May 2021 Moms

INTRODUCTIONS

1235»

Re: INTRODUCTIONS

• @FuzzyDust I actually just had a convo with my doc about this today because she asked me if I’d consider a LEEP after this pregnancy. She mentioned there’s a lot of new information that suggests that a typical LEEP does not increase your risk for pre-term birth as much as they had previously thought and that actually a lot of LEEP patients actually have a harder time dilating. I’ll see if she can point me to any articles :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @knottie141f0e4f515b9b93 welcome!! Please consider updating your username so we can get to know you better! It's hard to keep track of the knottie names 😊
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Welcome @ccmrc143! I'm on lovenox too, so I feel your pain (literally, ha). Do you get bruising on your stomach? Mine seem to be hit or miss!

I had a subchorionic hematoma as well this pregnancy, it was about 1cm. Follow-up appt. showed it didn't get any bigger and my doc said those can be very common in early pregnancy. No one seemed too worried, so I'd try not to be if they aren't! Easier said then done sometimes!
  • @kiki047 woohoo, my DD buddy! May 29th here we come 💪
  • Wow @ruby0902 Lovenox and SCH in common! I’m sorry you’re also on this painful journey, but happy to have a buddy! Yes, the shots have been giving me so many bruises. And they sting. I’ve been moving away from my stomach toward lower back fat because it is less painful, but still so terrible. I’m seeing a hematologist in a few weeks and will ask for tips to avoid bruising—if I learn anything helpful I will let you know. That is fantastic news that your hematoma didn’t grow!!! 
  • @ccmrc143 - I use an ice cube to numb the area out first and then try to apply slow, even pressure as I'm pushing the injection in. Not 100% foolproof but seems to help a lot!
  • Welcome due date buddy @alyj202! Come say hi in the “week 2” weekly check-in sometime. 

Excited to get to know all the new mommies-to-be in our crew. 🥳
  • @dshannah glad you’re here with us. I lost my mom when I was 5 years old and pregnancy/birth brings about a whole new process of grieving. I know what it feels like to know that your mom should be there with you, helping with childcare like everyone’s else’s does. If you’re looking for a good book I recently read Motherless Mothers and really really liked it. 
  • @dshannah is it possible I remember you from the November 2020 board? I was there for 20 weeks. Anyway, welcome to this board and let's stick around 🤗
  • mimser said:
    @dshannah is it possible I remember you from the November 2020 board? I was there for 20 weeks. Anyway, welcome to this board and let's stick around 🤗
    Yes!!
    Im so sorry for your loss:( But glad you are here, too!!!

ckmb_1250 said:
    @dshannah glad you’re here with us. I lost my mom when I was 5 years old and pregnancy/birth brings about a whole new process of grieving. I know what it feels like to know that your mom should be there with you, helping with childcare like everyone’s else’s does. If you’re looking for a good book I recently read Motherless Mothers and really really liked it. 
    I’m so sorry—I can’t even imagine. I’ll take a look at that book!
  • Due date? May 16th

How’d you find out? I got pregnant through Shady Grove, so I took a blood test after my IUI. 

Other children/pets? One daughter, July 2017 baby

Job? kindergarten teacher 

Things you like to do? baking, reading, watching reality TV, running and yoga, spending time with family

Spouse/partner? Married in 2014  

First appointment? I have had a few so far, I am switching to a new OB on November 3rd 

Any symptoms? Things are getting better in my 10th week. I had nausea and extreme exhaustion so far, but both are improved. 

High risk / concerns? I want to try for a VBAC, but need to find a doctor who will support me. 
  • @mrs_massie -- @gusgus14 is also expecting twins. Might be a few others too. Congrats!
  • @mrs_massie yay fellow twin mama! There’s one more here that I know of but cannot for the life of me remember her username to tag her. I’ll have to look later!
  • @ycastillo28 is the other twin mom.  I don't think I've seen her post in a minute though.

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @gusgus14 yay very exciting! I posted in my June group and it is early for us due in June so not many have had ultrasounds yet, but the few people that posted didn't really reassure me...kind of made me more afraid lol. I'm glad we can connect. Is there a moms to multiples thread doing in May 2021 BMB, i dont think I saw one.
  • @mrs_massie we only have 2 lovely ladies on this BMB expecting twins so no dedicated Multiples thread, but so happy to have you back here if you want to hang out with us!
  • @mrs_massie no dedicated thread since there’s only a couple of us but happy to connect! I’m pretty freaked out myself and still processing and I found out about a month ago  :D I just keep telling myself other people have done this so it’s got to be possible. Just going to have to figure out what works!
  • @mrs_massie feel free to join the AMA/High Risk thread! I post on Tuesdays! I'll tag you tomorrow :)

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Due date? May 28th

How’d you find out? Missed period and a week later decided to take test.

Other children? 2 kids one boy one girl

Job? 

Things you like to do? be outside, cook/bake, decorate and garden.

Spouse/partner? Married since Nov 2009 been together for 20 yrs now.

First appointment? Yes at 6 weeks 5 days and confirmed I was pregnant. 

Any symptoms? Not really. Just a lot of fruit 

High Risk /Concerns? YES because of my age and previous preclasmnia 

• @bex_and_her_baby Welcome!! My mom had *tw* two MCs *tw* before her first, so I was worried too, but (thank G-d) I have never had an MC. I know it's a lot easier said than done, but you should try not to worry, there are no indications that MCs are hereditary.
  • @bex_and_her_baby you saw a healthy heartbeat so that's already great news! *TW* my mom had so many miscarriages she lost count, I had 4 spread across all 3 of healthy pregnancies, and my sister had none before her first healthy pregnancy. MC can happen to anyone but I don't think I'd say you're due for one❤

• ruby0902ruby0902 member
    edited November 2020
    Welcome @caroduke! I'm in the same boat as you. FTM but 5th pregnancy. Hoping these ones are our sticky beans!!♡ Glad you posted 😊

*Edited to add that I've also taken the progesterone suppositories through my first tri. Just lovely...lol.