June 2021 Moms
Options

Moms to Mutiples-October

I can't believe I am the one starting this thread, but we will use this space for anyone expecting 2 or more babies and we welcome those who have multiples in the past to for advice and support. Since it is only October, your are probably just finding out, like myself, so let's share our initial reactions, fears, thoughts, ect...

Re: Moms to Mutiples-October

• Options
    @mrs_massie I think I would go through the same emotions. One baby is hard, but maybe two isn’t too bad. Twice the fun? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrs_massie wow! Having two older sons also I would feel the same way at first. It's a lot to process!! 
  • Options
    @mrs_massie wow! I would definitely be scared to have twins. My son was such a clingy baby (and still is to this day), I would be worried for two clingy babies. At least you have two older children to help as much as they can. 
  • Options
    My husband and I are definitely in shock and trying not to panic. My oldest son was a very difficult baby (still is my difficult child) and we are trying not to think about having two of him, while also being realistic that it could happen.
  • Options
    @mrs_massie Congrats! this is so exciting. Do you know what type of twins yet? 
    \

• Options
    @mrs_massie omg twins! How exciting. Congratulations. I dont blame you for feeling the way you do. I would too. 
  • Options
    @emwj10187 yes the Dr. said they are di/di because they both have their own placenta and their own sac.
  • Options
    Wow! Congrats x 2! That’s a lot to process though. Definitely have all the emotions. How are you feeling? I heard that symptoms can be heightened with multiples. 
  • Options
    @kristah2 I'm really very nauseous and I'm so exhausted by mid day I feel like I've been drugged. I remember being very nauseous like this with my second pregnancy though, so I don't feel like that is any worse. I just hope it doesnt last as long. I was nauseous with that pregnancy until close to 20 weeks and was hospitalized for dehydration twice.
  • Options
    bklynchicabklynchica member
    edited October 2020
    Congratulations @mrs_massie !!! My Nov17 (born prematurely in September) babies are identical twins. They were my firsts, but I feel like it may be easier going from 2 to 4 than 0 to 2. You're experienced, you know how to care for babies, you know what things you need and what you don't. You got this!!! Twins are such an amazing joy.
  • Options
    @bklynchica I go back and forth between excitement and intense fear. My biggest worry right now is how to breastfeed 2, especially through the night. Sounds trivial to worry about that soon, but theres a little background story to why.
  • Options
    This is wild but my twins are 3 and they still breastfeed 🤷‍♀️ I couldn't have done all night without my husband's help. We were like an assembly line of nursing and burping. I didn't start tandem nursing until they could hold up their heads well enough. All twin moms to be who want to breastfeed should join the la leche league for moms of multiples group on Facebook!
  • Options
    jaztastic said:
    6w5d, had an ultrasound this morning and confirmed twins. So we are going from family of 4 to family of 6... While I knew this was a possibility, I definitely wasnt expecting it. Im still in a little bit of a shock. 
    Congratulations!!! It's scary and shocking, but truly the best. ♥️
  • Options
    @jaztastic so happy to have this group. Sound like we have similar situations. I have a DS 5 and DS 2.5. 
  • Options
    @mrs_massie YESSSS we do. our kids are so close in age as is. Question, are you thinking of joining May BMB? Chances are with multiples we wont make it to June. What are your thoughts? Im torn, I have reasons for both. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    @jaztastic i did introduce myself in May 2021 group prior to finding out about the twins because I'm due early June and I am a repeat csection. I also tend to go in labor prior to my csection date so it was likely I'd have the baby in May anyway. I joined in on there AMA and high risk discussion too because they only have two other moms to multiples so no dedicated discussion.
  • Options
    @mrs_massie I might do the same. Both children were delivered via csection, and with my second she was 3weeks early after being in the hospital for 2weeks trying to retain fluid. So Im having similar feelings... AMA, high risk, multiples ... probably should intro in May for good measure. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    Hi all! Nice to have some other current and future MOMs to talk to here. I'm FTM so I really don't know what to expect. A couple question for moms of multiples:

How many scans did you have during your pregnancy or how many are you scheduled for? My doctor told me once a month and then even more often later on. Seems excessive. 

Also, DH is afraid to DTD now we're expecting twins. I try to tell him this is nonsense, but there's actually something on the march of dimes website that says this could be a risk factor if you're carrying multiples.

Any thoughts appreciated. TIA
  • Options
    bklynchicabklynchica member
    edited October 2020
    Hi all! Nice to have some other current and future MOMs to talk to here. I'm FTM so I really don't know what to expect. A couple question for moms of multiples:

How many scans did you have during your pregnancy or how many are you scheduled for? My doctor told me once a month and then even more often later on. Seems excessive. 

Also, DH is afraid to DTD now we're expecting twins. I try to tell him this is nonsense, but there's actually something on the march of dimes website that says this could be a risk factor if you're carrying multiples.

Any thoughts appreciated. TIA
    It depends on what type of twins you're having. If they are mono-di, then standard of care is a growth scan every two weeks starting at 16 weeks. This is to monitor for twin to twin transfusion syndrome. If they are di-di, then every month sounds right. Definitely not excessive. Multiples are high risk, so expect a lot more scans than a singleton!