June 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms week of 11/8

Re: Weekly Randoms week of 11/8

• I took my kids to the zoo yesterday and when we were waiting in line to get in I could smell the man behind me. I kept turning around to figure out if he was closer than 6 feet (he was a couple times, but I could smell him when he was 6+ feet away). I know I have super smell right now but if I can smell your spray from 6 feet away with a mask on dude it's too much 😂
  • @_orchid_ ewww!!! Lol yeah that's way too much spray. I went to the zoo on Friday and I was like MY GOODNESS these animals smell bad lol. I had such a good time at the zoo even though my DS had zero interest in any animals. Poor quarantine baby LOVED seeing other kids and kept waving and saying hi. It melted my cold heart. 

• Loading the player...
  • @_orchid_ so gross! Maybe he put so much on so he could smell it through his mask? 

Can I just say, I hate feeling the need to qualify statements about pregnancy with “it’s early, but..”? Was talking to HR about mat leave options this morning because they’ll play a factor in childcare next year, which we need to figure out soon for DS. I know June is a ways away, but I’m also 10+ weeks in, and I need info to make decisions. Don’t judge me, HR lady. And note to me - don’t give in the judgement and make qualifying statements.
  • @halfanewt I can relate! I saw our FSA is coming up for open enrollment in a few weeks and I was thinking we need to figure out what DD preschool is going to look like for next year. Do we want her to attend while I am on maternity leave or stay home? Seems so far out from now, but decisions have to be made. 
  • @ramzlau we kept ds1 in 3 days/week (instead of 5) while I was on maternity leave with ds2. It let him keep his life/routine (he was 3) and gave me some time to rest/bond with ds2. And then the 2 days he was home we could kind of hang out as a unit and I didn't feel so bad if some days he had to watch tv/play on his own while I dealt with ds2. 
  • We also did party time for ds1. We did Tuesday and Thursday. I loved it. It’s also so much easier to go to appointments and stuff with only 1 so I did all my errands those days, got one on one time with DD and was a lot more present the days I had both kids. 
  • @sgrn18 😆 6 cans. I love chef boyardee. I used to eat it all the time as a kid and have before as an adult, but haven't eaten it for a while. My fav is the beefaroni  lol Enjoy!! 
  • @sgrn18 omg I had the weirdest craving for spaghetti o's the other day.  I didn't indulge because tomato sauce makes my heartburn unbearable right now 😫 

I did buy out my store of the last 3 containers of unsweetened applesauce though lol. I literally just chug it straight from the container (no one else in the house like it 😆) It is my only intense craving that hasn't immediately disappeared after having it. 
  • I’ve been craving gross cafeteria style pizza...the kind that’s like a square and soft lol. I even went to the market and target to look for some. Nothing! 
  • @_orchid_, ew that's too strong. I hate strong smells not pregnant so it's 100 times worse while pregnant. 

@mc0303, that is adorable. My DS also loves waving at other people and they just eat it up. 

@halfanewt, I know what you mean! There is so much to factor in! @ramzlau, we have also been thinking about this. We have a nanny so we will try to keep her here for her 3 mornings a week for some normalcy with DS. 

@mindyb2019, yay for no more needles! 
  • I was finally able to log on to a computer which is so much easier to interact with others and reply properly. I'm supposed to be working but trying to keep my mind busy before my appointment at 2 PM. 
  • @artsiefartsie if it helps spaghetti-o’ s is the furthest thing from spaghetti sauce and might not bother the heartburn 😂 
  • @kristah2 😂😂😂 that's probably true!
  • @artsiefartsie applesauce sounds so good! I have maybe 2 jars left of homemade? May have to pop one open today... 
  • I like having another smaller group and then the bigger groups for symptoms and symptoms random and stuff but if everyone prefers a larger monthly thread that works for me too
  • @DoubleUp8 i think that’s a great idea!
  • I personally prefer a larger monthly thread.  I feel like I miss out on getting to know others outside of my due date week,  and feel weird creeping the other since it isn't my week 😂
  • @DoubleUp8 agreed! I also measured a bit behind in my last ultrasound so I’m technically in Week 2 now instead of 1, but I feel like an imposter posting in another week  :D 
  • I’m down for 1 thread. Only 2 of us posted in week 3!
  • @DoubleUp8 I think that's a great idea. Im down for one big thread too. I miss out of getting to know others as well cause I'm not in there due date week. 
  • @kristah2 I like the small board too! 

I won't be offended if someone wants to start a joint weekly due date thread today!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Yes to one thread! I read them and sometimes I want to connect but don't because it's not "my week." 😬
  • Totally on board with one thread and I agree I like that our group is smaller.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Can I say thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!?
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @DoubleUp8 same!!! I’m so thrilled and I only work 3 hours on Friday. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I am sooo soo over this nausea 🤢 Friday is my long day at work. I’m not looking forward to it. But then it’s done. 
  • @jaztastic oh no. So sorry for all you have been through lately. That’s horrible. I’m also so sorry for your losses. ❤️ Glad to hear that the twins are doing great though and measuring right on track. 
  • @Omie_Wise - That's amazing that you'll have your mom for so long! My parents are leaving on Sunday, and I don't want them to go 😭
  • @jaztastic I'm so sorry for your losses and just in general everything you've had to deal with! Sending you love! ❤❤
  • @jaztastic sending you lots of virtual hugs!! ☺️ That is so much to deal with. 
  • I'm so sorry @jaztastic. That's so much going on all at the same time. Hopefully things start to chill out for you. 
  • @Omie_Wise so glad your mom is going to help you!

@jaztastic I'm sorry you have so much going on and I am so sorry for your loss. Glad the twins are doing well!
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• @jaztastic that's so much! Im sorry for your losses. Hopefully things will ease up on you!
    Pregnancy Ticker