June 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - 11/30

What’s going on this week? 

Re: Weekly Randoms - 11/30

• Options
    Is it quiet in here bc everyone is shopping today?? Anyone have any non-baby scores that you're excited about? 
  • Options
    Got some maternity pants at Old Navy for 50% off. I have several sweaters for DS, so the pants will help round out my wardrobe and get my through winter.

Anyone found a good maternity coat????? I was going to get the puffer coat from Old Navy, but they are sold out. :frowning: 
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I was shopping today! The only Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping I did was some Aveda products (20% off, they rarely go on sale). Their shampoo is heavenly.

We went back into the "orange" recovery phase this weekend, so we aren't allowed to see anyone outside of our household again. My daughter is heartbroken she couldn't have her "sissy" (my niece lol) over on the weekend. 
  • Options
    @DoubleUp8 what's fb marketplace like where you're at? I see maternity coats all the time on mine and that's definitely one I'd be ok buying used- they're only used for such a short amount of time. 

@sugarcoateddonut aww sorry to hear she's missing her cousin. My kids were bummed about not seeing their cousins for Thanksgiving, but we haven't seen them in so long that it wasn't as fresh for them. Hope you guys are out of orange soon!
  • Options
    Basq is having a sirewide sale- 40% off and free shipping over $40. Their stretch mark butter is super light if anyone's as skeeved out about thick lotion as I am. 
  • Options
    I ended up grabbing the old navy maternity puffer coat a few weeks back. Glad I did now! 

My house hits the market today. Fingers crossed for a quick sell with very few viewings. 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ good idea. I will try it. We live in a cold area where you can't get away with not having it if you plan to spend more than a few minutes outside (Top 10 snowiest cities in the US). So they may get worn out here more than other places. 

~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Options
    I didn’t buy anythingggg ☹️ Nothing seemed to strike my fancy. I was a big bum the whole weekend. Wish I could be a big bum during the week too!
  • Options
    I’ve been really on the fence about getting a coat.  I know I’ll need it but somehow I’m wondering if I could get away with not zipping my jacket or something.  Who am I kidding, I’m always cold and that will make me miserable!  They really are expensive though!
  • Options
    @DoubleUp8 I second @_orchid_'s idea on looking at FB Marketplace! I had a hard time finding one within my budget, but FB had a ton of gently used coats from mamas looking to offload their maternity stuff. 

@kristah2 - good luck on the house sale! 
  • Options
    _orchid_ said:
    @sugarcoateddonut aww sorry to hear she's missing her cousin. My kids were bummed about not seeing their cousins for Thanksgiving, but we haven't seen them in so long that it wasn't as fresh for them. Hope you guys are out of orange soon!
    Aw that's a shame! Our Thanksgiving was in October, so thankfully we were able to get together for that. All this thanksgiving talk is really making me want a huge plate of stuffing. 

She sees her "sissy" everyday at the babysitters house, so don't feel too badly for her lol! She only had to go two days haha. 
  • Options
    @mc0303 I didn't buy anything either. Just not that interested and the one thing I wanted (another Google security sensor) is out of stock.

I'm punting on a coat. I have a couple stretchy/loose ones that will probably be good enough, particularly since I'm not really going anywhere. I had a bit of a traumatic experience last year, so now I'm stubbornly not buying anything until it's absolutely necessary
  • Options
    mamakate2011mamakate2011 member
    edited November 2020
    I did a TON of Christmas shopping for my three boys this weekend (and also grabbed myself a few maternity things from the motherhood sale), I’m about 95% done with the kids which is a GREAT feeling. Hubby and I are having a (very expensive, ugg) repair done on our fireplace next week so that we can use it this year, and we bought new phones...so I don’t have to worry about getting him a gift this year which is nice. I bought him some pj’s, slippers and a T-shirt and will grab a nice bottle of whiskey for him and that’ll be about it! 
    Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • Options
    Oh man what didn't I buy? :) I got some new lululemon leggings (on sale the rest of today I think), new cookware, Christmas pajamas for the family, the obligatory Bath and Body Works annual binge on candles and all things scented, and some new greenery for the house from Balsam Hill because it's a pandemic Christmas and I am super good at rationalizing spending money on things that I want before this kid comes and that's a pastime gone by the wayside! 
  • Options
    I have stuff in my target cart but I haven’t checked out yet 😂 it’s not much though.  Just a few pairs of maternity leggings and I might get a pair or two of maternity dress pants to get me by.  I am not planning on buying a coat.  I will either wear one of DH’s coats or I’ll not zip it up. I might regret saying this in a few months too haha
  • Options
    I pulled the trigger on some newborn clothes 😳 there were just such good sales at some stores! Haha and my other “treat yo self” splurge was on a couple of Hatch maternity items while they had 25% off. Has anyone gotten any of their stuff before? My friend said it’s worth the hype so hoping it’s not a waste. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    The only thing I’ve bought over the holiday weekend was a hedgehog lamp. I haven’t been super excited about any deals. I need my girls to make a list.

Name question:
    our top 3 girls names are Keira, Anya, and Jocelyn. We keep getting hung up on Jocelyn because we prefer the pronunciation of Joslyn but like the spelling of Jocelyn. My husband says we can do what we want but I’m like THEY’RE DIFFERENT NAMES.
    edit: there was no question so here it is: WDYT?
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    The only Black Friday shopping i did was buying my oldest wool base layers, socks, and sweaters because he’s at a Waldorf school that spends big portions of the day outside and he didn’t have enough of that stuff to make it through the week. Oh and I got some soap for myself from a favorite soap brand. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I think they are different names too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I’m in the camp that those are different names 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I didn't know those were different names. My first thought was they were the same name, just reconstructed spelling. I learned something new today.
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I think different names but I've had a Jocelyn pronounced Joslyn before and once she corrected me it was NBD. 
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I would pronounce Jocelyn as JOSS-LIN. I don't know if that's the same as Joslyn or different!

Sorry I went MIA for a little y'all, we went to a cabin in the mountains last week with no wifi 😳 but it was an amazing little getaway, much needed
  • Options
    Checked Old Navy again and they had a few black puffer coats back, not sure if they were restocked or just returns that they had put back on the shelf. Either way, I  pulled the trigger because I need a good winter coat, especially if we end up with all virtual learning again, DS needs to get outside. I paid full price, but even with deals I wasn't going to get a warm winter coat for less than $100, so I am happy and less stressed now, plus I now have a ton of Old Navy cash between Xmas PJs and the coat and a few pairs of maternity pants, so I will use that to stock up on tanks and things next week. 
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Options
    @DoubleUp8 Fwiw, with Old Navy I've noticed that they'll go out of stock for a couple of days and then it comes back. I kept hesitating on some sweaters and missing them, wound up hitting a slightly better sale a couple of weeks ago (everything has routinely been 40-50% off for at least a month now). If anyone's missed something on their site, just keep checking
  • Options
    Recalling our car box conversation from a few weeks ago: just got my bw results from last week's appointment and went through then to find my tsh number (good, thankfully). My Dr did also test for toxoplasmosis, and my results came back out of range, but not much. There was a bit saying the result indicates infection more than 6 months ago and to retest in a few weeks. I'm not worried about it- had cats my whole life so I'm sure exposed a long time ago- but I remembered we were talking about it a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    @_orchid_ I found out last time that I had toxoplasmosis at some point. Also not surprising, I've had a cat nearly all my life and also like to garden (apparently you can get it then, too). If it's an old infection that's fine, I think it's only a problem if it's a current infection while you're pregnant. Same with parvovirus, no idea when I got that. 
  • Options
    Ahh. I had an IV infiltration tonight with my fluid infusion. I didn’t even realize it was happening because I had my sweatshirt covering the site and I was holding my arm very still because it was in a finicky spot. My arm felt really tense and my fingers were asleep. When I moved my arm I could feel a ton of tightness near the site. I pulled my sleeve up and there was a softball sized lump! Ah! So freaky. I removed the catheter and have a warm compress on it, everything should be fine but it’s so strange to see! Plus I didn’t get my fluids, which always make me feel so much more alive.
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican i had that happen to me just once in Sept this year after I had my fluid IV in from my Leep surgery. I looked at my hand and there was a huge ass lump there. I freaked the F out to the nurse when I saw it. Its a creepy thing to see. Don't worry it will go away. Mine did. Just keep on pressing on it. Sorry you had to go though that. 
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I would pronounce Jocelyn and Joslyn the same, like how @megggosaurusrex said. How are the pronounced differently?

@ellieemc26 I didn’t buy a winter coat with dad (May ‘19). When I couldn’t zip my coat any longer I would just wear it unzipped with a heavy sweatshirt. I will probably do the same this winter.

I did some shopping over the weekend. I got DH 2 Christmas presents he wanted. I got DD some Ugg’s, a snowsuit, winter boots, hat, mittens. And I got myself some Zoe organic belly oil and belly cream.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    @MelissaMay82 and @megggosaurusrex:
    I say Jocelyn with 3 syllables: Joss-uh-lyn
    I say Joslyn with 2 syllables: Joss(or Jozz)-lyn 
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican that makes sense.

• Options
    @disgruntled_pelican oh my god how scary!!!! Thank goodness everything is okay and also I'm so happy that you had your friend 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I am sorry it was such a worrisome night. That would terrify me. I’m glad your friend was able to come over and you could see baby was okay and moving around. Will you still need to go in to be checked and seen or will her home visit be okay? 
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican that is so scary, I’m so glad your friend was able to come over with a Vscan. I had a sch with DD and would randomly gush a lot of blood (and spot almost daily) from 7-13 weeks. My OB’s office could never find it but when I finally went to mfm they saw it immediately on u/s. I actually might have another small one now but it was hard to tell on u/s last week and I’ve only had minimal spotting.

• Options
    @disgruntled_pelican oh how terrifying!  I'm so glad everything is okay and your friend was able to help you so quickly.
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican - Wow what a scary situation! You are blessed to have a friend like that and I'm so glad you had answers quickly.
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican oh I'm so sorry for your bleeding. Thankfully you have an amazing friend that was able to be at your house quickly and give you some answers. 
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican oh my gosh!! You poor thing. That must have been so scary for you. Wow. You are very lucky you have such a wonderful friend that was able to come by so quickly and help ease your mind. Im jealous too hahah. Im so glad everything is ok and baby is doing well.