November 2020 Moms
Options

August Randoms

Re: August Randoms

• Options
    @wychets Thank you for sharing that - it's a beautiful sentiment! I don't always feel my most beautiful these day, but I do love the way my pregnant body looks and feels, even with all the discomfort. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mia80 Congrats!!!Β 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @wychets I definitely understand, I had DD1 at 19 and DD2 at 21. So I definitely appreciate the pregnancy more this time around and maybe because it was planned and the other 2 weren't - I'm way more into it. Like I love talking to her and playing with her in there. But also I love having the 3 girls who are so in love with her and ready for another baby sister.
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    @Ecat504 Yes!! My DD is so in love, she talks about him all the time and even kisses my stomach at bedtime. It really makes my heart smile to see her so happy, she has been asking for a sibling since she was 2 haha!
  • Options
    There are days when I looove how I look pregnant and others where I am like blah. I do love the feelings and movements but have a hard time with aches and pains of course. My first pregnancy with a lot of glow and being happy about it this one has been a bit tougher to be connected but the further I get along the more I am connected to this baby.Β 

I have been swamped today with work, I had a million e-mails to go through. I was kind of annoyed because they want us to have the Directors fill out an extra form for us and a lot of them are already swamped... I would rather just take the extra time to do the work myself then have someone else do it...
  • Options
    @name1109 This is where I'm at too! I've never loved pregnancy but my boys are totally worth it! I had my first at 26 and yes, it definitely gets harder. 😫
  • Options
    @bserena That is awesome!! Congrats!!

@memar12 You are a ROCK STAR!
  • Options
    I love hearing all your pregnancy stories ladies! I am in awe of all of you and all you have done!Β 

This is the first day since like 8 weeks pregnant maybe that I have not taken any nausea medicine. Also of course my OB prescribed an antacid medicine (which I think is my main issue now because it can make me nausea) but the pharmacy said it was back ordered. Luckily it is just Pepcid so I am picking up some at target later. I also am nesting already and am picking up some free and clear detergent to wash the babies clothes and organize the Girls closet (both DD and Ivy will have to share a closet). It is way soon I know but I just need to do something baby related.Β 
  • Options
    @surlyjaneausten DS1 was supposed to start preschool in September and I was so going to take the whole day off! They delayed opening until January so now I will be off but I know I'm still going to be a mess! I love that he's getting old enough to enjoy fun stuff (like zoos and amusement parks), but sad that he's not my cuddly baby anymore.Β 
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts this is so heartwarming, thanks a lot <3, Hahaha :D at "breakdancing your bladder"
    @wychets <3
    @mia80 so sorry about what you went through too. Glad we get to carry our little ones. Sending you hugs <3

• Options
    I am so late to the party, but just finished season 3 of Ozark and woooooow! So glad I finally sat down to catch up; was a wild ride!
  • Options
    Lots of Randoms Here:

Census - Have y’all filled out the census already? I just completed it on my phone. I had been delaying doing because I wanted to count this baby, but it looks like the deadline is September 30th. I’m glad I went ahead and did it, I don’t want anyone knocking at my door.Β 

Beer Β - We are on our way back from our weekend getaway to Fredericksburg, Texas. I found some new NA beers. It was my cousins 40th bday and he is taking a hiatus from alcohol, so there was several NA beers to try. It was nice not to be the only one trying them out. We also had all the regulars to pick from (odouls, Texas Select, Heineken) Β I felt spoiled! My aunt and uncle got the beers at a Central Market, which I believe is HEB’s(TX grocery chain) version of Whole Foods. You might try checking with your local grocery store to see if they can order you some. Pics in the spoiler.

Bed- I’ve slept in this bed at the AirBNB multiple times before. It is usually comfortable, not this time! My hips, butt, and back are sore and were aching all night. Some of you that experience this all the time may want to upgrade your mattress if you have the funds. I didn’t realize how comfortable my mattress was until I wasn’t sleeping in it.Β 

We need to be spoiling ourselves! This baby growing is hard work!

This was a dark beer, which isn’t my favorite taste, but it was still good.^this one was the lighted and tasted the best. Definite Favorite! Highly recommend.

Smelled like skunk, tasted like Corona.

• Options
    @potofgolden That St Pauli reminded me of a wedding I went to a few years ago. They had that beer specifically for the groom’s dad who was a recovering alcoholic but so many people were drinking it, not realizing it was NA. So funny. Sounds like it smells lovely πŸ™ˆ.Β 
  • Options
    I got the girls closet all organized this weekend. It took forever because DD was all over the place, but I got newborn clothes washed and all the swaddles and burp clothes and so on washed and put up. I also organized the drawers. I am pretty happy about it. Hopefully we can keep it pretty organized but there is a basket for everything.Β 
  • Options
    @bserena Β Goodluck!! I am sure the 2 week break is much needed!
  • Options
    @bserena good luck girl!
    @mtengl goals!!!
  • Options

Xxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    @mama-buckets Β totally understand it. I was on the verge of tears last night after fighting DD at bedtime. I just wanted to give up.
  • Options
    Hugs @mama-buckets I had one of those days the other day. They are draining.

DS turns 2 on the 25th ( 😭 )and I have no idea what to do about a party. If we did have something it would have not be his 3 sets of grandparents, one uncle, and our BFs. But at this point I’m like is it even the right thing to do. I just really don’t know what to do. The good thing is is that if we do end
    up not doing anything it’s not like he really knows. I still feel bad. I will have a little thing from here with just us with cake and presents no matter what.Β 
  • Options
    @mama-buckets that was completely me on Saturday! I may have cried because I was really craving a chocolate shake, and couldn’t have one. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ (Stupid gestational diabetes!) At least your meltdown was over bills.Β 
  • Options
    @windywoman maybe a zoom party? I did a zoom 1st birthday party for my son in May. I kept it to just my husband's and my immediate family members. It was about 45 minutes long. I had them watch his cake smash then open presents (they sent them in advance). It wasn't the same but he enjoyed it and everyone enjoyed watching him.

@mama-buckets totally normal to happen. I cry 1-2 times a day.
  • Options
    @windywoman I think it would be nice to do something to celebrate. He's turning two so he won't remember a big blowout party, anyway, so keeping it small and zooming if you want sounds like an awesome idea! FTR, my SIL who is the type to have over-the-top birthday parties for her kids decided to have a small family party for my nephews 2nd birthday. It was just great-grandmothers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins (of which there are two) and my nephew was delighted! This was pre-covid.
  • Options
    @windywoman Can you all plan to do quarantine 2 weeks before just because older adults would be there? That would probably be my only concern. Pre-COVID DD turned 1 in January and we just did something super small. It was my close friend here (AKA DD local adopted grandma), the neighbors and their two kids, and a former coworker and her 1 year old. Now I would probably just have the adopted grandma come over since she is the only one we socialize with because she takes precautions. you could just invite those you know who take precautions and already socialize with?