April 2021 Moms

STM+ Check In w/o 9/16

2»

Re: STM+ Check In w/o 9/16

• @bblair24 we won’t tell ours for awhile, probably not until right before we tell family around Thanksgiving. (If it we’re up to me, I would keep it to myself until the baby was here but sadly that’s not realistic)  They’re still struggling to adapt to a little brother at 18 months in. Honestly I am scared for the reaction. 

That said I have told my boss because with all the dry-heaving I need the OK to not turn on my video during meetings. 
  • We told our two year old right away. He’s excited and will rub/hug/kiss my belly or even “wash the baby” when we take a bath together. One of his friends has a baby sister and he’s been really obsessed with the baby sister episode on Daniel Tiger, but of course who knows how much he truly understands. 

We only see a couple of people now because of COVID and I told them too, so not worried about him spilling the beans. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We aren’t telling our kids (3.5, 2) until we are ready to make it public. They would definitely tell people - both of them. My daughter has been asking some tough questions lately though so I think she has some weird sense and kind of knows somehow? I don’t even know how that would be possible but I swear it’s true. We are planning to tell them around 12-13 weeks, just after my next appointment.

I have already told my bosses. I told both around 7-8 weeks. I would normally wait but I have been periodically going in to the building to take care of some work things and I wanted to transfer that duty to someone else as soon as possible. If Covid hadn’t forced my hand, I would have waited until after first trimester.
  • @juliebird6 my kids know and my 5 year old asked me last week how the baby got in my belly! 
  • I've already told DS, but he's not yet 2 so I don't know how much he really gets it. If you ask him "where is mama's baby?" he'll lift up my shirt and point to my belly (specifically my belly button lol). And if you ask "what is in mama's tummy?" he'll answer with "a baby"
    He'll hug and kiss my tummy too, its super sweet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @theletlers Oh my! Definitely not ready for that conversation!!  :o
  • @theletlers that’s another part of my hesitation to tell them...the questions! How did the baby get there? How will it get out? Umm...magic! 😂
  • We'll tell DD1 who is 3 after the next ultrasound at a little over 12 weeks. She was 21 months when DD2 was born and totally didn't get it. This time we need to worry about her telling people in theory but like others have said, we don't see anyone. My biggest concern is that she'll blurt it out when I'm unmuted on a call or something - like just go "mama - there's a baby in your belly?" or something. I'd be fine telling my boss around the same time but I don't want her to blurt it out before I tell my boss and have other ppl know/suspect first. Since SIL is pregnant, we told her that her cousin was going to be a big brother and asked if she wanted another baby and she was super excited about the prospect so she's going to be thrilled when we tell her :)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @juliebird6 @bblair24 I wasn’t quite ready but luckily he was easily answered. I’m not really a fan of a made up story so I just said daddy planted his seed and it made the baby grow. And when he asked how he planted the seed I said we just used teamwork to put it in my belly. And then he asked how the baby will get out so I said I’ll have to push really hard. He then demonstrated to me how hard he can push in the air and asked if it was like that so I said yeah you got it bud! 
  • @theletlers I'm with ya on not making up a story. Our 5 year old asked this summer "how did the baby get out" after a friend had a baby and I just said something like "she had doctors who helped her" and it totally satisfied her! It totally take me by surprise tho!
  • @theletlers @goldpolkadot DD1 asked last year or the year before how babies are born (she would have been 4 or 5 I guess) and I told her at the hospital with a doctor. She was okay with that. 😂 I’m hoping any questions that come up this time around will be so easily answered. I’m also not going to make up a story, although I’m not sure I want to go in to the whole process with her quite yet! 
  • I love when they are happy with a short and simple answer!