November 2020 Moms
Options

August Randoms

123457»

Re: August Randoms

• Options
    Ah sorry double post... I took a nap yesterday during nap time because I just didn’t feel good. DH benefited because after I got DD to bed I surprised him with some nocturnal fun which never happens. It works out better for me because then I can just go to sleep after and don’t have to try to function with all the pressure.
  • Options
    RE kids who are testing boundaries: ME! 🙋‍♀️ I have one of those! He'll be 2 at the beginning of October and ugh, all the tantrums! He is so different than DS1 in that he's completely fearless and doesn't listen at all. Still trying to figure out how to correct him effectively because all he does now is laugh and run away! 🙄
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mtengl SOOOOO exhausting. She’s telling me she’s afraid 😟. So I think nightmares/nighttime are getting scary to her around 3-5 ish. Poor thing. 
  • Options
    @name1109 aw that really sucks. DD was waking up scream crying so it was hard not to pick her up.
  • Options
    @wychets I am almost done too. I just need to order a few things off amazon once I get the 15% discount in a week. Then in October I plan on picking up a few baby things from target like baby soap. Once my 20% discount for diapers kicks in oct 30 I plan to order a box of new horns and a box of infants and I am doooone.
  • Options
    teachingbpteachingbp member
    edited August 2020
    Wow @wychets! Super productive weekend, you must be *feel great!

I am waiting for my discount, too @mtengl 😁

Edited of course you are great, but I meant feel 😁
  • Options
    @teachingbp haha thank you!! I do, but now I’m super anxious and ready for his arrival lol!

Im also waiting on my discount also, we probably won’t need anything that I can think of until after he is born though. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @wychets I think we did that last time, wait until after baby was home and did the discount when we realized what we actually needed!
  • Options
    @wychets like @teachingbp we waited last time until DS was born and used the discount. I think we will do the same this time as well.

We bought a box of size one diapers this weekend and plan to do that every week until delivery. I skipped NB since DS never worn them. 
  • Options
    @mtengl so I might be the last person to know about the discount? 15% is for next weekend I believe. But for the 20% on diapers?
  • Options
    @bserena @kitkatz1990 I also have nothing done/bought/ready for baby. I think this week I'll start trying to get some things together and ready because the countdown is on! There's so much to do 😬
  • Options
    @name1109 for Amazon if you/other people spend $500 on your baby registry they give you 20% off diapers for a year and it can combine with the subscribe and save. I add stuff I need for DD on there and buy off it too, which led me to be able to reach the $500. 

@bserena  ah don't worry, the good thing is you can buy everything online and have it within a week... I have had to spread out my purchases between pay checks.
  • Options
    I’m so mad at Amazon and Huggies!  I read some posts about counterfeit diapers, so I don’t know if that’s what I got or what. Over 30% of my box of diapers are unusable. I keep randomly finding them missing pieces or shredded.  Huggies little movers size 5, pics in spoiler. I should have held on to them and shipped them back. I usually just buy in store. I’m tempted to take all my diapers off my Amazon registry.
    If you get any like this, I suggest you hold onto diapers and somehow send them back.

• Options
    @potofgolden did you contact amazon about it? I just ordered a huge box from amazon for the same size and type ugh I hope they are okay. I just sent half of it to daycare...
  • Options
    @mtengl I just got around to leaving a review yesterday. I probably should notify amazon directly though. I’m just not sure what else they can do since I’ve just been tossing the damaged ones and I only have one sleeve left.
  • Options
    @potofgolden  if you have photos I would contact them. They may refund or give a discount. I have gotten refunds on broken items without having to return. never hurts to try!
  • Options
    @bserena We have 3 onsies... and that's it! Waiting to LDW to buy our bassinet and whatnot and then will fill out whatever else we need over the course of the month.
  • Options
    @potofgolden oh no!! That’s super annoying but amazon has excellent customer service and will send you a new box free of charge and have you return those within 30 days. I’ve done that with a few things that arrived damaged. You don’t even need to call them just go to returns and select “damage/defective” and it will prompt from there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 woohoo! I love proving doctors wrong ;) glad you passed!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @krystrist2014 one of my best friends experienced that bias when she was pregnant with her first. They kept insisting that she had GD even though she passed both the 1 hour and the 3 hour tests! They made her test her sugar and restrict her diet just like they would have if she’d actually had GD, and her sugar was always perfect. She ended up switching doctors for her second pregnancy. I was so frustrated for her! 
  • Options
    @kitkatz1990 wow! That is terrible and frustrating! I’m glad your friend got a new doctor! Hoping my situation won’t go that route. I got a message from the OB saying that all labs came back good. I have my next appointment with them on Friday so I am hoping that they will lay off now. I think the thing that irritated me the most was that when I met with them before getting pregnant to get IUD out and discuss trying to get pregnant they never mentioned any concern about weight. Then when I met with them at the 8 week appointment to discuss plan of care it wasn’t brought up either. I was told I would be sent to high risk consult ONLY because MH was born with heart defect so we would want to have fetal echo to make sure baby’s heart developed normally. However, once I got the consult with high risk, suddenly they wanted a full blood work up for kidney function, thyroid function, liver function, wanted me to get an EKG on my heart too, and a 24hr urine collection for pre-E despite me not having any high Bp readings or swelling. So now I’m here jumping through their hoops to prove them wrong. All blood came back great. Collecting my urine today (gross)... then fetal echo tomorrow finally and follow up on all this with OB Friday. It’s an intense week for me. 😬
  • Options
    @kitkatz1990 holy wow that ia some BS. Glad she found a diff doc 2nd time around. 

@krystrist2014 ugh! That is so frustrating! I hope the fetal echo goes well and that all your test results come back good! That is really infuriating to be having to jump through their hoops :s 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @crizz13 thank you!! I responded! 

I can’t stand that I don’t get notifications here. Good thing I finally sat down to read through everything I’ve missed over the past few days. 😓😓
  • Options
    I failed my 1hour glucose test. I'm going in this week for a 3 hour test. Boo:(
  • Options
    @bundleofjoy4iluvu 🤞you pass the 3hour.