Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Faint positive? Help!!

I got these two tests as faint positives or so I thought. These were early, only 9DPO. Then I went the day after midday to the doctor for a urine test and she said it came back negative but still is very very early. I am freaking out:( 

Re: Faint positive? Help!!

• Options

From the Welcome, New Member post.

7. Do not post pictures of pregnancy tests. 

8. Avoid listing symptoms and asking the community if you are pregnant. The best way to know if you are pregnant (and to keep your stress levels down) is to take a test and consult with your doctor. 

From the TTGP Guide, which states:

Am I Pregnant?

First thing: it is against the forum rules to ask if you are pregnant (straight forward or in a round about way) and to post pictures of HPTs asking about lines. A line is a line=pregnant. The only place you can post your HPT is What Does A Positive Test Look Like in First Tri. If you are looking for a success story, the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Trimester; Pregnant After Infertility or Pregnant After Loss boards are best suited for your question. We can not tell you if you are pregnant, so please don't ask. Take a test, if it's negative, lurk some more and get to know the community. If it's positive, congratulations, please move on to your BMB or First Tri and participate there.

Honestly, a faint line at the doctor is negative. They won’t say a pregnancy test is positive until the test line is as dark as the control line. Only time will tell. 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I got these two tests as faint positives or so I thought. These were early, only 9DPO. Then I went the day after midday to the doctor for a urine test and she said it came back negative but still is very very early. I am freaking out:( 
    QFP
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with @chindimples04, this was not an appropriate post. 

For OP and anyone else lurking, the urine tests at the doctors office are basically dollar store cheapies. They are not early pregnancy tests, and they are substantially less sensitive than an FRER. It always blows my mind when people come to the doctor before even missing a period and want us to “confirm” it. Unless we are doing a beta, what we do is not sensitive at all. 
  • Options

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options

This thread has been closed. Please do not post pictures of your pregnancy test and ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"