February 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 31 August

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 31 August

• Well that was a fun dive. My first BMB had a catfish but we didn’t figure it out until we had already moved to Facebook. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @mdfarmchick until after? Damn, that’s dedication to a facade for so long. It’s a little scary that people are capable of that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah. We found out in November and it was an August board. “She” had stolen this viral Santa photo as her own for our weekly picture post. 😣

Anyway, I spent too long trying to figure out what I missed that was super obvious to some of you 😆 Maybe I’ll figure it out tomorrow. 

@hannahbananas11 I wanted to call out the random drive by too but everyone has been so nice on here I didn’t want to be labeled as the mean one. 😂 I vote velociraptor. Also there was a post this week that I had to send to a friend because it was just so unbelievable for someone who was a STM 🙄😳 she talked me down and I didn’t respond because I had nothing nice to say 😂
  • 😂 I see I've missed a lot and might have to go back and read some things.

I will say my last BMB was super chill and supportive and when we moved platforms there was only one person we didn't let in (who only complained about being busy and not having time to post anything 🙄). Anyways, still really close with a bunch of them so I'm excited to see this group is pretty chill too 💙 

*I'm not using the same SN as my last board! Don't throw me into the catfish pond!
  • edited September 2020
    @jumpy57 I had the same experience as you with my last group’s move to Facebook. Pretty drama-free except for the one or two people who were surprised that we didn’t know them (all of whom had posted only a handful of times over the course of 8ish months).
  • @hannahbananas11 and as soon as we said we were moving a bunch of people that pretty much had never posted also wanted to join. 😂 I think there was a separate Facebook group for all the mystery people actually... I wonder how that went. I don't get those who want to immediately jump to Facebook, just join a Facebook group to start with 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @hannahbananas11 I completely agree with the hate being pregnant thing. Can’t eat/drink what I want. Can’t sleep how I want. Constantly tired and nauseous. Need I go on?! I’m glad I’m not the only one. I mean, I’m excited to get a baby at the end of this but we’ve already decided if we go for #3 it will be via adoption. 
  • I feel like doing the big fb groups from
    the very beginning are mostly for entertainment but not as much for getting to know anyone or for the sense of community. 

Also nothing makes you more paranoid than a cryptic call out of a STM that said something stupid. I’m like was it me? I do tend to enter my replies while doing my morning walk and I ramble so it’s plausible that y’all think I’m an idiot 🤣. @mdfarmchick
  • @birdiejo 😂 same! I had to think back like... Omg what dumb thing did I post??? 
  • Bahaha no it wasn’t anyone regular. I swear I’m not mean! It’s why I ultimately didn’t answer her. Just check out the Baby Movement thread and I bet you can figure it out 🤣 

Last night I was trying to figure out who y’all think the catfish is and then I was like, but if I can’t figure it out does that mean they think it’s me?? 🤦🏻‍♀️ And then I decided I was too tired to figure it out and it was making me paranoid. 

As for being pregnant I love the end result but it’s hard for me to get pregnant and I don’t love all the wonderful side effects. 😂
  • @mdfarmchick Oh yeahhhh, I know exactly the one. That’s the same person that makes me salty that I mentioned earlier. Probably not a catfish, just an overexaggerator.
  • I stayed up way too late last night trying to find the catfish with no success 😂 so I guess she/he still has me fooled. I like a good mystery though
  • kkfishy9 said:
    agree that a pregnancy board is such a weird place to catfish, is reading stroller recommendations really that interesting if you’re not in the market for one?! Lol. 
    Lol! Exactly! I don’t find the stroller recommendations interesting even though I am in the market! I read them so hopefully I make my life easier and manage to keep the child alive! 
  • @hannahbananas11 look at you being nice instead of calling them out lol
  • @hannahbananas11 - That thread was beautiful.

I don't get the appeal of jumping immediately to Socials in 1st or 2nd tri. Why do you want to be Facebook Group-mates and potentially give out that much personal info to people that you haven't even gotten to know yet? And I'm sure that there are probably already "month" groups for complete strangers to join on Facebook already, why would you insist it be tied to a Bump board that people have barely used yet?
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @babymamadimo 🧡 my last BMB went to proboards instead of Facebook and it works really well... We can hash it out in the 3rd trimester which lasts like 43 months
  • @babymamadimo When our group moves to Fb, you could always create a Fb account that's just for this. A few of the gals from my F19 group weren't on Fb and did that. Two of them are super active every day in our Facebook group and use their Fb accounts for literally only that. They hid their account from being searchable so that family and other people couldn't find them and try to request to be their friend. That way they could stay out of the Facebook drama game that they were avoiding in the first place, but still be active in our group. From what I can tell, it's worked really well for them! 

• Found out my neighbor’s college-age daughter (who was home over the weekend) just tested positive for COVID. The wife is getting tested tomorrow. DH works closely with the husband so if she comes back positive we’ll probably all need to as well :(
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @babymamadimo yes to the FB comment from @hannahbananas11. I deactivated about 5 yrs ago and haven’t looked back, but did make a different account that was solely for my son’s BMB that went to FB- I never added anyone besides them. It worked out well bc I knew that every time I opened my app, it was just for BMB-related posts. 
  • @hannahbananas11 AGREE. I do not enjoy being pregnant at all. I would rather have the newborn stage for twice as long than pregnancy for 9 months! haha. 
  • @PinkKathryn12 I am the complete opposite. I’d rather be pregnant than go through the newborn stage. But DS didn’t sleep at night for 8 weeks. he just cried ALL NIGHT LONG and I thought I was gonna die from exhaustion. Looking back it was probably undiagnosed reflux but I was really struggling as a FTM who basically slept a few hours during the day if I was lucky for 2 straight months. It was bad. I’m really hoping for a baby that sleeps this time. 
  • @moguippy
    makes sense! Sorry!! Hopefully this one sleeps a little more for you at least!
  • @moguippy I had a very similar newborn experience. DS had a dairy allergy, and until I figured that out with his ped. and cut dairy out of my diet at 4ish weeks, he was constantly miserable and screaming from stomach issues. I remember every single night sitting in the glider and sobbing as my husband held our inconsolable son. I thought we had made the biggest mistake by having a kid. I also had a really hellish recovery from labor that just made it all so hard. I’m preparing for the worst with #2, but hoping it’s not as bad since at least I’ll expect it this time.
  • Sammmme. I’m the worst poster but I read every day, or every other day. Between work and my three kiddos, life can be crazy. I’ve been enjoying all the posts! Don’t think I’m a creeper either!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker