November 2020 Moms

My Corona $&@#

2»

Re: My Corona $&@#

• What’s your Corona story? It's been pretty much life as usual here.
    I run an inhome daycare, and have had kids coming this entire time. Fewer and different kids than usual, but still kids nonetheless. 
    I've continued grocery shopping every weekend. We've been out to eat 2 or 3 times since the dining ban was lifted the end of June.
    My oldest has done some cooking and art classes through the parks and rec to keep her sane. My almost 4 yr old has probably had it the worst.
    School started back in person yesterday. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly

How are you coping/loving this? Eh...in the middle. I'm not a big people person anyway, but I do miss monthly family dinners at hubby's grandparents house. I also miss watching my girls at gymnastics and dance

What is the first thing you want to do when all this (social distancing, area specific guidance etc) is over? Our 10 yr anniversary is next year, originally we were planning to go somewhere this summer, but that didn't happen. Not sure what type of trip we'll be able to do with an infant, but hopefully we can do something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wychetswychets member
    edited August 2020
    What’s your Corona story? I don’t want anyone to be sick or pass away however I love it here!!!! I can be in the house and have no obligation to go to a party, dinner, etc. We got our BFP the first week of March and our state wasn’t locked down yet. I believe I was in the office for two weeks before we got sent home and shut down and morning sickness showed it’s ugly face!! I was so happy to be home alllll of first tri, I was nauseous all day.

How are you coping/loving this? Again, I love it here! The only bad part is I wanted DD to be involved, see ultrasounds, and be in the delivery room. However my visits allow one guest 18 and over and I don’t know if anything will change by November:(

What is the first thing you want to do when all this (social distancing, area specific guidance etc) is over? I would say travel, but we will have a NB 😆
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • @wychets omg I started to work from home the week after I found out I was pregnant. I was really sick and also anytime I threw up I would also pee... yeah super great so I was soooo thankful I was working from home.
  • What’s your Corona story? We had been TTC with no luck (I've got PCOS). In February Dr. put me on Provera/Clomid, and got BFP early March. I want to say around March 18th my employer changed how we were working. We split into 2 teams, and rotated working 2 weeks and then off 2 weeks. It was REALLY nice while it lasted, because we still got our full pay on our weeks off. My anxiety has definitely been through the roof being pregnant during a pandemic. There is just so much we don't know about it.

How are you coping/loving this? I was enjoying when we were in 2 week rotations, but we went back to being one group in July :( This has definitely caused issues with family though. Ever since my 80+ grandparents saw all the BLM protests, they are convinced that COVID is a hoax, so they haven't been too strict with social distancing (had a garage sale a few weekends ago)... My mom and sister are taking it very seriously, and have already decided that we won't be getting together this year for Thanksgiving. Also not planning on getting together for Christmas, but my mom talked about possibly playing Santa this year. So whatever gifts I get for my parents/sisters, I will wrap and put in a box for my mom to pick up and then deliver. Luckily we all live somewhat close so it won't be a long drive. The only people we are concerned about are my grandparents - they live 2 hours away, and normally we would go to their house for Thanksgiving and go down and visit on Christmas Eve. Now I don't know when I will see them :/ 

What is the first thing you want to do when all this (social distancing, area specific guidance etc) is over? Visit with family. We have all been keeping to ourselves since this started, so it would be nice for all of us to be able to get together. 

• What’s your Corona story? I started working from home on March 16 and the next day we found out we were pregnant! We miscarried in January, so the PGAL anxiety combined with a global pandemic was A LOT at first. I felt nauseous all day every day for a couple weeks during my first trimester, so working from home was definitely a blessing. My husband is a teacher so he was also working from home. I have been back at work 3x a week since mid-June. 

How are you coping/loving this? I am coping with things pretty well. My husband has been able to come to all of my appointments with me- thank God! We have gotten together with our immediate family and a couple close friends which has been really helpful. We obviously miss being able to do certain things, but overall we feel really lucky that this hasn’t greatly impacted us. 

What is the first thing you want to do when all this (social distancing, area specific guidance etc) is over? See my Grandpa! ❤️ Celebrate holidays and milestones with family. Go out to dinner and a movie with my husband.