hard. Hope he feels better soon!

@disgruntled_pelican  SCH’s are so scary! I remember crying so much when going through mine with DD. Glad you got some reassurance quickly and that you are doing better today. Hope you have a relaxing and uneventful weekend! 
  • Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Last night was awful, he woke up every 45 mins all night long. Hoping for some naps today and a more restful night
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mindyb2019 Yay! So glad for the good news! 
  • I’m on call this weekend. It sucks. It’s been a weird week. 

Glad to hear some of the scares have been resolved positively!
  • @klj0228 I mean...that’s the rule!! He should’ve known! 🤣
  • @klj0228 that is a brilliant rule, I am going to steal that... just like my husband stole the last of our Mexican food leftovers  :D
  • @klj0228 I just have to say. You are STELLAR!! 😆🤣
  • @mc0303 I really should have got my haircut before the shutdown. It has been a year! Yikes! Glad you nails are pretty! I get so nauseous when it is warm in a store with my mask, I can’t imagine with the fumes of the nail salon. 

@klj0228 For sure that should be a rule! Glad he is catching on lol! 
  • @ramzlau same on the haircut front. Feeling like I missed my window to do things like that. Now it’ll likely not even be an option (for my comfort level anyway) until spring at the earliest. A friend told me about a trick for trimming your own hair if you have long hair, but I’ve been too chicken to try it! 
  • @ramzlau @halfanewt same. My highlights are so grown out- last got them done in January 😭 got a quick trim in July but really should've chopped it off bc there's no way I'm going again until spring at the earliest- my hair's already just about to my waist. I've been cutting DH's hair and he cuts ds' hair. 
  • On the topic of hair cuts etc.. I have an appt today to get my hair dyed and trimmed. Is it not safe during pregnancy? I was told it was ok at a salon. I had it done last time during my pregnancy and it seemed ok. 
  • @mindyb2019 I think there’s outdated advice about not getting your hair dyed bc of the fumes. My OB said it’s perfectly fine 🤷🏻‍♀️ There are some processes that use formaldehyde like the Brazilian blowout and you should def avoid those. I plan on getting my hair colored soon. After hair salons open up again here 🙄
  • @mindyb2019 my ob says it's fine and I've gotten highlights before during all trimesters! I would go today if it weren't for covid. I have very thick hair and thick stands, so getting partial highlights and a trim usually means I'm at the salon 4-6 hours and I'm not comfortable doing that right now. 
  • I gave up and am just letting my hair grow. I think I got a cut in Feb or March, but it'll be over a year before I go back. It's recently hit "mermaid hair" stage, which I'm kind of excited about (i.e. long enough to cover your boobs, like a mermaid). Luckily I generally don't dye my hair, so it's just going to get some split ends and be kind of limp as the layers grow out, but not really a big deal. I'm just not comfortable being in an enclosed space with other people for that amount of time, especially considering that I don't care that much. 
  • mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited December 2020
    Ok good. Thanks ladies. Im out at the salon now. Yay. I do have to say its not as relaxing at the salon anymore when you have to wear a mask for over an hour 😆 but at least ill look good after LOL 

@akoros I have mermaid hair lol Its getting so long and needs a cut. 
  • Y’all are making me jealous with these salon trips. My hair usually gets cut to my shoulders but it’s now way past my bra strap.  It’s wavy so when it’s longer the weight of my hair just makes it look limp.  But it’s full of volume when it’s shorter and much more manageable.  Salons should be more available soon here I hope.  I can’t wait to cut this hair off lol 
  • @akoros - I just hit the mermaid hair stage too. I haven't cut my hair since I was bored in quarantine in April, so it's gotten pretty long. 
  • @disgruntled_pelican I’m so sorry that happened but I’m glad everything is ok! 

@mindyb2019 yay for good news!