June 2021 Moms

STM/STM+ Check-in 11/16

2»

Re: STM/STM+ Check-in 11/16

• How far along are you? 7w4d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 1 - 14.5 months  

How are your other kids doing this week? Great! He’s been super happy all week and just enjoying life. He likes to play a game where he climbs on my lap, pretends to climb off, then hop back on and give me kisses. And I am here for it. 

Rants/Raves: I have no motivation to work this week! 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school?

I have my undergrad in environmental science. Sadly I graduated at a time where they cut all the science jobs so I didn’t get to fulfill my dreams of working in environmental science. I ended up getting my mba and I work for a consultant firm in us immigration and policy. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I’m so sorry to hear about the pets who have crossed the rainbow bridge. I can’t even think about it because it’s so sad. Pets are the best. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Loading the player...

• How far along are you? 11 + 4

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3 boys - 8 (will be 9 on the 4th), 5 & 3 1/2

How are your other kids doing this week? Ugh. We are all on quarantine because I tested positive for Covid last week. So back to virtual school and I must say, I did not miss it. Luckily I don’t feel too horrible, symptom wise, otherwise I’d be REALLY miserable (and I’m already pretty miserable, lol)

Rants/Raves: got my NIPT results yesterday, negative/low risk (yay! I am always worried, but especially was this time because I’m 41 so risks are higher at my age) and I’m having my first & only baby GIRL! I’m still reeling and can’t quite believe it!

Concerns/Questions: natm

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school? I have my BBA in Management Information Systems. I didn’t do anything with it and the last 10 years of my career I’ve done retail merchandising/buying for bigger corporate retail companies. But I’ve been a SAHM since DS#3 was born 3.5 years ago. 
    Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • How far along are you? 11w5d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS is 4

How are your other kids doing this week? He's doing well. 

Rants/Raves: We found out yesterday that this baby is another boy and our son was so excited when we told him. 

Concerns/Questions: NATM

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school? I have my bachelor's in criminal justice as I changed majors second semester of Junior year because organic chemistry was too hard. 😂 I have a master's in homeland security and emergency preparedness and then I have a second master's degree but in public administration. 
  • How far along are you? 11+5 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS 3... Soon to be 4 😭

How are your other kids doing this week? He's fine. He comes home from school every day with a big hug for me and then promptly kisses belly and says I missed you baby. He is beyond excited to have a sibling. 

Rants/Raves: still feel like junk everyday, particularly the afternoons are the worst. 

Concerns/Questions: NATM

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school? Majored in Finance. I work as an insurance broker, so have put that degree to use. 
  • Y’all! I’ve been trying to wean my 13 m/o and it’s been so hard 😭 But we haven’t nursed since 2:30pm yesterday despite a lot of tears on his end and mine. I didn’t know it was going to be this hard. 
  • @mc0303 - I'm sorry that you have to do this and that you and he are having a tough time. Weaning is hard enough, much less when you're almost "forced" to do it.
  • @marebear15 thank you ❤️ it’s not the way I had imagined our nursing relationship to end. 
  • @mc0303 That sounds really hard. I hope it gets better. ❤️
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mc0303 weaning is so hard. I'm sorry for both of you. ❤️❤️
  • @mc0303 the short timeline certainly doesn’t help. I’ve heard of snuggles/snack or milk in a sippy cup can try and reclaim some of that close time. 

I also tried to reduce associations (hid the boppy, avoid sitting in my usual breastfeeding spot). 

The last thing I considered, if your LO likes to read with you, there are some books that help them process (one I believe is called Mommy’s Milk is All Gone). 
  • @llamamamawearspajamapants thank you ❤️ I’ve been avoiding sitting in my usual spots which stinks since I’m so exhausted. I’ll totally check out that book! Thank you for the recommendation!