November 2020 Moms
Options

My Corona $&@#

Ok bad reference to My Sharona and significantly dating myself...ANYHOW. 

What’s your Corona story?

How are you coping/loving this?

What is the first thing you want to do when all this (social distancing, area specific guidance etc) is over?

Re: My Corona $&@#

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies and @laurenmicheley I feel like I am melting on a daily basis. I’m trying so hard not to take it out in the kiddos. Sometimes I wish I were an introvert 

• Options
    @name1109 I'm an introvert to a degree. I dont need to hang out with friends a lot. But what I do need is to be able to go out. I love being busy and taking DS to activities. I'm so sick of looking at the walls in our house. I miss Target. And taking DS to swim and soccer and his Tumbles class. I miss seeing him run around smiling and having fun. I try and recreate experiences at home but it just isnt the same! I was also looking forward to making some mom friends because he's getting to the age where he's starting to interact with other kids. But yes, the feeling of melting is a great way to describe this. How are your older kids doing with the change?
  • Options
    @name1109 I feel your pain. I'm so existentially bored it's insane. I'm a FTM so it's just DH myself and the dog - which is fine, but I'm DYING to see my people already! The way I see it; at least I have this pregnancy to focus on as something positive to plan for. DH jokes that by the time the pandemic is over, I'll be a board certified OB.  :D
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies our 7 yr old is doing ok. We moved when here and she started 1st grade in a new class in October. So the move itself was REALLY hard on her. I think she’s struggling a little bit she still asks to have downtime despite NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Our 4 yr old is really really struggling. I feel so so bad for her. She NEEDS friends and a park. I identify a lot with her 😭. She spends a lot of time whining and crying in the afternoon. Eventually they all end up playing around 3-4pm.  The 2.5 yr old toddler is in her own world and loving life. She’s potty training herself and generally happy. 
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley I do feel like every day is a marathon. Mainly me trying not to lose my mind while trying to work. Then feeling bad that maybe I’m not being there for the kids or doing curated crafts and all that stuff. Somehow in all that I am apparently spending 5 hours on my phone a day and feeling incredibly bored. I love to go go go go. And to feel so lazy(?) is just annoying and frustrating beyond words to me. 
  • Options
    So my corona story is slightly different than most people's. I think I probably said it somewhere before, but I work at a feed mill so I'm considered essential and have been working my normal schedule (8-5) this entire time so I feel like that's helped me not go insane! My poor DH is trying to work from home with a 3 (almost 4) year old and an 18 month old...it doesn't work very well an there are many nights he stays up until midnight or later getting the work done he couldn't do during the day. If the weather is nice we'll go outside to play in the evenings and on the weekends, but for the most part my kids watch way too much TV and it doesn't bother me as much as it should. DS 1 is clearly meant to be a homebody because he loves it and DS 2 doesn't really know what's going on so it hasn't bothered him much either. Other than work being difficult to get done with 2 kids around, I think DH isn't minding the stay at home orders either. I feel like if I didn't have work to go to I would be bored out of my mind and going insane stuck with two crazy boys at home!

When this is all over I can't wait to go back to church! (as weird as that sounds) I've grown up going pretty much every Sunday so that has been the biggest adjustment for me. Other than that I just want to be able to go out to eat and not worry about getting anyone or myself sick!

@name1109 Hang in there! I feel your pain, I don't necessarily love being busy, but I do like having things to do and I miss being able to hang out with my family!
  • Options
    mimsermimser member
    What’s your Corona story? Well last time i went in an actual store was March 15. I've been working from home since March 12 but I used to work from home 3 days a week so not that much of a change. The biggest change is having my fiancé around all day because they shut down his work in March as well. So I just have to keep him busy! I also now obviously workout at home as well.

How are you coping/loving this? I don't mind the confinement so far, I just get worried one of our close ones will get sick, or even us. I also worry about the situation when baby comes, not sure how much help we'll be able to get from our families. I think this time allowed me to take this 1st trimester at my own pace, and has avoided a few situations I would have found stressful trying to hide this pregnancy. 

What is the first thing you want to do when all this (social distancing, area specific guidance etc) is over? Go over to see our families or eat out!
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    What’s your Corona story? March 10 I got my BFP, went to work, said "See you tomorrow!" at the end of the day to my students......and haven't been back since. I went to the grocery store on 3/11 and haven't been out in public (except for my ob appointment last Friday) since. DH has been WFH since March 12. I teach 5th grade and remote learning is a LOT for us. I am required an hour live with my students every day from 9-10, I have at least one staff meeting every day, and I am required to provide an additional 1.5 hours worth of work for my students daily...and give them feedback on all assignments. Oh yeah, and I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. Both of whom are used to being in preschool/daycare (they've both gone to the same place since they were 4 months old). They're missing their friends and teachers and routines as much as I am. I KNOW I should be doing more with them, but I.Just.Can't. To say I'm overwhelmed would be the understatement of the century. 

How are you coping/loving this? Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, but there is nothing I love about this. It's been an emotional roller coaster (some days are better than others) but I am so over it and so ready to be back to normal and so depressed thinking about how much longer we have to go. At this point, I'll be happy if we can leave our house by August and I'm hoping we can go back to school in September (my oldest is supposed to start kindergarten). The only thing that's helped a little bit is getting outside when it's remotely nice out, taking drives, and limiting my googling/news exposure about the whole situation. 

What is the first thing you want to do when all this (social distancing, area specific guidance etc) is over? I don't even know. Probably drop my kids off with my parents and just breathe. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @acdc1109 thank you for going in harms way. I’m glad you have some normalcy. I hope your spouse is ok. My spouse...love him is more the housekeeper person. He keeps it clean, does laundry...the kids so stress him out when he’s on his own. I had to cut back on hours on my part time job because he couldn’t do it. He can do small doses but full on dad is not his jam.  Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. House organization and tasks are my weaknesses ie I don’t do them. 

@mimser I’m so glad now is not a source of eternal stress! I think it’s a centering time for some.

@crizz13 your story sounds about me. I had a part time job (16 hrs a month).  I work full time from home.  It that means 40 hours minimum of telework. My spouse has to go into work half of the week...for about four hours straight in the morning I have conference calls. The interruptions are mind melting. MOM PEE.  MOM SHE HIT ME. MOM CAN I....😳😭😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬.  The announcements from kids while I’m trying so darn hard to get my work done. Our kids have been in daycare or school since age 6 weeks.  The introverted two are fine. The extroverted one is mirroring how I feel.  She whines and cries most of the afternoon.  So mornings are 4 hours of TV and tablets.  I’m super stressed on that but it is what it is right now.  I hate all things about now. I want to enjoy my kids. I want to do curated cute crafts but the reality is I am barely making it. The afternoons are where I try to actually get things done. My efficiency is plummeting. It’s frustrating Econ’s all words.
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    What’s your Corona story? We were actually in Europe the beginning of March. DH brought his work computer in case things spread quickly and we got stuck. We flew home the first day of the European travel "ban" March 14th (it was our original flight). We were quarantining for 2 weeks when DH's work went to most employees WFH and stay-at-home orders started. Been home since except for my two appointments with my midwife. I'm SAHM already and DH is working long hours. I did have some work to do with my state science organization but that's about 10 hours a week right now. I've been so light headed and exhausted with this pregnancy that I feel bad for my 2 and almost 1 year old. I'm not as much fun as I normally am and rarely do cute crafts. Some days are just survival like today, I got sick a lot today. The hardest thing as many of you have said is not having anyone to help with childcare. I do worry about what will happen in the fall when the twins are born. 

How are you coping/loving this? Definitely not loving it. Since I feel so awful when pregnant, I know I wouldn't be doing much anyways during this time. Good moments and bad moments. Worrying about my family members who are high risk, especially my dad.

What is the first thing you want to do when all this (social distancing, area specific guidance etc) is over? Spend time with family and take my kids to the zoo (assuming I'm feeling better). 

To all of y'all who are essential workers, thank you and I hope you stay safe. To those trying to work with your kids at home, I hope your work understands that you are also a parent and these are not normal times. Productivity can't be the same with everything going on right now. Also, our kids will be okay in the long run even if they are watching too much TV. 
  • Options
    lindz42lindz42 member
    What’s your Corona story? My last day at work was March 13. I teach high school, so I'm now teaching with "distance learning" from 8 am to 3:30 pm with a 2-hour break in the middle. Students are required to attend all classes daily at specific time periods, so right now I'm video conferencing multiple times most days. DH is a first responder, so he's still working, which can be stressful. He's doing the grocery shopping on his way home from work and I only leave home for appointments and occasional takeout meals. 

How are you coping/loving this? The one positive about being able to work from home has been that I was able to deal with nausea, exhaustion, and frequent urination in the comfort of my home. The week we left, I was running to the bathroom (on a different floor!) between classes and was certain my students would figure it out. Other than that, I'm having a LOT of trouble staying motivated to continue working on a daily basis. I miss driving to work and going out to eat. Everything is getting so monotonous.  

What is the first thing you want to do when all this (social distancing, area specific guidance etc) is over? I want to go to a local coffee shop and spend a couple hours there reading a book by myself. Maybe a long trip to Target. Then, a game night with my brother and mom would be fun.  
  • Options
    I found our old corona thread. Just trying to bump it back to the top. Can it be over yet?! 😩
  • Options
    I feel like I’m having an existential crisis lately. It’s super hot and smoky right now, there’s a huge fire nearby and the air quality is bad. So we can’t do much outside. My son is going through a naughty phase and he needs his energy out. I don’t want to go to indoor stores just for fun because people, sickness, etc. What the heck am I supposed to do on any given day with a crazy energetic 3 year old?!

• Options
    @potofgolden agree!! A major University in the area is going back to all virtual. A friend posted get ready for everything to go all virtual again, as in prepare yourself, employer, etc and I just wanted to cy 😭 I mean I am all virtual currently, but I just really want normal life!!
  • Options
    I think the hard part is trying to decide what to do at birth now. I am really playing with the idea of no visitors because both sides have to travel by plane. I have one local friend who can help out with our toddler and honestly I told DH today that if needed I would hang out at the hospital by myself after this baby is born.

we didn’t travel much and we were home bodies other than eating out before this so the most difficult part is working from home (it is really hard to not be on site where I can actually speak to residents and makes specific recommendations) and not eating out. DD has been going to daycare since this all started and we have been fortunate so far.
  • Options
    Our state just increased measures so the usual places we’ve gone given COVID are closed or severely impacted. We have to limit our group size to 5...so that’s our family. I’m hoping they don’t include that in November.  Staying home...I am soooo over it. I normally telework so getting out is how I don’t go nuts. I love to travel during maternity leave. I’m so incredibly bummed at the outlook. 

The holidays will be pretty standard for us: by ourselves or maybe with local friends. We haven’t lived close to family since college. It’s kind of nice? We get to be a family and not worry about drama. 
  • Options
    @crizz13 that is crazy! 
  • Options
    @crizz13 oh man, I'm sure that didn't go over well!!
  • Options
    @crizz13 oh wow, I can see that being super controversial!! 

I’m so stressed about birth and Covid too. I already told our families that the baby and I will most likely not be attending Thanksgiving...unless things have really improved. Luckily they’re all very understanding and agree with my decision. 
  • Options
    @windywoman that wedding sounds like my pregnant during Covid nightmare. Declining sounds like the right choice 😬. 
  • Options
    @crizz13 I am really surprised they are mandating a flu shot (but I am 💯 pro flu shot).

I can see how hoping more people get the flu vaccine can decrease the burden on the healthcare system!  Plus I am pretty sure I read something (correlation obviously) but those that had the flu shot had less severe CoVID symptoms. The logic was getting a flu vax can help you boost your immune system. I mean it's not a research study, but it also makes sense to me 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Has anyone got the flu shot yet?
    I think I’m going to try and ask for one at my next appointment on Tuesday.
  • Options
    @potofgolden I don't think this year's flu shot is out yet (or at least not in Canada). I asked my family doctor this week when I got my TDap vaccine on Tuesday and he said I'd have to wait until fall. 
  • Options
    What’s your Corona story?
    BFP 3/7.
    SO and I were trying. I was supposed to start my period that day and I hadn't by like 10AM so I told SO I was going to POAS just for shits and giggles -- honestly not expecting a BFP. So I peed, we waited in the room and then when the timer went off SO raced me to the bathroom and was super excited to tell me it was positive (so he knew before I did, lol). Stay at home orders started shortly after this, so SO and I were home with 3 little girls (9, 5, and 4). It was so hard keeping this secret when they were around ALL THE TIME. I was so sick! Now life has returned to as close to normal as it can be. SO and I are both back at work FT and the kids are all back in school 100% in person all day.

How are you coping/loving this?
    I hate this. This is our last baby, but first together. SO has felt so left out and I've felt so alone. I have a lot of super sad feelings about this pregnancy. I definitely haven't gotten to enjoy it as much as I had hoped.

What is the first thing you want to do when all this (social distancing, area specific guidance etc) is over?
    SO and I booked a trip for mid(ish)/late April We're heading to Ireland for 5 days. We really love to travel. 

ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    @Ecat504 This is also our last child (second together). DH is such a proactive father and wants to be part of the whole experience. The fact that he can't go to the appointments with me infuriates him. He made it to most of the other appointments last time and he was the one who needed to be reassured more than me that everyone was okay.  Also I get anxiety going to appointments and having him helped me a lot... I did schedule a Private 4D ultrasound for September so we could go together and he could re-connect with the baby (he is a visual person and seeing the ultrasounds was always helpful for him).
  • Options
    I have holidays coming up at the end on September and early October. My grandma called me to tell me she wants me to come to my mother's house to celebrate and I told her that it's not safe. I know that this is going to be a federal case with my entire family, but in all honesty, I'm really not comfortable sitting inside anybody's home; especially 4 weeks before my due date.

I'm delivering in NYC and our Covid protocol is constantly evolving. DH's work seems to want him to transition to coming into the office at least a few days a week and I'm not sure if he needs to tell them that he needs to quarantine in October, and how long for. I would f*cking hate it if he tested positive for Covid when we go to L&D as he is the only support person I have and I also obviously want him to be there for the birth of our first child!!!
  • Options
    @potofgolden I am in NC and flu shots are available for sure at CVS. I am planning on asking if my ob office has it when I go Tuesday/when they plan on getting it. But my mom just got hers and I will have DH and DD get theirs very soon.
  • Options
    @laurenmicheley that’s so tough, and I totally get the family pressure. Sometimes people think family gatherings take precedence over everything. 
  • Options
    @potofgolden I asked my midwife about the flu shot at my last appointment and she said that I can get it at their office during a regular appointment after they come in. My husband has his scheduled to get through work mid-September.

@laurenmicheley I hope your family will back off.  If they keep it up, I'd recommend just starting to talk very bluntly to them of worst case scenarios. That would probably make them back off.

@windywoman we have two family weddings Oct. 3rd that we're not attending. There is no way I'd go to a larger gathering right now. Also, they are out of state and I don't want to be far away from my midwife and MFM. I feel bad for everyone who is getting married during the pandemic. In early June, I watched one of my best friend's weddings on YouTube. I was so sad to be missing it but so happy that they still went ahead with the wedding. They postponed the reception to November but I've already told her with the newborn that we won't be able to go. She understands but it sucks all around.

• Options
    @potofgolden my doctor told me to wait on the flu shot until after a certain week but I can’t remember what week...it actually might have been 28 now that I think about it. I should have written it down lol 
  • Options
    @babywiik Oh no! I hope the quarantines help and the cases clear up soon! Are they doing anything now to restrict visitors to the island?
  • Options
    @csardaszz I hope the quarentine helps and people in quarentine stay home like they're supposed to! I'm not sure if they're restricting people coming here or not. There's tunnels and bridges from the main land so it's easy to drive in🙄 thankfully summer is almost over so all the tourists can go home!!