June 2021 Moms
Options

STM/STM+ Check-in 11/16

How far along are you? 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves: 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school?

Re: STM/STM+ Check-in 11/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @legallykate I definitely have less patience BUT  what she's doing now is a big milestone for her and such a good indicator of her strong relationship with you! When my kids start testing like this I try to focus on that- they're comfortable pushing limits bc they're feeling secure in their relationship with me. Consistency is key, but so hard so give yourself a break if you slip up! We find that at times when our kids are testing one parent they're very loving with the other one, and then it flips around. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 1.5

How are your other kids doing this week? She is definitely starting to tantrum when she doesn’t get her way. She has also started doing this high pitched scream when she is angry/frustrated, so that’s been fun. Overall though, she is great. @legallykate yes to the less patience.  

Rants/Raves: I was able to order 2 nuggets on back order today!! I’m so excited. If I win a chance to buy one in the lotto I will cancel one of them.

Concerns/Questions:  NATM

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school? BA in criminal justice and psychology. MS in Human Services. I worked with kids with developmental disabilities and was a case manager for kid in the court system. I then decided I wanted to change careers and went to nursing school. I went to a 2 year program so I graduated with an AS in nursing. Last year I finished my Bachelor In nursing.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    8 weeks+

two girls: 3y and 9m

Very busy! It's always fun when DD1 learns to say something or express herself in a certain way. She told me last night that she "switched" her mind, instead of "changed." 😂 She also told me when she was on the potty that she had to pee and poop, and then says, "Let's see which one wins!.....pee!" 🤣 I just can't with her. 
    DD2 is randomly walking, but mostly sticks to her crab crawl. So I currently have two toddlers in the house 😳

Rants/Raves: 
    Just wish I could feel better. I have been able to take less medication if I eat something with protein every two hours or so, which makes me less tired.

Concerns/Questions: 
    NATM

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school?
    I majored in Professional Writing.

@mc0303 - Hope you have a good ultrasound tomorrow! Are they going to be dating you with this one?

@laurad75 - What do you do now? Does it have anything to do with Communications?

@legallykate - The terrible twos are such a trying time. Thankfully, the threes have been better at my house, so maybe that's hope for you?
  • Options
    @marebear15 thank you! Yup! It’s my dating ultrasound. I didn’t have a postpartum period but I have an idea of when ovulation was bc I was temping so really hoping it’s within the date range 🥴

• Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks 

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 3.5 and 1.5 

How are your other kids doing this week? They are struggling with not seeing me as much because I’m mostly just laying down in bed. 

Rants/Raves: I just want to feel better so I can get back to being a mom. 

GTKY: I have a classics degree. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?  7+6

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2 DS, 7, 3.5

How are your other kids doing this week? They're ok, kept ds2 home from daycare today bc he has a cold. He's the only one leaving the house for anything (we're both working from home and ds1 is doing school from home) so thinking he probably just has a cold from there? We don't want to be "those" parents who send him to daycare sick but pretty sure that's where he got it. See how he sounds tomorrow. 

Rants/Raves: DH it's having anxiety bc of me feeling sick and sleeping so I'm trying to get it more together to do more. He's always like this during 1st tri, I think part of it is worry bc of my loss history. 

Concerns/Questions: natm

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school? Double majored in psych and religion, then got a masters in library science. Also 30 education credits for teaching. The early childhood psych classes were so helpful for teaching. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 11+ 2

How many kids do you already have? Ages? A 3 year old 

How are your other kids doing this week? It was her birthday last Friday and she has been pretty sweet since.

Rants: I had to put down my cat yesterday and it feels so empty in the house without her.
    Raves: We found out we are having a girl!

Concerns/Questions: NATM

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? Supply Chain Management and then got a Masters is Business Administration.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hollyk224hollyk224 member
    edited November 2020
    How far along are you? 7+5

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD is 5 (September 2015) & DS is 2.5 (February 2018)

How are your other kids doing this week? Doing good!

Rants/Raves: My first ultrasound is tomorrow morning. Excited but nervous. Looking forward to seeing baby & getting more info!

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school? I got my Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education (K-5) and taught third grade before deciding to stay home with DD in 2015.
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    How far along are you? 9 + 1

How many kids do you already have? Ages? 2; DS is 10, DD is 4

How are your other kids doing this week? Good. Plugging through virtual with DS

Rants/Raves: covid sucks. I miss Disney. 

Concerns/Questions: NTAM

math major in undergrad. Went on to get my MD. Residency in psychiatry. I practice addiction psychiatry. 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ thank you. I have actually been nurse for 8 years and in the OR for 6 years. I went through a 2 year (associates) and became an RN in 2012. I finished my bachelors of nursing last year (did it all online while working full time, mostly one 8 week class at a time).
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    @MelissaMay82 even more congrats! Schoolwork while working, with kids is a LOT to juggle!! 
  • Options
    @_orchid_ - My DH has been having anxiety about me too. He says he's barely slept the last two nights because he's worried about me sleeping. I try to joke with him that I'll sleep better if he actually sleeps, but it's kind of sweet that he's so worried.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9+2

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DD1 is 5 and DD2 is 3

How are your other kids doing this week? They are both great.  They have been so resilient during these rough weeks of me feeling awful.  I am so thankful for them.

Rants: I feel sick all the time.  I have 1-2 good hours in the morning and then it's all downhill from there.  I hate not being able to take care of my family the way I used to.  My work has also been sub-par.  
    Raves: My husband is a gem and is reassuring me this sickness won't last forever!

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school? Majored in fashion merchandising in undergrad.  I went on to be a buyer and then about 4 years ago switched to the supplier side and starting working in change management and system integration.  I just graduated with my master's degree in information technology in August.  Talk about a career change! 
  • Options
    @marebear15 I'm not working right now.  For many years I did public education for a non-profit but I left last summer when they wanted me in the office 40/week.  I quickly found a PT gig with a consulting company doing some pre-screen calls for recruiters but that fizzled during covid.  I have been trying to launch a writing business.  I have some articles and blog posts published and I'm working on a fiction project but I've been so distracted lately.  Are you a writer now?  What kind of writing do you do?

@_orchid_ OMG the conference was amazing.  They were totally gushing about how well DS is doing and how great his energy is.  I was beaming with pride.  DS is very physically capable and loves to run/ jump/ climb so I really wanted to hear that he is showing enthusiasm for other kinds of activities and is doing well socially (he has an Aug bday so he is a lot younger than some of the other kids).  They assured me that he loves art projects and story time and is forming great relationships with the other children.  

@mrsrundmc I'm so sorry about your cat.  

History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @mrsrundmc sorry to hear about your cat. But congrats on the girl! How is your toddler doing with the change?
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10+4

DD 2.5

She is great! Since we are all home it is hard keeping her entertained and find outlets for energy, but H has been doing a lot of that since I am laying on the couch being miserable. 

Rants/Raves: We are going to be in trouble if it is a baby brother instead of sister. She already has plans of what they will play together and what she is willing to share and what baby sister needs one of her own. 

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school? International Business 

@legallykate Yes to less patience. I find it helpful to voice why I have less patience. So I tell her, I am worried about baby sister, or my stomach is hurting, or I am tired. Just acknowledging how I am feeling out loud helps me realize it isn’t her, but the situation and I can ask H for help if I need a minute. 

@hollyk224 When is your DS birthday? DD is Feb 5th! 

@mrsrundmc Sorry about your cat! 

@laurad75 The conference sounds like it went amazing! I get so proud of DD when I hear good feedback from others. 
  • Options
    @laurad75 - I only write for fun now. I did a lot through high school and college, completed three novels, four screen plays, and several articles that were published during my internship. But college drained me, so I took a break, and I haven't written much since. I know that I still can, but I just haven't focused on it. 
    For work I do proofreading. During my internship, my favorite day of work was when we proofed the magazine before sending it to print. I had been offered a job right before that summer doing proofreading for a textbook company, and I knew then that I should accept. Been here seven years now, and I love it so much!
    (Disclaimer: I'm terrible at proofreading my own work, so disregard all mistakes 😂 )
  • Options
    @ramzlau DS is February 6th!
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    How far along are you?  10+3

How many kids do you already have? Ages? One DD 2.5 

How are your other kids doing this week? Great! She’s in a phase where she’s really into DH, I’ve waited years for this, lol.  

Rants/Raves: My work agreed to my request to only work from home - a big plus since we work with the public and any tasks that only involve paper (and not people) are considered easier. Downside, I will miss seeing some of my co-workers and I know some of them will have to pick up my in-person assignments for December. 

Concerns/Questions: At what point did it “click” with your kids understanding they would have a new sibling? We tried to tell DD last night but she seemed really unfazed by both the news and the u/s photo, lol. 

My undergrad is in History and Russian Literature. My Masters and PhD is in Russian History. I went into government after grad school, so I feel grateful to have set work hours and benefits instead of moving around for post docs and/or adjunct teaching forever. Sometimes I miss the scholar life and living/researching abroad. I think Covid has given me the biggest wanderlust (where I think toddler DD would totally handle a long plane ride!)

@hollyk224 DD’s birthday is March 6, so one month younger! 

• Options
    @klj0228 oh yeah the testing is definitely hard. Both kids have found buttons to push that I didn't even know existed- they can get me going from 0 to 10 over the stupidest stuff that pre-parent me could not have imagined lol. 
    @llamamamawearspajamapants your education sounds amazing! Russian history is so fascinating. I read a lot of Russian literature in college, but am not sure if I have the concentration to be able to do it again now. DS1 caught into getting a sibling when he was about 3.5 yo- when DS2 was already 3 months old 😛 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
     9 and half ish weeks

3 girls - 9, 7, and 3.5

Honestly, my kids are bananas. My older two have been really defiant and just... weird. My youngest is super extroverted and I can tell missing talking to people. Kind of a bummer of a week. I feel like a crap mom because I literally just lay on the couch when I’m home. There’s only so many times I can make “movie night” fun. 

Rants/Raves: 
    see above. My HG is really getting to me.

Concerns/Questions: 
    None atm 

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school? I have a bachelors in Biology and currently work as a chemist. I am also about halfway through a masters in public health epidemiology:) 
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    @mc0303 I work with a lot of geologist and have been cross trained to work in our geology labs. Super cool :) that’s a fun jump to finance too! Which I know zero about. 

@MelissaMay82 - I am hoping to eventually get a nursing degree as well! Congrats :) 
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    10+5 
    One 4 year old son
    He's just so amazing I'm obsessed with him.
    We got back his preschool parent teacher conference sheet (in lieu of in person meetings damn covid) and it was just a glowing review of my little dude. Talking about how kind and how friendly he is. Saying that his positivity and enthusiasm is contagious
     I SOBBED. I'm so proud of him!

Rants/Raves: 
    I'm worried that this next kid is going to be horrible because my son is as close to perfect as I can imagine

Concerns/Questions: 
    This baby is desperately wanted, but does anyone else feel guilty about their kid not being an only child anymore?

I majored in psychology with a minor in neuroscience.
    I'm a cake decorator 🤣
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ruemcclanahan yes!  I’m already worried that new baby will someday have a complex because how will they ever compare to DS. You can’t get two perfect children right?  And I’m kidding, he’s not perfect and he definitely pushes buttons but he’s really really awesome. 

I don’t know that I feel guilty but there will definitely be some jealousy and I need to prepare myself for that. It will break my heart. DS is only 2 so he will adjust quickly but it’s going to be hard for him. 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75, I feel the same. DS is the happiest, chillest kid and pretty much perfect (besides allergy stuff). 

@ruemcclanahan, I don’t know if it’s guilt or what but I do worry about not being able to spend 1 on 1 time with him. Him and I have been together every single day for his entire life as I also work from home. I put him to bed every night myself and don’t even let my husband do it. I think it’s gonna be harder on me than him probably. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Options
    @kristah2 She has asked a couple of times if the cat is coming home.  😭

@klj0228 I am sorry to hear about your dog. It is so hard.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican I love that you work with other geologists!! My type of people. I worked in environmental services before switching to corporate sustainability/ citizenship after bschool. But I miss my geo days ❤️
  • Options
    @AKuzReve I am the only person who has ever put DD to bed too. I don’t work from home but I was home for the first year of her life. I’m also the one who gets her at daycare 98% of the time and she is such a Mommy’s girl. I really want to make sure I am able to prioritize at least some one on one time with her when this baby comes. 

@mrsrundmc I am struggling knowing DD will ask about the dog too. When I pick her up now from daycare she always says “go home see coco”. 
  • Options
    @mrsrundmc @klj0228 You guys...I'm getting emotional thinking about your little one's asking about the pets.  So sad.   :'(

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    How far along are you? 12 w, 1 d

How many kids do you already have? Ages? DS 6 y/o

How are your other kids doing this week? Good. He got his yellow belt in karate. We are really proud!

Rants/Raves: Excited for the holiday and vacation! Hoping I get to see my dad who is still healing up from the procedures related to his severe infection and eye. It will be good to see him. I had my NIPT draw Monday and I am hoping my results are in my Thanksgiving so we can go into the holiday and be thankful the baby is healthy and tell DS. 

GTKY: If you've had higher education, what did you major in? If not, what did you do after high school? I went to college for History. I planned to teach so I got my masters, but then went into a job in higher ed on the administrative side, and I am very happy. All my experience with writing and research help my work.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    I love all the career and education diversity we have!
  • Options
    @klj0228 My cat was named Coco too!  Small world.
    BabyFruit Ticker